Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of this stuff have you tried? I haven't seen anyone else's comments on the Method Core putters, but I hated the way it felt.

I've only demo'd the Razr X's so far, nobody around here has the Method Core's in stock to try and I'm kind of holding off until the THP Demo Day so I can hit everything outside and side by side.

I've only demo'd the Razr X's so far, nobody around here has the Method Core's in stock to try and I'm kind of holding off until the THP Demo Day so I can hit everything outside and side by side.

That's a good call. Plus if you call it for certain items you'll be able to get an on course demo. Very unique and hopefully will close the deal on a lot of that list.

I have two spots in my bag right now that I'm considering changing, the 3 wood and the 3 hybrid.
Today I went to my local golf store that had an Adams demo and tried the F11 speedline 3W 15* (stock voodoo) and while I was at it, I tried the Cleveland FL 3W both in stiff. I was most impressed with the F11, the face felt hot and I was getting good numbers on the monitor (238 yd average indoor vs 230yd, my 3w burner 09 distance). Mishits were not too penalizing I was loosing about 10yds or so. I was surprised by the Cleveland FL as it did not perform well for me and was 15 to 20 yds shorter. The Cleveland face did not feel as good as the F11 and the sound of the F11 was also better. Finally, I did not find the slot on the F11 disturbing at all.
Now I heard/read really good things about the Diablo Octane 3W and I plan on trying this one out.
Did anyone tried the F11 and the Octane 3W? What was your experience like with them in term of distance, dispersion and forgiveness? Any other 3 woods out there that really stand out?

Last edited:
I have to spots in my bag right now that I'm considering changing, the 3 wood and the 3 hybrid.
Today I went to my local golf store that had an Adams demo and tried the F11 speedline 3W 15* (stock voodoo) and while I was at it, I tried the Cleveland FL 3W both in stiff. I was most impressed with the F11, the face felt hot and I was getting good numbers on the monitor (238 yd average indoor vs 230yd, my 3w burner 09 distance). Mishits were not too penalizing I was loosing about 10yds or so. I was surprised by the Cleveland FL as it did not perform well for me and was 15 to 20 yds shorter. The Cleveland face did not feel as good as the F11 and the sound of the F11 was also better. Finally, I did not find the slot on the F11 disturbing at all.
Now I heard/read really good things about the Diablo Octane 3W and I plan on trying this one out.
Did anyone tried the F11 and the Octane 3W? What was your experience like with them in term of distance, dispersion and forgiveness? Any other 3 woods out there that really stand out?

Id throw out a vote for the RAZR Hawk 3W too. The whole RAZR line is good stuff.

Contemplating a gambler as well. It's between that and a Betti and a Byron. Possibly a Piretti. Could be an Odyssey though as I putted lights out with a little White Ice Mallet the other day.

Id throw out a vote for the RAZR Hawk 3W too. The whole RAZR line is good stuff.

Good point, I shall had the razr hawk to my test list.

"Pondering" some shafts in my R11. I'm happy with the Blur but since I'll be able to freely test most of their TP shafts with a Trackman...why not? I have to read up a bit on the different shafts and what they do anyways.

Contemplating a gambler as well. It's between that and a Betti and a Byron. Possibly a Piretti. Could be an Odyssey though as I putted lights out with a little White Ice Mallet the other day.

Hey do you remember that putter i think i bought of you a long time ago Odyssey 990 I found it buried with some other clubs , actually used it today and putted pretty well with it, A little old school

Have you seen the demo day list? :act-up:

I was pondering r9s, and still am, but I came across a great deal on these. The original tour preferreds. Any thoughts?

4ac609f4-f36c-06d8.jpg

From the iPhone.

I was pondering r9s, and still am, but I came across a great deal on these. The original tour preferreds. Any thoughts?

4ac609f4-f36c-06d8.jpg

From the iPhone.

Did you sell your clubs? Why are you buying clubs before the outing?

Preach it Hawk, crazy Hundy, one bad weekend doesn't mean you blow up your bag.

]one bad weekend doesn't mean you blow up your bag.

Unless the bag was really friendly. I think I called TC bag once....Kidding of course.

That's a hairy situation to be in!

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Unless the bag was really friendly. I think I called TC bag once....Kidding of course.

That's a hairy situation to be in!

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Hmmmm sounds like we are now talking about what TC calls "whatnot"!

Hey do you remember that putter i think i bought of you a long time ago Odyssey 990 I found it buried with some other clubs , actually used it today and putted pretty well with it, A little old school

Have you seen the demo day list? :act-up:

Ogs I don't remember that putter. I must have sold that to you a long time ago because once I found the Tri-hot I used that for years
JB I am salivating at that list.

4ac609f4-f36c-06d8.jpg

From the iPhone.

I really like those Thainer. I was close to getting those when I got my Pings.

Ogs I don't remember that putter. I must have sold that to you a long time ago because once I found the Tri-hot I used that for years
JB I am salivating at that list.

Then I swear dont buy a putter before hand....Unless its a custom Gambler, because those will be gone by the time demo day rolls around.

To be honest, buying clubs before the outing doesnt make a difference to me because I can test almost all the major OEMs current release product. And buying clubs before the outing is okay because I will just sell them afterwards if I want to get something after the outing. I dont carry much emotion or sentiment in my golf bag.

Preach it Hawk, crazy Hundy, one bad weekend doesn't mean you blow up your bag.
Thats not really the reason. I just think its time for some new clubs.

I really like those Thainer. I was close to getting those when I got my Pings.
Thanks man. I was thinking someone on here would have hit these at some point. Im going to go swing these a little more this morning.

Well the G15's sold so I have a little equipment money to throw around. I'm contemplating hard on the Gambler. Have wanted to move over to a mallet and it looks sweet plus I think it has the combo that I'm looking for in terms of softness and sound. On the other hand I have been rolling the cheaper Odysseys at my Golfsmith fantastic. I just don't know what to do.

Thainer only reason I didn't go with those was because I had changed from wanting nice GE irons to wanting GI irons. If I had gone with a GE set it would have been those. Really nice feel to them

Well the G15's sold so I have a little equipment money to throw around. I'm contemplating hard on the Gambler. Have wanted to move over to a mallet and it looks sweet plus I think it has the combo that I'm looking for in terms of softness and sound. On the other hand I have been rolling the cheaper Odysseys at my Golfsmith fantastic. I just don't know what to do.

The way I see it is this. If you really want to spend the money and like the custom Gambler, get it. They wont be around (long sold out and stopped production) by the time the outing rolls around and you get a THP prize pack too. The odysseys will be around, heck we will have some at the demo day for you to test out. You can try them out there and take one on the course if you like. Otherwise, I swear sit tight and you will thank me later.

I'm pretty sure I'm going Gambler. I mean the Odyssey is so cheap I can get that later no problem used for a song. PLus if I get the Gambler I will have a little cash left over for wedges which I need to get. Of course before you say I will be waiting till after the outing for that lol

Does this thread become obsolete because OEM has to stick with one set of clubs until after August?

Man, this must kill you OEM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back