TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

I currently play the Diablo forged irons. Would the MC's or CB's be closer in comparison?

The CBs are closer to the Diablo Forged irons, but in my opinion the CBs are head and shoulders above the DFs.

Thanks! I can't wait to hit them. They were supposed to come out today at Golfsmith but they did not make it. They said they were in transit.

I currently play the Diablo forged irons. Would the MC's or CB's be closer in comparison?

I went from DF's to the MC's and could not be happier. I think that the CB's are closer to the dimensions of the DF's. I like the MC's much much better than my Diablo Forged. The sole of the DF's are thicker then the MC's. I have not hit the CB's but I much prefer the weighting of the TM clubs.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Grabbed some more practice on the course yesterday as they closed the range this week to put up new netting. I have been hitting golf balls like a mad man since daylight savings time kicked in and my body is very tired. I did not have the best day of golf, but I did have some highlights.

Playing a par 3 that was 186 to the middle of the green into the wind. The pin was at the back of the green and I pulled a 5 iron and stuck one right where I was aiming. The ball hit almost exactly pin high and rolled out about 15 feet (I was using a Burner Tour; I am falling in love with that ball). I aimed a little right as my miss with the irons is a hook. The ball flew dead straight and landed right of the flag. I had a very easy two putt (which I very nearly screwed up) and walked away with an easy par.

This has been happening a lot lately. I think part of it is psychology and that I just feel good with these irons and also I have been swinging easier and taking the club that I need for a distance and not trying to make a club go a certain distance. If I can get my driver and putter working like these irons, I would want to take the Seth Show on the road haha.

good stuff Seth. It's great to hear you are falling in love with these. I think you are right about the right frame of mind for these irons. The words I kept saying was that I'm not intimidated by these irons. I know they aren't as forgiving as a GI iron but if you throttle back a little these irons can definitely perform. I'm hoping I will be able to get them back on a course next weekend and I am setting up some sim/range time for this weekend.

good stuff Seth. It's great to hear you are falling in love with these. I think you are right about the right frame of mind for these irons. The words I kept saying was that I'm not intimidated by these irons. I know they aren't as forgiving as a GI iron but if you throttle back a little these irons can definitely perform. I'm hoping I will be able to get them back on a course next weekend and I am setting up some sim/range time for this weekend.

For sure! I hope you get them on the course too. Playing golf with these irons is just so much fun! There is nothing like seeing iron shots doing what you want and landing where you want.

Thanks! I can't wait to hit them. They were supposed to come out today at Golfsmith but they did not make it. They said they were in transit.
*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent.......

I had a chance to play a SIM round with these irons earlier in the week, and again put the 7i in play at my golftec lesson last night.

I did not hit the irons as much as I would have liked in the SIM, mostly because the course I was playing was 7100 yard, par 70. There is nothing like having 7 par 4's longer than 450 to keep the short irons in your bag. I played the 5i into a 185 par 3, leaving myself 13 feet for birdie (which I missed) and hit 2 7i within 20 feet on approaches. There was one knockdown 9i that I took too much off of, otherwise I hit the green everytime I had a PW-5 in my hand.

Golftec last night was really frusterating and one of those moments when you question "Why do I play golf". We are really working hard to get me to deloft my irons more through contact (ballflight is simply too high, all the time... despite being better than it used to be) and I just can't feel it in my swing. The irons sure sound pretty when struck well though, particularly indoors where the "crack" resonates around the room. I am also enjoying the feedback and knowing where my "miss" was without any extra effort.

The weather is turing here and I fully expect to get on the course friday or saturday. It will be nice to be playing some real golf and not hitting into a screen!

word is that these are already being sent out to stores. I can't wait to hear/see how many people here purchase or try these.

I don't think you'll see the success that we saw with the 2.0's due to the price difference but it'll be fun to see which threads experience 'buyer testimonials'
word is that these are already being sent out to stores. I can't wait to hear/see how many people here purchase or try these.

I don't think you'll see the success that we saw with the 2.0's due to the price difference but it'll be fun to see which threads experience 'buyer testimonials'

100% agree with you on that. I don't say it because these are a bad iron, because they aren't. I really like these irons. I just think that the Burner 2.0's attract a much larger golf demographic.

100% agree with you on that. I don't say it because these are a bad iron, because they aren't. I really like these irons. I just think that the Burner 2.0's attract a much larger golf demographic.

Yeah, but these are for the serious golfer! The truly discerning golfer plays MC's (or CB's or MB's). You guys are right though, but I know that there are a ton of people out there that would love and have wated for TM to come out with a forged offering. Seriously.

Yeah, but these are for the serious golfer! The truly discerning golfer plays MC's (or CB's or MB's). You guys are right though, but I know that there are a ton of people out there that would love and have wated for TM to come out with a forged offering. Seriously.

that is true. I will be interested to see how these sell. I've hit the CBs and MCs and like them both. I hope the word forged doesn't scare people off.

I know that I will be getting these asap! I love these irons more than any that I have ever hit! I have already tried many of the offerings out there and my top choices were CG16 Tours, RAZR Tour and the Nike Pro Cavities, but when I got to hit the MCs I was sold! So I will be getting MCs (6-PW) and CBs (3-5). They are amazing! I do think you guys are right about them not selling as much as the 2.0 but they are in a different pricepoint as well and are serving a smaller section of the golfing public.

I know that I will be getting these asap! I love these irons more than any that I have ever hit! I have already tried many of the offerings out there and my top choices were CG16 Tours, RAZR Tour and the Nike Pro Cavities, but when I got to hit the MCs I was sold! So I will be getting MCs (6-PW) and CBs (3-5). They are amazing! I do think you guys are right about them not selling as much as the 2.0 but they are in a different pricepoint as well and are serving a smaller section of the golfing public.

I'm surprised you didn't walk out of the Kindom with these!

I'm surprised you didn't walk out of the Kindom with these!

I thought that was just because they didn't have them for sale yet heh.

I thought that was just because they didn't have them for sale yet heh.

You are absolutely right! If they had them available I would have got them already!

Its near 60 here right now. I will be taking these to the range tonight after work. I thought I made some progress hitting them down in Jersey/Delaware last weekend so we shall see.

i am getting the mc's with upgraded project x shafts. i will have pics up soon as i get them. the guy said 25th but if they come earlier he will call me. i wont let yas down i will do pics galore

You lucky guy!

Maybe you should wait until after demo day.

I played a ton of golf today and I keep falling more in love with these irons. I have been practicing the fade more and more and I think I will be comfortable putting the shot in the bag pretty soon.

I played a ton of golf today and I keep falling more in love with these irons. I have been practicing the fade more and more and I think I will be comfortable putting the shot in the bag pretty soon.

Hi folks,
I had the chance to hit outside with these at a demo today. I have hit them inside once. Seth0 has my exact same feelings. Wow, the feel of well hit balls is increadible. I was hitting with all three today (MB & CB). While the CB offer some more forgiveness (I say more than my R9) the MC have won me over. After some corrections in my swing from the past hitting, these do not really differ in distance. Mind you I was hitting crappy range balls. I walked away very impressed, so much so, that I will be getting fit this week. I believe that these irons will break my club lust addiction. I do not even want to hit my R9's anymore, they cannot satisfy me the way these do. I was hitting the 4i and pw today. I wanted to test distance (about 200 with range balls) and accuracy. I was a very happy camper. So much so that I talked these up so much and made the guys next to me hit them. They both got fit for the CB's right there. I should work for TM.

I would say that as my game progresses, these are going to prove an asset. I can hit these (unfitted) great now, I can only imagine what will happen with time. I read in this or another TM forum that we should not be scared of these 'forged' offerings. I completely agree. Although I am biased towards TM, this line of irons are so strong.
SOLD on these

Back