LPGA - Kia Classic

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I'm excited that we're going to this next week. Unfortunately we'll only be making it to the Pro-Am day on Wednesday, but cameras ARE ALLOWED that day :joy: This should be fun!!

Should be a good time. My wife and I go every year to the Jamie Farr OC Classic outside of Toledo O, but there is no tournament this year because of the US Senior Open being played in Toledo this year (not sure what one has to do with the other) so we will more than likely not see the ladies this year in person. Really bits now days that there are so few LPGA events.

Have fun! Aren't the players a little more approachable Pro-Am day too? I'm excited to watch the ladies play the US Open here in Colorado again later this year... I had a GREAT time at the 2005 US open. I was about 5 rows deep standing from the green when Birdie Kim holed out from the Bunker. The place went absolutely nuts. That par 4 18th hole was beast all week. Normally setup as a par 5 for members with a steep upslope to the elevated green. I followed Michelle Wie, Morgan Pressel and Natalie Gulbis mostly since I was able to be there for 3 rounds (1 practice round and Saturday/Sunday).

Just a quick post here - Since there is no 2011 event in the SF Bay Area this year, I decided to fly south for the Kia this week and the Kraft next week. I've just driven by the Pacific Palms resort, which is the venue for the Kia Classic - looks lovely. (think $$$)I'm volunteering at this one - the organizers must be short handed as they've got me listed for 5 shifts on 3 different committees. :rolleyes: That's the bad news. The good news is my first assignment is in the player's dining room Wed am. :D
I'll make some posts as I can.

Just a quick post here - Since there is no 2011 event in the SF Bay Area this year, I decided to fly south for the Kia this week and the Kraft next week. I've just driven by the Pacific Palms resort, which is the venue for the Kia Classic - looks lovely. (think $$$)I'm volunteering at this one - the organizers must be short handed as they've got me listed for 5 shifts on 3 different committees. :rolleyes: That's the bad news. The good news is my first assignment is in the player's dining room Wed am. :D
I'll make some posts as I can.

Looking forward to it Rici!

Kevin

Have fun GC...I look forward to reading what you have to say. :)

Should be a great time. I wish the Ladies had more US Tourneys this year! Hopefully this economy will change for the better someday soon so we can see more LPGA golf. I love watching the Ladies play. They've helped me so much with my game, it's so sweet watching them swing so smooth effortlessly. Solid Contact... I hope Michelle Wie has a great year along with my favorite Se Ri Pak. Have a great time! Could you please take some pics if you can?

Gates open NOW and I'm still at home waiting for the BF to get his butt moving :angry: I better get to see Paula and Natalie and get pictures with them!! My camera AND my phone are ready to go...just waiting for the BF :nono:

Gates open NOW and I'm still at home waiting for the BF to get his butt moving :angry: I better get to see Paula and Natalie and get pictures with them!! My camera AND my phone are ready to go...just waiting for the BF :nono:

Looking forward to your report and pics GC! :thumb:

Look at the bright side, he will NEVEr be able to complain about waiting for you after you had to wait for him today of all days

Finally on our way! Geeze!!! It's clear skies and nice out! Should be a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the entrance!
a6cd8f38-15d6-9044.jpg

This should be a really good event, I hope Brittany can get herself in the winner's circle this time!

Keep the great pics coming GC!!

I was able to meet Morgan Pressel and BF took a picture of me and Morgan. I took a picture of Morgan's swing.

a6cd8f38-1b6f-dca1.jpg

Brittany Lincicome teeing off. She even signed my pairings sheet :)
a6cd8f38-273d-f8db.jpg

Have fun! Aren't the players a little more approachable Pro-Am day too? I'm excited to watch the ladies play the US Open here in Colorado again later this year... I had a GREAT time at the 2005 US open. I was about 5 rows deep standing from the green when Birdie Kim holed out from the Bunker. The place went absolutely nuts. That par 4 18th hole was beast all week. Normally setup as a par 5 for members with a steep upslope to the elevated green. I followed Michelle Wie, Morgan Pressel and Natalie Gulbis mostly since I was able to be there for 3 rounds (1 practice round and Saturday/Sunday).

I'm planning on taking my daughter for at least one day, she really wants to meet Christina Kim

Suzanne Peterson :)
a6cd8f38-2c3a-9a18.jpg

a6cd8f38-2c58-99c0.jpg

Thanks for sharing your day at the tourney GC. TC will be thankful for the SP pics you just posted...

Christie Kerr and next up is Julie
a6cd8f38-3085-a241.jpg
Inkster. Paula signed my hat :)
a6cd8f38-3071-0bbf.jpg

This is awesome coverage GC keep it coming! If ever the opportunity arises for practice round tix I always jump.

@RonInThornton when I went in '05 I got an autograph from Michelle Wie for my daughter (though unborn at the time!) and Michelle was every bit of 6'3" staring me back in the eye. And that was at 16 years old! How old is your daughter? If you can only get down for one day I highly suggest the Practice Round. Seriously, so few people and the players are much more open.

Here is Paula and I got a picture of her caddie and bag.

a6cd8f38-32fd-0540.jpg

a6cd8f38-3310-69c7.jpg

a6cd8f38-3333-5335.jpg

And Julie Inkster :)
a6cd8f38-3382-6281.jpg

Lol!!! One of the amateurs is Juan Pablo Montoya. He used to be in F1 and does other car racing. He is with Paula's group and the BF got a picture with him :)

Amanda Blumenhers. Got a great shot!

a6cd8f38-35f6-1167.jpg

Me and Anna Nordqvist. Look how short I am!

a6cd8f38-3889-95c0.jpg

Back