How often do you play?

I play about 4-5 rounds per week. in the summer we walk 9 almost every night. On the weekend we play most Sat and Sun and many times play 27 or 36 holes. I hit balls on many days that i dont play. Today for example i probably hit 200 or more range balls and played 24 holes. (ran out of light)

Not going to lie I am JEALOUS

I play quite a bit. The weather is finally changing here. So it looks like I have to go get golf balls and a new glove tonight. So tomorrow I can go chip and putt. Then play my first round of the year on wednesday!! YIPPEE!! I'm addicted to golf and feel my first fix of the year coming!!!

Currently, none, but spring is almost here.
In past golfing seasons, about 2-3 times per week.
This summer, hopefully a whole lot more.

We try to play both weekends, but the BF had minor surgery so he/we haven't been playing but I'm still out there on the range, but doing lessons solo!! Hopefully soon we'll be back to 3-4 times a week :)

Some of you that don't get to play much, need to get your priorities right! :golf2:

I'm reading some of these posts on how often you guys play and I'm thinking some of you must not be married! I wish I could play more than the 3-4 times a week that I do. Most of the time it is just 9 holes too. Weekends I usually get 18 in once but other than that it is just nine by the time I get off work during the week

I play at least twice a week but with the time change I'll probably double that amount.

I have to disagree on the boring part. You still get the rush from doing something well, still get excited over bombing the ball down range, still savoir the callous and blisters that come after a good day. Honestly, as long as I have a club in my hand, I am not bored. And. as stated, this type of exhilaration is free.

I work part time as a starter at my home course. I get all the free range balls I want, and I still don't spend more than a couple of hours a year at the range. This is mostly because I've never found it to help me on the course. For whatever reason, that kind of practice has never worked for me. Short game practice has paid me back with interest, so that is where I focus any time I spend on improving my game. I get no rush at all from hitting a good shot at a flag on the range. I only get that rush when it happens on the golf course. :D

I got hooked about this time last year, and since then I'm averaging about 18 holes / week. Once the league starts up again, it'll be 9 holes after work on Tuesdays, while still hopefully maintaining the weekend round with buddies. I'd love to play more, but it really starts to put a hurtin' on the wallet.

I'm reading some of these posts on how often you guys play and I'm thinking some of you must not be married! I wish I could play more than the 3-4 times a week that I do. Most of the time it is just 9 holes too. Weekends I usually get 18 in once but other than that it is just nine by the time I get off work during the week

Married here! My wife is an accountant and works 10/12 hour days most of the time so she is not home until after 6:00pm most days. I leave home at 5:30am everyday with a 50 minute or so commute, spend 7.5 hrs in the office and then home by 3:30 or 4:00pm most days. I then head to the course and hook up with someone and play. Play with the wife Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
At almost 50 we have no kids around to worry about either, which of course makes a world of difference.

I try to play at least once a week. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnt.

I do try and practice a lot though.

I try to play at least once a week. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnt.

I do try and practice a lot though.

I wish I had the motivation to practise alot. I always find myself playing soo much and hardly practising. Usually during work I will grab a cart and hit a bucket or two but that's about it.

I wish I had the motivation to practise alot. I always find myself playing soo much and hardly practising. Usually during work I will grab a cart and hit a bucket or two but that's about it.

I love to practice. Give me a wedge and 3-4 balls and I can entertain myself for 3-4 hours hitting shots around everywere to different spots.

I play 4-6 times a week (nine holes) from spring to fall and maybe 1 or 2 times a week during the winter, but I practice more in the winter. I just started doing this last year, so I hope that my game improves a lot with this schedule this year.

I'm going to try to get at least 1 round in per week when the season starts here. I'm also a big range rat, so I actually tend to practice more than play; it's partly because I have a yearly membership at a driving range where I have already spent the money for the balls and short game area, and also because last year I was working pretty hard on swing changes. I will probably try to play more rounds and be more focused with my range time this year.

For me it is 3-4 times a month. I am fortunate that I get to play year round. I fool around the practice greens about twice a week during lunch and head to the driving range usually once a week.

High end one round per week, maybe once or twice at the range in addition to that, maybe a lesson in the evening here and there (my GolfTEC is open until around 7 so I can get in a lesson after work). That is ideal and what I'm trying to get up to now that the weather is nice. In the past 7 years I've only been able to play 1-3 times per year due to other issues. Used to play a lot more back in college.

I usually average 1 round per week once the weather is warm. Sometimes I get in more, but at a minimum I try to get out once a week from about mid april through end of october before the winter chill sets in and daylight is gone too early.

Normally 1-2 rounds per weekend. I really dont practice enough. I think that would help my scores out the most.

I play 5 rounds per week during good weather and in the winter I try to get out as often as possible .

During the spring, summer and fall I play at least 2 or 3 rounds per week.
During the winter, I play 9 holes every Tuesday on an indoor simulator league.

I usually play 2-3 rounds a week during the season and will try to go to the range at least after every round and one or two more days during the week.

Last year I played 2-3 9 hole rounds a week because playing 18 was too expensive on the weekends. Got a membership this year and hope to play 2 rounds of 9 during the week and at least 1 round of 18 on the weekend. First round of the year is tomorrow!

Once a week, 2 times if lucky. If I don't play I try to hit balls 1-2 times a week. Right now I am altering my swing plane so I try to get out even more than normal.

Once the season starts I play about 3 rounds a week, hit the range 2-3 times a week and sometimes squeeze an extra 9 in through the week if I can.

Back