TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Nice DD, how is that performing off dead grass? That is the one area i had some problems with the hybrid, it goes through the ground so well it was just cutting through the dead grass to easy and i was hitting it fat out of it.

Thanks 10yd. When I concentrate on what I am doing, I end up putting a good swing on it. I have some thin from the tight lies in the dormant fairways, but they have still gone straight and worked out decently. We have had so much rain here recently that I have hit a few fat. Not just a little fat, but earth moving fat. The ground is still really soggy, but as soon as it dries up I don't think I will have any issues.

Thanks 10yd. When I concentrate on what I am doing, I end up putting a good swing on it. I have some thin from the tight lies in the dormant fairways, but they have still gone straight and worked out decently. We have had so much rain here recently that I have hit a few fat. Not just a little fat, but earth moving fat. The ground is still really soggy, but as soon as it dries up I don't think I will have any issues.

It has been really soggy here too but there are still some spots where the grass is dead and the clubs just go right through it, hit a wedge out of one tuesday and it only went about 10 yards lol, the clubs just go under it so easy. Glad its working out for ya though, Rescue has worked great for me so far. Weather isnt good at the moment so i dont think im gonna be able to get out this weekend but hopefully by tuesday or wednesday its better.

I have hit some similar earth moving shots with the 4W. I dont know if its the same with the T3 but on mine the sole seems to drop away a little about a half inch behind the leading edge, which in my opinion gives these clubs a bit more aggressive leading edge than what I have experienced with other FW's and its seems these FW's have a little more tendency to dig if you get to steep in soft conditions. Thanks for the info and the pics DD.

I have hit some similar earth moving shots with the 4W. I dont know if its the same with the T3 but on mine the sole seems to drop away a little about a half inch behind the leading edge, which in my opinion gives these clubs a bit more aggressive leading edge than what I have experienced with other FW's and its seems these FW's have a little more tendency to dig if you get to steep in soft conditions. Thanks for the info and the pics DD.

No prob Hole~out. I agree with what you are saying about the leading edge. I am going to take my R9 3w with me tomorrow and saturday to do a little comparison.

So I was playing around with my R11 since getting fitted. I started moving the ASP around, the weights ect. I noticed that when I go to tighten the ASP, it does not have that "distinct" click sound. I tried loosening it and tightening it a few times, but it's not making that click and I'm tightening it pretty damn hard. Anyone else come across this?

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

So I was playing around with my R11 since getting fitted. I started moving the ASP around, the weights ect. I noticed that when I go to tighten the ASP, it does not have that "distinct" click sound. I tried loosening it and tightening it a few times, but it's not making that click and I'm tightening it pretty damn hard. Anyone else come across this?

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

its the wrench that clicks not the actuall bolt

I used my R11 7 - wood on several holes today in 30 - 35 mph winds. Just like one of my co-harts said "This give's me the impression that if you having problems over cooking your draws the ASP in the open position may be a very good option for you with this club" I agree 100 percent. I teed off with my 7 - wood on several holes today into the wind and I was in awe of this little beast. Tee it low and sweet swing her and it's solid as a rock. My current favorite setting is with the ASP in the open position with the high FCT setting. I am having a stuggle with not wanting to add the 4 - wood to my bag. I really don't believe you would need a driver if the 4 - wood performs half as well as the 7 wood!

I used my R11 7 - wood on several holes today in 30 - 35 mph winds. Just like one of my co-harts said "This give's me the impression that if you having problems over cooking your draws the ASP in the open position may be a very good option for you with this club" I agree 100 percent. I teed off with my 7 - wood on several holes today into the wind and I was in awe of this little beast. Tee it low and sweet swing her and it's solid as a rock. My current favorite setting is with the ASP in the open position with the high FCT setting. I am having a stuggle with not wanting to add the 4 - wood to my bag. I really don't believe you would need a driver if the 4 - wood performs half as well as the 7 wood!

Nice write up Ole Gray. What kind of trajectory are you seeing with the FCT on the higher setting? These are some amazing fairway woods!

Haha good stuff Ole Gray. Getting a little FW fever are we? Im really glad this club has been everything you hoped it would and more from the sounds of it.

Are you saying that the R11 4wood might get some serious consideration for your bag OG?

good stuff gray!

Nice write up Ole Gray. What kind of trajectory are you seeing with the FCT on the higher setting? These are some amazing fairway woods!

DD - It was high but not ballooning at all. In fact I use it quite a bit teeing off on par four holes and was extremely pleased with the outcome. The ball started off low, climbed up a bit, leveled off and found the fairway. It was too much fun! I found that when I put it on the open ASP with the low FCT, I tend to hit the ball low with a push to the right side of the fairway. The high position works well for me without too much spin.

Are you saying that the R11 4wood might get some serious consideration for your bag OG?

TC -- I would put it in the bag in a skinny minute. I have a craving for it and I have to restrain myself. You never know what may happen down the road.

DD - It was high but not ballooning at all. In fact I use it quite a bit teeing off on par four holes and was extremely pleased with the outcome. The ball started off low, climbed up a bit, leveled off and found the fairway. It was too much fun! I found that when I put it on the open ASP with the low FCT, I tend to hit the ball low with a push to the right side of the fairway. The high position works well for me without too much spin.

Good stuff OG! I'm glad you are liking the R11 fw's, I know I am.

TC -- I would put it in the bag in a skinny minute. I have a craving for it and I have to restrain myself. You never know what may happen down the road.

I love these fairways. I did not think they could improve drastically over the R9 (sensational), but they did. I get a medium/higher ball flight with my ASP open and 1* higher. The only thing that really matters after hitting is seeing how straight the ball goes. It goes straight

Yeah, I know that means that you'll have one before long :eek:k:

Yeah, I know that means that you'll have one before long :eek:k:

He may not be the only one, im seriously considering adding the 4 wood as well

Ok guys i need some help. I got my wrench in the mail today, and the material it came with said R9 Supertri on it. The wrench is white with a black top. Is this the correct wrench for the torque for the R11's? i really want to start tinkering but I don't want to screw anything up. thanks

Any of the R series wrenches will work, its just the newer one allows you to tighten it just a tad bit more than the old ones.

I know the R11 wrench is white so im pretty sure you got the R11 wrench but any of them will do.

Ok guys i need some help. I got my wrench in the mail today, and the material it came with said R9 Supertri on it. The wrench is white with a black top. Is this the correct wrench for the torque for the R11's? i really want to start tinkering but I don't want to screw anything up. thanks

I have the supertri tool and it works perfectly.

Tap before talk.

Great thanks for the info bridges! I have really been looking forward to tinkering.

Thanks War

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Ok I am having this issue also am i just not tightening on the wrench enough? It seems like I am getting it nice and tight.

Sorry for all these questions but i really don't want to screw anything up in this club.

Back