Srixon Z-Star Driver

LOVE Z-Star driver. Much less spinny than previous drivers. +1 on Blind9 Golf. Great shop, great guy.

Hit this driver at a Cleveland Demo day and my spin, launch angle and side spin numbers were perfect! I had carry numbers of around 260 plus rollout. I had to get it after seeing such great numbers.

Hit this driver at a Cleveland Demo day and my spin, launch angle and side spin numbers were perfect! I had carry numbers of around 260 plus rollout. I had to get it after seeing such great numbers.

How did you like the Dromos? Its one of the shafts im very interested in for my R11

Went to the range today and brought nothing but this driver and the launch monitor. Went to work on the settings with the weight change and face angle and have it officially dialed in.

Went to the range today and brought nothing but this driver and the launch monitor. Went to work on the settings with the weight change and face angle and have it officially dialed in.

you have your own LM?

Thats awesome

Thats awesome

THP Demo Day would not be the same without a launch monitor. We test EVERYTHING on a monitor. Otherwise everything is subjective.

THP Demo Day would not be the same without a launch monitor. We test EVERYTHING on a monitor. Otherwise everything is subjective.

I knew you were having one at the DD but didnt know its was THP's. Thats just cool

what specs are you set at now?

what specs are you set at now?

Still neutral for the head, but swapped the weight out on the driver to bring ball flight up slightly. Love the weights in the actual wrench. Freaking ingenious.

Love the weights in the actual wrench. Freaking ingenious.

That is a nice touch, the APP is also a really nice idea

Nice! Do you mind sharing a little more info (what degree, flex, and what specific #'s were you seeing)

I need to hit this driver again. JB, is this considered a low spin or high spin driver?

Nice! Do you mind sharing a little more info (what degree, flex, and what specific #'s were you seeing)

Absolutely!
9 degree
61 stiff
around 2400 back spin I think
around 250-300 draw spin
ball speed of 160
carry distance of around 260
launch angle of around 10-11 degrees
5534 flex code
7 gram weight in the heel and 3 gram weight in the back

I am finding this driver to be more forgiving than my R9 so far, but this could just be the honeymoon period.

I need to hit this driver again. JB, is this considered a low spin or high spin driver?

I have heard it described as both. For me it is coming in right in the mid-spin area.

I have heard it described as both. For me it is coming in right in the mid-spin area.

Did you see the spin numbers change much with your adjustments or did they stay right about mid area?

Absolutely!
9 degree
61 stiff
around 2400 back spin I think
around 250-300 draw spin
ball speed of 160
carry distance of around 260
launch angle of around 10-11 degrees
5534 flex code
7 gram weight in the heel and 3 gram weight in the back

I am finding this driver to be more forgiving than my R9 so far, but this could just be the honeymoon period.

Nice! If you could get your launch angle up a bit, you'd be carrying the ball much further.

Nice! If you could get your launch angle up a bit, you'd be carrying the ball much further.

Sweet! I can increase the launch angle by putting a heavier weight in the back. I will definitely do this as soon as my weights get in (they had to mail me the wrench and weights). I will definitely check my numbers out on a LM when I go back to ATL for my GolfTec lesson.

I want this driver in a bad way lol. The ability to adjust on the fly and get it dailed in is unreal.

Did you see the spin numbers change much with your adjustments or did they stay right about mid area?

By moving adjustments and weights, it did change slightly up and down. It can work for just about anybody I think.

Sweet! I can increase the launch angle by putting a heavier weight in the back. I will definitely do this as soon as my weights get in (they had to mail me the wrench and weights). I will definitely check my numbers out on a LM when I go back to ATL for my GolfTec lesson.

Yeah, your swing speed and spin #'s are similar to mine, but my launch angle avg. was a bit higher than yours. I'd be interested to see your carry distance with a bit more launch.

By moving adjustments and weights, it did change slightly up and down. It can work for just about anybody I think.

Im not finding the R11 to be very good for my game/swing at all and Id assume you feel the same way? This is working for you better then the R11?

Yeah, your swing speed and spin #'s are similar to mine, but my launch angle avg. was a bit higher than yours. I'd be interested to see your carry distance with a bit more launch.

What are your launch and carry numbers? What do you think I should shoot for as far as launch angle? 13?

Back