Username changes: Why?

What's it mean buddy?

My name is Jarret, my neighbor and good buddis name was Jarrett. So, for some reason when people would refer to us they would say 1T or 2T, so then people just started calling us that. My other nickname was As$hole but I didnt think it was appropriate

If you've read Calvin and Hobbes, then you know my screen name. I have never used it as a nickname though. My nickname growing up was Phatty because I WAS rail thin. Now I really am Phatty and only 2 of my closest friends call me by that name!

I might change my screen name because my wife wishes I'd grow up... hopefully that NEVER happens.

This thread is so entertaining. I've also wondered if people will call each other by their user names at the Outing. Mr. Blind 9 is not on as much as I am on THP, and I refer to many of you by your screen names. Then when you call the shop (or I refer to your order), he gets all confused. "Wait, who's Yoccos? Who's ddec?" I sometimes can't keep real names straight with people's screen names. I may end up calling you by your screen names... I really enjoy learning the background of your names and why some of you changed them.

As for mine, I'm really Patty. I might change my avatar though, as someone who saw my posts on THP told my husband in the shop that my dog was ugly (wah! - my first born baby). It's ok - I can laugh about it, as people have told me to my face, "She's got a face that only a mother could love."

I think it would be rather entertaining if everyone called most by their screen name at the Outing. Besides, that way you know if there are two "Bob's" there'd be a lot less confusion!

Most people called me Smalls. That was easier than Mike, hahaha.

Yep, same here. Dirt is so much more fun for people to say than Pat. I had a blast in Georgia being able to call a guy Clam Fist. Hahaha...

I think it would be rather entertaining if everyone called most by their screen name at the Outing. Besides, that way you know if there are two "Bob's" there'd be a lot less confusion!

It does happen. In september, you could hear One-T yelling "Fildini!" all over PGA national/

I would, but since all of my life people have been misspelling my name that way, its just a pane(<haha, get it?) more than anything.

Yes a Thane is a noble warrior.

Yeah I gotta agree that you need to go with the Mr. Cuddles. CB will need to change his to Spoony

It does happen. In september, you could hear One-T yelling "Fildini!" all over PGA national/

no, I was saying Doo Doo

hahaha....man, I need to get less drunk this time

hahaha....man, I need to get less drunk this time

Yeah. Me too. It was a ton of fun though.

I had a monster case of hangover/dehydration on Sunday. It was not fun.

Dude, if you cut back a little, you would still allow yourself a lot of room to party!

I dont get it, I am not staying up late with you boys and not having a beer. Cutting back is for sissies

I need to tweak my name a bit, this logging from new computers always bugs because I forget to hold down cntrl while typing my username...man that was brilliant idea on my part.

You mean shift? I just type my name in small letters and it works for me.
I need to tweak my name a bit, this logging from new computers always bugs because I forget to hold down cntrl while typing my username...man that was brilliant idea on my part.

HA! yeah shift, everything goes into bold or italics when i hit the other key...doh

[/I][/U][/B]
You mean shift? I just type my name in small letters and it works for me.

Just changed my Username to KyleBob. Previously known as KRN22883, which traces all the way back to the inception of AOL Instant Messenger. My middle name is Robert (after my grandfather) so some friends and family gave me the nickname and its also a cool little tribute to my late grandpa Bob. I needed something for forum-friendly than KRN22883, which was definitely not a cool forum name. I'm happy about the change.

Degoins is my real name and have been considering changing to tripbogey. When I made my login I had no idea I had found a home. Degoins just doesn't make a good greeting name at the outings.

I think you said it perfectly with "I had no idea I had found a home". I agree completely. Philvedda is my real name and now when people call me that in the forums it's like I'm being yelled at by my mom. Only thing missing is my middle name. But I can completely see where your coming from

Tapa Slice

I'm back to kicking around the idea of a name change. Jake sure sounds simple. Plus I wouldn't have to introduce myself as Jake, er Puttin4Bird, er JakeNation, er Puttin4PukeBuckets er.......

Back