Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

helpful indeed.

I am only looking at M1-3. I hit my 4 iron great so I don't ever want to take it out of the bag. I may not even want to take a 3 iron out, but if I go forged, I won't be getting a 3. I need the 3 to have a little offset to hit it good. I may go 3-PW if I go Burner 2.0. 4-PW if I go CB (if TM has that option)

I would take a serious look at the CBs! They are legit!!! and quite easy to hit! They offer a 3 (20*)- AW (50*) and they are awesome to hit. I really like the 2.0s, but I really like the CBs. I think this would be a great way to go, and don't be afraid to try the MCs (my absolute favorite) because they are my favorite out there right now. TM lets you blend club types too, so you could do MCs in short irons and CBs in the long irons, if that is what you would like. Hope that is helpful

Fell in love with the M3 on my golf trip a couple of weeks ago. Very versatile, long and not much left bias in it. I was very pleased with the 59 gram shaft, much more stable then I would have thought.

I hope to try the "tour" version as well.

Mo Mashie Mo Mashie Mo Mashie!

I don't have a hat for the Multi Mashie Club yet though.....

Seth needs to make a hat and I will buy another Mashie. Maybe the hat can have multiple Mashie headcovers on it or something.

the tour mashie is a smaller head and the stock shaft is an 83 gram miyazaki. i'm a new member, so i can't upload pics until i reach a certain number of posts.

Spend some time with the M2 today, and it was so so. I had a good swing today and the M3 was as usual just a canon for me, but I was having trouble hitting the M2 off the deck. I started to tee them up a bit and I was "mashing" them about 220 which is all I'm looking to get out of the club. For now it will be an off the tee club on shorter par 4's until I can get comfortable with it off the deck.

Just got back from my first range sessions with my new M2 and M3. I had much of the same experience that others have stated. These are anti-right machines, but don't look closed like draw clubs. My worst slice swing was mitigated into a 5 yard fade and I was actually hitting some draws - a completely foreign shot shape to me. I did find like others had mentioned that I had to be much more careful of ball position than with my old Nickent, moving it more to the center of my stance. Using a ball position too far forward led to a worm-burning hook. I found the distance to be ok...I was hitting the M3 10yards or so further than my Burner 2.0 4 iron, and the M2 5-10 further than the M3, so decent gaps. I bought the stiff Miyazaki and probably would have been fine with the regular...awesome shaft though. I don't care much for the thin rubber grips, but given my misadventure in trying to switch them out, I'll leave those be for a while. Very solid hybrid, and a very nice upgrade over my Nickent (which I loved).

I went out to the range today and hit a few balls with each Mashie. They both preformed beautifully. I didn't have any stray shots. I did use the advice from the Flick in the Kingdom videos. I think my problems on the course and pulling it is my grip is to tight. I loosened it up a bit and hit the ball beautifully every time. Hopefully I can keep it that loose on the course. My shots today were just nice long straight shots right at what I was aiming at. After I hit shots with this club, I just stand there and stare at the great ball flight. I love it!

Spend some time with the M2 today, and it was so so. I had a good swing today and the M3 was as usual just a canon for me, but I was having trouble hitting the M2 off the deck. I started to tee them up a bit and I was "mashing" them about 220 which is all I'm looking to get out of the club. For now it will be an off the tee club on shorter par 4's until I can get comfortable with it off the deck.

CB I had to move the ball a little back in my stance with the M2 to get good results. Just a little forward of center and I really started hitting it well

When I played a practice round yesterday, I didn't have any opportunities where the Mashie was needed, so I played an extra hole and walked up to my Mashie distance for a few shots. I put three balls on what would have been the green or right next to it from 180 yards out. Of the three shots I took, one was thinned, but rolled a long way and was actually closest to the pin. Looking forward to getting on a longer course where the Mashie will be used a bit more.

I've been finding the same thing...if you get the ball a little too forward in the stance the Mashies don't like that and the ball tends to fly a little high and doesn't get that Mashie flight pattern
CB I had to move the ball a little back in my stance with the M2 to get good results. Just a little forward of center and I really started hitting it well

I'm different in that I play mine in the front third of my stance. Not quite as far forward as a fairway, but still plenty forward.

I've been finding the same thing...if you get the ball a little too forward in the stance the Mashies don't like that and the ball tends to fly a little high and doesn't get that Mashie flight pattern

Thanks for the advice guys I will try that tomorrow on the range and see what happens. Now that you brought it up CL and I think about it, I did put the ball with the M2 much more forward in my stance than the M3.

Thanks for the advice guys I will try that tomorrow on the range and see what happens. Now that you brought it up CL and I think about it, I did put the ball with the M2 much more forward in my stance than the M3.

I love my Mashies, esp the M5, but struggle at times with the M3. This may be my problem too. I will try moving it back a little.

For those of you who have hit the Mashie and Rescue 11 both, what is your preference?

For those of you who have hit the Mashie and Rescue 11 both, what is your preference?

While I havent hit the Rescue 11 a lot I have hit it. Id take Mashie all day long. I think it feels better, is easier to hit and it comes with a much better shaft. I dont think the R11 is that bad but I think the Mashie is that much better. It really works well for my game and as you can tell, Ive picked up a few.

I bought a M1 today and can't wait to hit it at the range. I had good numbers off of the rubber tees on the simulator, but I know I will be loving it on a real grass range so much more.

Its not even close. The Mashie beat it in every category for me. Distance, accuracy, feel, ball flight, price

funny - when i was practicing off the mats at the driving range i learned the same thing. Its almost like you want to compress the ball into the ground for the best flight. If you move the ball up too much - you catch it thin - and it doesnt go far. i moved my 3w back a little too when im firing off the deck - helped with those swings.

I bought a M1 today and can't wait to hit it at the range. I had good numbers off of the rubber tees on the simulator, but I know I will be loving it on a real grass range so much more.

Awesome clam! ha gotta love saying that. Keep us posted on your results with the M1. Its a fascinating club.

The M1/M3 are my warm up clubs lol. I've got to the point where my miss is a push and I'm quite happy with that. I was absolutely destroying balls yesterday with the M1 and M3. After I got into a groove this club just ripped through ball after ball. Haven't had a day like that in a long time. Ill be heading to the course today I believe unless something drastic comes up. I'm gonna get my Mashie on today!

The M1/M3 are my warm up clubs lol. I've got to the point where my miss is a push and I'm quite happy with that. I was absolutely destroying balls yesterday with the M1 and M3. After I got into a groove this club just ripped through ball after ball. Haven't had a day like that in a long time. Ill be heading to the course today I believe unless something drastic comes up. I'm gonna get my Mashie on today!

Sweet man. good luck out there gettin yo mashie on today. Im hoping to get out this weekend.

sounds like you are starting to groove the mashies again. Can't wait to hear how you carry that over to the course.

Back