TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

It is so nice to take out your driver and have your first drive be bombed! When P4B, Drumdog and myself all got our drivers each one of us just absolutely killed our first drives. Walking to our carts we all had giant smirks on our faces.

Good stuff One-T. I agree on the sound factor....truly unique and provides good feedback for where you're hitting the ball on the face in addition to the feel factor

man, the first swing I took I was like huh, I have never heard a TM driver sound like that. But you are right, instant feedback on where you hit the ball.

Great write up T. I can't remember, which Fubuki shaft did you get again?

the stiff 60 Alpha

almost like a dull 'ting' sound is the best way I can describe it. not too loud, not overly muted.
man, the first swing I took I was like huh, I have never heard a TM driver sound like that. But you are right, instant feedback on where you hit the ball.

the stiff 60 Alpha

the stiff 60 Alpha

Cool, thanks.

On the forgiveness issue, are you just loosing distance on toe or heel shots or are you loosing accuracy too? I'll throw that one out to everyone.

Welcome to the club T! I've played 3 rounds with it so far and fall in love with it more and more after each round. I love the white and I love the sound (distance ain't bad either!) Went and got the 3 wood last weekend so will be putting that to use on Sunday.

Looks like you are almost TM all the way now......Ha!

Welcome to the club T! I've played 3 rounds with it so far and fall in love with it more and more after each round. I love the white and I love the sound (distance ain't bad either!) Went and got the 3 wood last weekend so will be putting that to use on Sunday.

That's my feeling exactly. This is my second round with the R11 and I can't even imagine living without it now. It is the perfect all around club for me. It caused me to buy a R11 Rescue 3, and it's about to make me buy a R11 3wd and Ghost Tour daytona. White is taking over my bag.

Cool, thanks.

On the forgiveness issue, are you just loosing distance on toe or heel shots or are you loosing accuracy too? I'll throw that one out to everyone.

for the most part it is going in the right direction, but when you toe/heel it, it has to go a little off target. IMHO

well, I was getting there and actually I love TM products, always have...but then a curve ball was thrown my way when I was picked for Callaway as my sponsor in the Morgan Cup

for the most part it is going in the right direction, but when you toe/heel it, it has to go a little off target. IMHO

well, I was getting there and actually I love TM products, always have...but then a curve ball was thrown my way when I was picked for Callaway as my sponsor in the Morgan Cup

Ask for a 13 club clause in your contract :act-up:

Do yourself a favor and get out there and hit one.

Good read one-T and I am sure you will bond even more with it after a few more rounds.

Looks like you need to get out there and hit that Razor Hawk around a little bit buddy.

thanks all....I do want to say that this club is the real deal. I was very pleased with my first round. I really look forward to my next one with it

Hey folks
After hitting this outside (R11), I have replaced both R9 in my bag.
Long, awesome sound(no tape to help mute) and accurate.
Courses should open up soon here in calgary and I cannot wait.
Settings
Open
Standard
Weight in toe

3W- bombs. Estectically pleasing. I haven't dialed her in yet but it is
The same as my departed R9. Even if it was a tad short, the color and sound
Are awesome

thanks all....I do want to say that this club is the real deal. I was very pleased with my first round. I really look forward to my next one with it

Hey folks
After hitting this outside (R11), I have replaced both R9 in my bag.
Long, awesome sound(no tape to help mute) and accurate.
Courses should open up soon here in calgary and I cannot wait.
Settings
Open
Standard
Weight in toe

3W- bombs. Estectically pleasing. I haven't dialed her in yet but it is
The same as my departed R9. Even if it was a tad short, the color and sound
Are awesome

Glad to hear you guys are feeling the R11 love. I completely agree about the sound of TM's new line, they definatley figured something out and I really believe it was for the better.

That's my feeling exactly. This is my second round with the R11 and I can't even imagine living without it now. It is the perfect all around club for me. It caused me to buy a R11 Rescue 3, and it's about to make me buy a R11 3wd and Ghost Tour daytona. White is taking over my bag.

Rex I am with you! I think all of my metal woods are going to be white. Unless the Mashie puts up a really good fight!

Had another session with the R11 T3 FW this evening. I still have everything in the Neutral setting and it has been performing very well. I am definitely finding the fairway from the tee box a very high percentage of the time. My only complaint/concern this far is the mud that accumulates under the head around the ASP plate. The fairways have been rather moist and I noticed tonight a decent amount of mud/dirt in the crack around the ASP plate. It doesn't affect the playability, but is kind of a pain to get out. I know this is being a little nitpicking, but I can't find anything else to complain about! I love this fairway wood. I have been getting better each time I play at hitting this club from the fairway. The few shots I hit from the turf tonight went where I aimed with a nice, playable trajectory. I want to try and hit a few long bunker shots when I play at a different course Sunday as I have a hole in mind that I could see setting up well for the shot. I don't think I have ever pulled a FW wood for a bunker shot, but definitely am going to give it a go. More to come Sunday night.

Thanks for the feedback Ditydawg. Glad to hear that your seeing good performance from this club, especially off the deck. Can't wait to hear how that bunker shot turns out.

Thanks for the feedback Ditydawg. Glad to hear that your seeing good performance from this club, especially off the deck. Can't wait to hear how that bunker shot turns out.

Thanks man. Yeah, I was worried about hitting it off the deck when I found out it was a T3, but it's no big deal. Plays pretty similar to my R9 3W, but longer. Not sure if you saw the post I made last night, but I tried working the ball from the deck in Neutral. I could hit some fades, none were very pretty, but I couldn't get the ball to draw. This was kind of unusual because my natural shot shape is a little draw. I am going to tinker again with it on the range sunday before my round to see what happens.

Thanks man. Yeah, I was worried about hitting it off the deck when I found out it was a T3, but it's no big deal. Plays pretty similar to my R9 3W, but longer. Not sure if you saw the post I made last night, but I tried working the ball from the deck in Neutral. I could hit some fades, none were very pretty, but I couldn't get the ball to draw. This was kind of unusual because my natural shot shape is a little draw. I am going to tinker again with it on the range sunday before my round to see what happens.

I did miss that one thanks for letting me know, that is kind of interesting. So right now when your hitting good shots I assume your getting a pretty straight ball flight?

Nice job DD67, if you just take the ASP plate off after the round its very easy to clean anything that got stuck in the cracks. Im playing again sunday so ill update how the R11 treats me, love this driver.

I did miss that one thanks for letting me know, that is kind of interesting. So right now when your hitting good shots I assume your getting a pretty straight ball flight?

Yes sir, straight or a very small fade.

Nice job DD67, if you just take the ASP plate off after the round its very easy to clean anything that got stuck in the cracks. Im playing again sunday so ill update how the R11 treats me, love this driver.

Actually, I didn't take the plate off. I have a soft bristle brush and cleaned it with that. It didn't do a superb job, but got most of it out. I will probably take the ASP plate off and clean everything with a rag. The fairways were soggy/muddy, so the bottom of the club is rather dirty. I am very impressed with both R11's in my bag. I would like to try one of the rescues to compare it to my mashie.

LOL....after three rounds of R11....I picked up R11 Rescue TP, Maranello putter...and waiting for my R11 TP FW.......

Yes sir, straight or a very small fade.

Actually, I didn't take the plate off. I have a soft bristle brush and cleaned it with that. It didn't do a superb job, but got most of it out. I will probably take the ASP plate off and clean everything with a rag. The fairways were soggy/muddy, so the bottom of the club is rather dirty. I am very impressed with both R11's in my bag. I would like to try one of the rescues to compare it to my mashie.

Everything is very soft and wet here also, i tryed cleaning it with the ASP plate on but figured it was just easier with it off so i just took it off lol. The rescue is amazing, i would love to hit it side by side with the mashie since i still havent got the chance to hit it.

Everything is very soft and wet here also, i tryed cleaning it with the ASP plate on but figured it was just easier with it off so i just took it off lol. The rescue is amazing, i would love to hit it side by side with the mashie since i still havent got the chance to hit it.

You've convinced me to bring all my clubs in and give them a good scrubbing. Definitely going to take the ASP plates off of both R11's.

You've convinced me to bring all my clubs in and give them a good scrubbing. Definitely going to take the ASP plates off of both R11's.

lol nothing like clean clubs. Thats the first thing i do after my round is clean the clubs, shafts, grips and all.

Playing a really tight course tomorrow morning, and the 4 wood will be used a lot. I plan on changing the loft to higher to limit roll on the soggy fairways.

Tap before talk.

Back