Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not a club, I saw a the Cobra GT cart bag today and I'm lusting after that thing big time. The white and yellow has a nice contrast while looking clean and crisp. Puuurdy

And still wedges. I'm looking forward to Hawk's up coming review on the CG16's.

Pondering shaft changes on my a7 hybrids. I love the head on these (19/22) but My tempo isn't ideal for the Axivcore stiff 85g shafts.

Had my inaugural half-round of the season and opened with a 41 on a par 35 3200 yd track playing only 5-Pw, 56sw, and a putter. Gave me a chance to put the new X24 irons, new MP T11 SW and new Corza Ghost putter to the test and they all did very we since I've had one range session with them. I'm very content with a 41 at any point during the season but first time out in low 50s, moderate winds and intermittent rain it was very surprising.

pondering breaking up with my SuperTri...we had 3 bad dates in a row

I've decided I'm breaking up with her. I'm just not filing for divorce until I find my next bride.

Tap before talk.

I've decided I'm breaking up with her. I'm just not filing for divorce until I find my next bride.

Tap before talk.

now that's a messy situation! breaking up witht e C Kua as well?

What's been going on with it, buddy?

I'm sure its the indian and not the arrow. I don't think I'm going to dump it just yet, esp since its only been 2 rounds on the year. I'm hoping courses open up around here within the next week so I can take it to the course. I'm just not finding consistency

And what do you ponder as the replacement?

I'm not sure, when I take both drivers to the range I seem to have an easier time hitting my old diablo driver. If I were to get rid of it soon, I'm not sure I would get a replacement until after the outing. I'm going to try and work through it for now. I will say looking at the Kingdom thread, the R11 looks compelling. I like the Razr Hawk and the looks of the Zstar and 910D2. Too many options

I'm not sure, when I take both drivers to the range I seem to have an easier time hitting my old diablo driver. If I were to get rid of it soon, I'm not sure I would get a replacement until after the outing. I'm going to try and work through it for now. I will say looking at the Kingdom thread, the R11 looks compelling. I like the Razr Hawk and the looks of the Zstar and 910D2. Too many options

One of the Golf WRX guys had a Razr Hawk at the Kingdom and was attimate at its performance. I saw him hit a few balls with it and the club was just crushing balls down the range. After he got fitted for the R11 he said he picked up even more yards with the R11. Even though I think the Razr Hawk is an amazing club, I think the accuracy I gained with the R11 was worth more than any distance I gained.

One a side Note: I'm looking at a new set of irons and really like the Burner 2.0's and TM Tour Pref CB's. I hit them both and loved the CB's accuracy and the 2.0's distance. I also enjoyed each clubs forgivness. I'm kind of torn between the both of them.

yeah that's at least grounds for sampling other goods man

I had to break up with my SuperTri as well. I was getting spin numbers that were three times what you should, and he had to be shut down. I'm sure with the help of Callaway you will find a bada&% driver that will be perfect.

I'm at work at the golf store and did my own driver shootout today because it was so dead. Hands down far and away the superfast 2.0 was the best club for me and my golf swing. I had 12 yards carry over the field and a 16 yard total shot dispersion. Spin was 3600 but I was able to control the trajectory fairly easily. I was blown away.

From the iPhone.

I'm at work at the golf store and did my own driver shootout today because it was so dead. Hands down far and away the superfast 2.0 was the best club for me and my golf swing. I had 12 yards carry over the field and a 16 yard total shot dispersion. Spin was 3600 but I was able to control the trajectory fairly easily. I was blown away.

From the iPhone.

Ding ding, we have a winner! When you buyin it?

From the iPhone.

Interesting stuff Thainer, I can't hit that driver to save my life.

Interesting stuff Thainer, I can't hit that driver to save my life.

I can't even find the face on the r11(slight exaggeration) but the 2nd best driver was the s3 max. I am going to buy it I believe. I still need to test the Cleveland SL series before I do though.

From the iPhone.

I can't even find the face on the r11(slight exaggeration) but the 2nd best driver was the s3 max. I am going to buy it I believe. I still need to test the Cleveland SL series before I do though.

From the iPhone.

Ya let me know how the Cleveland works out for you man.

Returned the Odyssey #7 and am now in full on putter pondering. Fell in love with the new pure roll insert this weekend but I've also been smitten with the method core. Bagged the seemore last night at the practice green, but distance control really isn't there with me and that club.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

From the iPhone.

S3 max? Now that's interesting. I've seen the chart of how you swing, how the fish did that shaft hold up to your swing speed?

From the iPhone.

I suppose thats why they make different drivers cause I loved hitting the R11, but the superfast 2.0 and the original Superfast just weren't for me. Maybe its the shaft length but I just can't seem to make them work.

I suppose thats why they make different drivers cause I loved hitting the R11, but the superfast 2.0 and the original Superfast just weren't for me. Maybe its the shaft length but I just can't seem to make them work.
What do you like about the R11 CB?

What do you like about the R11 CB?

I really like it, the sound is great, I was getting really good spin numbers, but I'm not sure which shaft would fit me best at this point. I was hitting the blur for the most part in the 10.5* set to lower, and I was seeing really good results. Haven't hit it outside yet but the monitor numbers tell me they have a winner on their hands. I was also seeing the same if not slightly higher SS numbers with the R11 over the 2.0. Stock grip on the 2.0 is much better though IMHO.

I really like it, the sound is great, I was getting really good spin numbers, but I'm not sure which shaft would fit me best at this point. I was hitting the blur for the most part in the 10.5* set to lower, and I was seeing really good results. Haven't hit it outside yet but the monitor numbers tell me they have a winner on their hands. I was also seeing the same if not slightly higher SS numbers with the R11 over the 2.0. Stock grip on the 2.0 is much better though IMHO.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back