How often do you play?

2 rds per week last year - and multiple range sessions before work ( i work 4-midnight) so id hit some balls for an hour before work.

Starting a strict regimen this year as i have initiative to improve. Going to aim for 3 rds per week - with practice time each day.

When I have my range/pay play pass its min 1 round a week and then as much range time as I can get. I got 4 days in last week I think and I've been swamped with work. Once it settles down Ill be more in the 2 per week hopefully. I just want to get better. I need more putting/chipping work for now.

I posted 230 18 hole scores for handicap purposes last year, my high for a year was 2006 at 299 scores posted (GHIN). In addition, I play quiet a few nine hole rounds on the "off days."

Man some of you guys play a lot...

I played about 45 times last year from April to October. 60 some the year before. This year I expect business to be slower than last year, and I hope to play way more than 45.

Kevin

As soon as the course opens - it's 4-5 times a week + at least one day on the weekend. But the course isn't opening for 4 weeks at least........

I played about 45 times last year from April to October. 60 some the year before. This year I expect business to be slower than last year, and I hope to play way more than 45.

Kevin

Your wife thinks it's very funny that you think you will be playing more this year. Look at her over there, giggling.

Your wife thinks it's very funny that you think you will be playing more this year. Look at her over there, giggling.

Hehehe. Actually, I got her to sign up for the ladies club. She should play a lot more, too.

Look at her over there, thinking about golfing.

Kevin

It's much more affordable than playing isn't it?

I spend 3-4 lunch breaks a week working on my short game, and that doesn't cost me a thing. I can chip and putt for hours.

Affordable maybe, but boring. I practice short chipping and pitching a couple of times a month. The rest of the time I play. I don't do range except in sheer desperation.

I played 2 days ago, I played yesterday, and I'm playing again tomorrow. I guess I 'd have to say that I play quite a bit, but I don't bother to count. I don't plan my week around golf, but I do work in an average of at least 2 rounds every week. Some weeks only one, or in rare circumstances, none, but I make up for it by playing 3 or 4 rounds on other weeks.

Not often enough. I will likely get out once every 2 weeks on average and at least 1 range session a week this year. Between my other hobbies and running a biz, there is only so many hours in the day....

hope to get out every sat and sun from mid april to hopefully end of nov shooting for 55 rounds for 2011

Affordable maybe, but boring. I practice short chipping and pitching a couple of times a month. The rest of the time I play. I don't do range except in sheer desperation.

I played 2 days ago, I played yesterday, and I'm playing again tomorrow. I guess I 'd have to say that I play quite a bit, but I don't bother to count. I don't plan my week around golf, but I do work in an average of at least 2 rounds every week. Some weeks only one, or in rare circumstances, none, but I make up for it by playing 3 or 4 rounds on other weeks.

I have to disagree on the boring part. You still get the rush from doing something well, still get excited over bombing the ball down range, still savoir the callous and blisters that come after a good day. Honestly, as long as I have a club in my hand, I am not bored. And. as stated, this type of exhilaration is free.

I posted 230 18 hole scores for handicap purposes last year, my high for a year was 2006 at 299 scores posted (GHIN). In addition, I play quiet a few nine hole rounds on the "off days."

We have a winner. That is insane man. Good for you.

Been playing just about every other week recently since Feb but it is because I have a discount card and the course are all unlimited play until the end of March and some April. So I am trying to get in as much as I can

120+ rounds a year...and can't play for four months because of weather.

I play at least once a week and I like to pay 2-3 times a week if my budget allows it. Winters around here can be kind of long (November-April), so you have to make the most of the good days you have during golf season.

2 to 3 times per month. I am also trying to get out to the range once per week.

I play in a men's 9 hole scramble for 20 weeks and usually manage another 25-30 full rounds.

From Nov-courses open not at all really....will go to a simulator with my buddies if we can all find a time that works. Last summer it was once or twice a week. This summer I hope to play 5+ times a week and really lower the handicap

As often as the weather and my back will let me. You will usually find me on our practice hole, putting green, range or on the course on any day it's not raining and it's over 45*. I doubt that there's been a week that I didn't play/practice golf at least once in the past year. I'm playing almost every day now that the weather is beautiful and my back is getting better.

I play about 4-5 rounds per week. in the summer we walk 9 almost every night. On the weekend we play most Sat and Sun and many times play 27 or 36 holes. I hit balls on many days that i dont play. Today for example i probably hit 200 or more range balls and played 24 holes. (ran out of light)

During the winter months, I usually play twice a week. The days just aren't long enough for me to get out during the week. Now that the time change has come, I will now be on the course at least 5 - 6 days a week. I'll be doing mostly range for the next month or so, then go to mostly playing when summer rolls around.

Some of you that don't get to play much, need to get your priorities right! :golf2:

From April to September I play 3-4 nines a week. And a full 18 maybe twice a month. I try to go to the range every week and actually practice and not just hammer golf balls. I take a lesson every 3 weeks or if there is a major issue.

I play 27 holes a week, I divide it into a lesson and 9 holes on Saturday and 18 holes on Sunday. The only range here closed down for remodelling so I have no options there.

Back