Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I'm going Gambler. I mean the Odyssey is so cheap I can get that later no problem used for a song. PLus if I get the Gambler I will have a little cash left over for wedges which I need to get. Of course before you say I will be waiting till after the outing for that lol

I cant wait to see that design. We have some very cool prize packs for people getting THP on them as well. VERY cool.

Contemplating a gambler as well. It's between that and a Betti and a Byron. Possibly a Piretti. Could be an Odyssey though as I putted lights out with a little White Ice Mallet the other day.

Your not very loyal buckaroo are you ? Your like a little *****:D:

I cant wait to see that design. We have some very cool prize packs for people getting THP on them as well. VERY cool.

If only NC had a CS model...

Tap before talk.

I'm pondering some burner tour golf balls for my round today.

I'm pondering some burner tour golf balls for my round today.

Right on! I am going to go buy some Pentas tonight for my round tomorrow.

Right on! I am going to go buy some Pentas tonight for my round tomorrow.

I've been pondering pentas as well but in my search for my favorite TM golf ball, I am going to start with the Burner Tour, then Burner TP, and then the Penta, I'm not sure I have the swing speed (100-105 average) to fully compress the Penta. I love that ball around the greens and 100 yards and in, but with average drives around 260 for me I can't afford to really lose any distance.

The penta has 5 layers for a couple reasons. One of them being so players of all swing speeds can compress their premium golf ball.
I've been pondering pentas as well but in my search for my favorite TM golf ball, I am going to start with the Burner Tour, then Burner TP, and then the Penta, I'm not sure I have the swing speed (100-105 average) to fully compress the Penta. I love that ball around the greens and 100 yards and in, but with average drives around 260 for me I can't afford to really lose any distance.

The penta has 5 layers for a couple reasons. One of them being so players of all swing speeds can compress their premium golf ball.

Thanks Thainer I'm aware of that fact, but if I can only compress say 4 of the layers with my driver, will I get more distance than fully compressing say a burner tour?

Not necessarily. I actually think youll be fine with the penta. If youre swingspeed is upper 90s I wouldnt say that you would have a problem engaging the golf ball. It all depends, but dont shut yourself out to the penta because I think it performs very well for alot of different swing speeds. Definitely test it against the other tmade options though!
Thanks Thainer I'm aware of that fact, but if I can only compress say 4 of the layers with my driver, will I get more distance than fully compressing say a burner tour?

Not necessarily. I actually think youll be fine with the penta. If youre swingspeed is upper 90s I wouldnt say that you would have a problem engaging the golf ball. It all depends, but dont shut yourself out to the penta because I think it performs very well for alot of different swing speeds. Definitely test it against the other tmade options though!

Thanks Thainer, I will give it a shot for sure. I try not to go after my drives so with a nice smooth swing, I'm close to 105 ss most of the time. I'll see how I like the midrange balls first and see how I them and then try the penta. If it blows them away then that will be my ball.

I agree with Thainer. You will be fine with the Penta. You could always pick up a sleeve of each and compare them all off the tee. My swing speed isn't much more than yours and I didn't lose any distance when I hit Pentas before.

Your not very loyal buckaroo are you ? Your like a little *****:D:

Loyalty is for suckers! I like to keep my clubs in a state of panic. My putter was horrendous today. It will be replaced very soon

Loyalty is for suckers! I like to keep my clubs in a state of panic. My putter was horrendous today. It will be replaced very soon

But its Tour Issue. It must be TWs...hehe

LOL my putter laughs at my lazy and erratic putting stroke. It mocks me by racing past the hole or coming up 6 feet short every other hole. I will make it pay!

LOL my putter laughs at my lazy and erratic putting stroke. It mocks me by racing past the hole or coming up 6 feet short every other hole. I will make it pay!

We call that leaving it One-T short.

lol @ One-T short!!! He's working on it. Although One-T'ing can also = blistering one past the hole by 7 feet and 5 feet right of the cup, hahaha. Gawd, that was a terrible putt, for birdie as well.

lol @ One-T short!!! He's working on it. Although One-T'ing can also = blistering one past the hole by 7 feet and 5 feet right of the cup, hahaha. Gawd, that was a terrible putt, for birdie as well.

I just laughed out loud so hard, GG just asked "what the hell"

I missed 2 1 footers today. One of which had already been given to me but I wanted to putt it out. Now the greens were aerated a little but damn! 1 footers! Putted the ball twice today completely off the green as well. It's a shame because I easily should have shot mid 70's today.

Does this thread become obsolete because OEM has to stick with one set of clubs until after August?

Man, this must kill you OEM. :D

lol I just need every one else on THP to OEM for me. So Im pondering some Callaway balls for my round tomorrow. I have some Tour i(z)'s Im going to put into play.

So Im pondering some Callaway balls for my round tomorrow.

There is a forum member on here that ponders those during every round (and every night)...hehe

I have some Cally Is's that I won't be using if you want me to ship them up to you.

I just laughed out loud so hard, GG just asked "what the hell"

haha, I'm tickled thinking about it as well. Dude, was that a nervous stroke or what? As soon as he hit it, you died laughing, hahahaha

lol I just need every one else on THP to OEM for me. So Im pondering some Callaway balls for my round tomorrow. I have some Tour i(z)'s Im going to put into play.

Let me know how that works out for you bro. I need to be in Callaway ball pondering mode as well.

There is a forum member on here that ponders those during every round (and every night)...hehe

LMAO! I just about thanks'ed all my chickfila back up.

Good gawd man!

I just ordered/added the CG16 satin finish 4 -PW irons to my bag. I also added a HW 17 degree three wood Cleveland FW wood.

I can not wait to get me some bear trap arse :deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back