Future of Product Testing on THP

So this is what happens when you miss out on THP for a week! LOL.

But seriously, anyone that gets upset or complains about not being a part of a product testing should take a step back and consider a few things first.

These tests are being conducted to help the OEM gain a great deal of information about the product they are bringing (or plan to bring) to market. The feedback the OEMs gather can greatly influence which direction they take with the product, current and future!

From a consumer’s stand point, the reviews are the perfect resource; testing conducted by real hackers, not touring pros or paid professionals.

It is a shame that anyone had to take it to that level! I appreciate THP, JB, & GG for all they do.

I'm for paying for any shipping necessary to conduct any testing I'm offered. If I throw my hat in the ring for the testing I understand the responsibilities of the testing and what it may cost.

Russ, I hope you know that I'd never look down on you for that. Like I said, there are people that just can't afford that type of thing and I've been in their shoes. At one point in my life, I was eating one meal a day and I wouldn't have dreamed of donating money or buying a shirt, etc. Like I said, if somebody can do, I just hope they'll consider it.

this right here is the very reason i would more than gladly donate when and if i can afford it
THANK YOU JB! hands down best post yet
everyone else's comments saddened me alot and i felt as tho i were a 2nd or 3rd class thp'er because i didnt have a donor tag
hey i love golf just as much if not more than anyone posting on here
so much so that im getting paid minimum wage at a golf course with the only benefit is free golf/range
and its the only job thats flexible enough with my current situation... i care for my elderly parents one of which i drive to dialysis 3x a week and numerous dr's appt
but to tell you the truth thats neither here nor there
thp to me has never been about exclusion...
the guy with no handicap that cant break 100's replies hold as much weight as the scratch golfer and thats what i love about this site
the muni golfer and the country clubber
sad to see donators vs non donators is even brought up
i know ive been here for quite a while and havent donated (YET) but man ppl that havent donated shouldnt be looked down on even if they never donate

heck this thread is about ppl complaining about not being chosen to test products... its impossible with the diversity on this site to please everyone
as long as the majority are pleased i say why change? now if the majority were the ones complaining... thats another issue all together

I've said a few times on how people can give back to THP, without donating. Why is that not being discussed? Why is everyone beating a dead horse? We all have fiscal responsibilities, we all have bills, we all have those in our families that may require medical attention and expenses. Trust me, I know. I have a 2 1/2 year old son that costs a fortune to medicate but I don't use it as an excuse as to why I can't give back. I give back by engaging people, by answering questions, by providing knowledge if I can. I also donate to Goodwill and to a local foodbank, so don't anyone dare question my integrity.

I wish some of you would just come out and say it: you're pissed off b/c you haven't been selected to test equipment. I say quit complaining and instead, figure out what you can do to put yourself in a position to do so in the future. Posting and talking golf is a start. Supporting other testers is a start. Supporting THP is a start (if you can't do so monetarily, do so by posting on the homepage or by listening to radioshows or by posting in the review threads).

I have broad shoulders and a huge heart. I can take all the criticisms anyone wants to dish out. Sorry to those of you who have received items to test or won prize packs, and haven't given back. I think it's pretty lame that you haven't. Those are my thoughts, sorry if you don't like it. I find it funny that if something is on the line, then giving wouldn't be an issue, but it seems so hard to do when one gets nothing in return.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I've said a few times on how people can give back to THP, without donating. Why is that not being discussed? Why is everyone beating a dead horse? We all have fiscal responsibilities, we all have bills, we all have those in our families that may require medical attention and expenses. Trust me, I know. I have a 2 1/2 year old son that costs a fortune to medicate but I don't use it as an excuse as to why I can't give back. I give back by engaging people, by answering questions, by providing knowledge if I can. I also donate to Goodwill and to a local foodbank, so don't anyone dare question my integrity.

I wish some of you would just come out and say it: you're pissed off b/c you haven't been selected to test equipment. I say quit complaining and instead, figure out what you can do to put yourself in a position to do so in the future. Posting and talking golf is a start. Supporting other testers is a start. Supporting THP is a start (if you can't do so monetarily, do so by posting on the homepage or by listening to radioshows or by posting in the review threads).

I have broad shoulders and a huge heart. I can take all the criticisms anyone wants to dish out. Sorry to those of you who have received items to test or won prize packs, and haven't given back. I think it's pretty lame that you haven't. Those are my thoughts, sorry if you don't like it. I find it funny that if something is on the line, then giving wouldn't be an issue, but it seems so hard to do when one gets nothing in return.

I have an honest question, TC. You don't have to answer here if you do not want to, you can PM me, but I want your honest, merciless opinion.

Do I give back?

Wow there's alot to read here.

Here's my take on testing and such. I for one love testing new equipment, so when something new comes out that I want to look at I go to the local shop and try it out. Only problem is I can't take it out on the course. So after I hit it, i'll do some searching online and read reviews. Once I heard about this place I started coming here to check out reviews before even registering. It's good to get other opinions before going out and getting some new equipment.

With that being said, if I was ever to be a part of testing that would be really cool. I'd love to offer input on the clubs I try and balls I use. Now to add onto what others have said, if there was anything to have to pay wouldn't bother me or shouldn't bother anyone in the least. In return though every review should be in depth and thorough.

I have an honest question, TC. You don't have to answer here if you do not want to, you can PM me, but I want your honest, merciless opinion.

Do I give back?

Answer this question: do you read homepage reviews, listen to radio shows, and leave feedback on the homepage?

Answer this question: do you read homepage reviews, listen to radio shows, and leave feedback on the homepage?

Yes to the first two, not as much as I should on the last.

Yes to the first two, not as much as I should on the last.

Then you know where to improve. This isn't some test or a pass or fail. We all know where we could improve if we want to.

Then you know where to improve. This isn't some test or a pass or fail. We all know where we could improve if we want to.

Thank you.

That is true, however due to the amount of shipping THP does, we get bulk rate discounts on postage. Because of that, the paypal shipping labels end up costing more for us than a trip to drop it off. Now if we charge the reader, that is different, but I still think they would prefer to save the money.

I appreciate your input, LPM, but we have a lot more factors than just that which goes into the shipping. I was just pointing out one part of it. And I wasn't referring to just USPS because we ship with all the carriers, USPS, UPS and FedEx.

Just throwing the information out there for the readers. I do think you would be hard pressed to find a better carrier for international shipment than USPS. I prefer UPS when shipping domestically but USPS is the way to go when shipping internationally.

I guess I will listen to that Up and Down show again! This is going to be torture.

Last edited:
Just throwing the information out there for the readers. I do think you would be hard pressed to find a better carrier for international shipment than USPS. I prefer UPS when shipping domestically but USPS is the way to go when shipping internationally.

I agree. Unfortunately many of the companies do not like to use them for their lack of tracking accuracy.

I feel as if this thread has turned into something where people need recognition and reassurance to see if they are contributing THP members. If you are you should know yourself.

We've all gone over the fact that people aren't forced to donate and JB and GG have said that countless times. I don't think people need to keep repeating that if you can donate, great, if you can't then we aren't looking down upon you.

I think in the long run this thread is going to start some hostility and separation between members if some aren't careful what they post.

Good call, Dent.

I feel as if this thread has turned into something where people need recognition and reassurance to see if they are contributing THP members. If you are you should know yourself.

We've all gone over the fact that people aren't forced to donate and JB and GG have said that countless times. I don't think people need to keep repeating that if you can donate, great, if you can't then we aren't looking down upon you.

I think in the long run this thread is going to start some hostility and separation between members if some aren't careful what they post.

You're right. I was a little out of line with my question.

Good post. I was trying to think of how to say this without hurting anyones feelings, but you said it perfectly.

I guess I will listen to that Up and Down show again! This is going to be torcher.

hahahaha... dude i got no rep to give out but man im rolling around lol'ing right now

I guess the question now is: Whats next?

I think its clear shipping fees need to be added to testing. Is this agreed on by JB and GG?

If so, are contests going to remain free of shipping since there contest, or will they have shipping charges also?

Is there anything else JB and GG would like to ask us on were do we stand about certain things?

I really like what this thread has brought. Im sure it has helped a lot of people out on what needs to be done and the direction THP is heading. Anything else that we(members) can help with or needs to be discussed then Im all for discussing it in here. Always going to be growing pains and I feel like GG and JB have handled this perfectly by having an open discussion about it.

I keep skimming so forgive.me.

One way to donate is to donate time if you don't have the money. I try to recomend the site thru twitter facebook and emailing links. I notice that the homepage reviews could use some tweets and facebook likes. Tell everyone that will listen about the great site you found. I bet if they visit they will thank you.

JB & GG, I know we have a subsection under the Golf section for Course Review's and was wondering if you have given thought to adding a subsection under the All Things Equipment maybe titled Equipment Review's?
Right now you have to go into the Golf Clubs, Balls and Accessories section for reviews mixed in with other topics. Just thinking out loud.

My post from earlier today may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I really think there is a need to get all the testing and review threads into a section all its own for easier use. Thoughts anyone?

Lets try and get the thread back to what was it's intention. I know that I haven't answered the questions posed

Do we just add more people to our staff and send to them only for testing?
I value what the staffers have to say honestly. I know they have been picked because they are good testers. I give what they say pretty substantial weight

Do we start a VIP program and only members of that program are eligible?
I don't like this idea really. Creates cliques IMO which does not promote a family type atmosphere which is what I really love about this place

Do we just scrap it completely and not do forum testing anymore and just do contests?
Honestly I think this would be the worst idea. It would be like burning the house down because the toilet is leaking. Forum testing is IMO the best tool that THP uses. Maybe I'm biased because I was lucky enough to be chosen but I would love for others to get the feeling I get now. When I post my thoughts on the Di11's I feel like I am giving back. I love that feeling. I have been on a ton of various forums. This is the first forum that I feel like I can contribute something valuable and I would hate to have that taken away. Forum testing is IMO incredible valuable and I bet that if you asked the OEM's opinion they wouldn't want it taken away either. Just use the Burner 2.0 thread that is still kicking it strong. TM has to love that.

hahahaha... dude i got no rep to give out but man im rolling around lol'ing right now

Why is it so funny? I'm not just talking about my show.

I thought it was a pretty ****** comment. This thread blows!

JB, I hope you got what you wanted out of this thread. It's been a real eye opener for me.

I guess the question now is: Whats next?
I think its clear shipping fees need to be added to testing. Is this agreed on by JB and GG?
If so, are contests going to remain free of shipping since there contest, or will they have shipping charges also?
Is there anything else JB and GG would like to ask us on were do we stand about certain things?

Personally, I'm going to leave when to bring up what's next to JB and GG.

As far as the second point, I am of the opinion that if you get something from THP that needs to be shipped, you should be willing to pay for that cost, testing, contest, whatever. All the time. Just because it's a contest doesn't mean the shipping costs are any lower or nonexistent. You're still getting a bargain at any rate.

Why is it so funny? I'm not just talking about my show.

I thought it was a pretty ****** comment. This thread blows!

JB, I hope you got what you wanted out of this thread. It's been a real eye opener for me.

you dont remember that guy that posted the torcher comment awhile back?
i wasnt laughing about your show... but about the "torcher" spelling
it was obviously in reference to that and not a dig on your show

Back