LPGA - Kia Classic

Terrific finish, great golf played by Shin and Gal.

Had to take my daughter to hit a few balls with two holes left. Just watched them now on DVR. Very surprised Shin missed that last putt. She was feeling the pressure after the awesome shot by Gal. That was some great golf viewing. It's too bad more people don't appreciate watching the women play. Gal made some incredible putts down the stretch, and you can't hit an approach much better than the one she hit at the last. Almost made the darn thing. I love Gal's tempo swinging the club and the putter. Shin is so accurate it's ridiculous.

Kevin

I am the same with you Esox , I enjoy watching the women play . They have a game I can relate to more then the men .

I love Gal's swing and demeanor. What rhythm and fluidity.

Congrats to Gal for a great win! I love to watch the LPGA tournaments. The main difference watching the women play is so much more finesse and control compared to mostly power in the mens game. Watching the LPGA is golf at its purest.

great pics GC... how did i miss this thread? did you ask them to follow us on twitter? hahaha

I am the same with you Esox , I enjoy watching the women play . They have a game I can relate to more then the men .

dude if you play ball like them then youve gotta be a gamer cuz i can in no way shape or form relate to any pros games pga/lpga/champions/euro/nationwide... even hooters
heck our new pro was the va am champ back in the day and i cant even relate to his game... he throws darts and he couldnt make it on tour

but i can sure relate to enjoying watching them play... id much rather watch them than a bunch of dudes lol

Great to see a finish like that on the LPGA. It was compelling golf with the 2 going head to head. Too bad for Shin missing that putt on 18. Great win for Gal. She's clutch. I'm sure the European Team will love having her in the next Solheim Cup.

Great to see a finish like that on the LPGA. It was compelling golf with the 2 going head to head. Too bad for Shin missing that putt on 18. Great win for Gal. She's clutch. I'm sure the European Team will love having her in the next Solheim Cup.

They were saying she's not eligible for the Solheim because she isn't a member of the ladies Euro Tour. I thought that was weird.

Kevin

I really, REALLY enjoyed this tournament from a TV viewing perspective. Not only was it exciting because of the way it finished and the way the last day came down to a dog fight between Jiyai Shin and Sandra Gal (which was the most exciting finish to a golf tournament I've seen in a very long time) but also because Golf Channel really did a fine job showing the LPGA with equal credence to the PGA.

I know I'm looking forward to watching the ladies again this week for the Nabisco Championship, the first Major of the year.

I really, REALLY enjoyed this tournament from a TV viewing perspective. Not only was it exciting because of the way it finished and the way the last day came down to a dog fight between Jiyai Shin and Sandra Gal (which was the most exciting finish to a golf tournament I've seen in a very long time) but also because Golf Channel really did a fine job showing the LPGA with equal credence to the PGA.

I know I'm looking forward to watching the ladies again this week for the Nabisco Championship, the first Major of the year.

i also enjoyed it alot... im a big fan of the lpga

I rarely watch the LPGA but caught a replay of the last 5 holes last night. After watching the men all but implode at Bay Hill it was impressive to watch Shin and Gal think their way around. They made it look so easy. Is this they way it always is?

I rarely watch the LPGA but caught a replay of the last 5 holes last night. After watching the men all but implode at Bay Hill it was impressive to watch Shin and Gal think their way around. They made it look so easy. Is this they way it always is?

Typically, yes. Because most the ladies (Michelle Wie excepted) can't bomb and gouge it down the fairway, they have to have a lot of finesse around the greens and think their way in. Watching them handle Oakmont last year for the US Open was amazing. It wasn't that they didn't put themselves into some bad places, it was the shot making that made it so much fun to watch. These ladies really know how to place shots

They were saying she's not eligible for the Solheim because she isn't a member of the ladies Euro Tour. I thought that was weird.

Kevin

WOW!
Could you imagine Luke Donald and Paul Casey and a few others NOT being eligible for the Ryder Cup. CRAZY TALK! Maybe the play enough on both tours to remain eligible. I can't recall the RC having that restriction. But, maybe they do.

I watch the LPGA whenever it's on as the ladies play a game in which I am more familiar. They don't hit 320 yard drives and 180 yard 8-irons. I find it compelling golf. Not every tournament is like this, but a lot of them come down to the wire. Last year's women's US Open was one of the best tournament's (men or women's) that I saw all last year.

Their first major is this weekend (Kraft-Nabisco), you may want to watch it. :)

Back