The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What comes after Aleve? Ive been eating Aleve like Skittles and I think Im immune to them now.

I like aleve, it works good for along period of time. Headaches/hangovers i prefer excedrin. Muscle aches I've always used ibuprofen since I played sports, doc always prescribed 800 mg.

I tell ya what though- I had a tooth pulled other day, and dentist put me on loritab 10mg, I didn't feel a thing. Best painmed ever.

I like that part of it. Can use Tapatalk or the regular forum. Both work quite good.

U ever used an iPad? Wonder how it compares. I haven't played the new ones yet, love my ipad

I like aleve, it works good for along period of time. Headaches/hangovers i prefer excedrin. Muscle aches I've always used ibuprofen since I played sports, doc always prescribed 800 mg.

I tell ya what though- I had a tooth pulled other day, and dentist put me on loritab 10mg, I didn't feel a thing. Best painmed ever.

Muscle Ache- 800 mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours.
Headache- Acetaminophen, as directed on bottle.
Alternative solutions for headache- earplugs for you, and a baseball bat for whoever is making noise during said headache.

U ever used an iPad? Wonder how it compares. I haven't played the new ones yet, love my ipad

You know its a golf site when.... "Have you tried the new coffee yet honey? No I haven't played it yet."

The what are you watching, and what are you snacking on threads kind of baffle me. I'm not saying they are pointless, but when I go in there every time I post I think "why bother?"

It's funny how I bet most people just go into the thread, post what they are doing and then leave. The main point of a forum is a discussion and that thread I don't think there are hardly people who even read anyone elses posts. :D

Esox' post got me thinking, and this isnt towards Esox or JL, because I love the fact that he is taking stock and ensuring the proper specs for his daughters golf game. But for others I think people on here over think the game of golf. Swing weight, loft angles, lie angles(to a degree), head weight, grip weight, camber.

Why are people worrying about all this? Just because these things make such a huge difference in a tour players game doesnt mean thats how they got there. They didnt find the secret recipe and it made everything click.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GOLF SWING PEOPLE

Why are people so worried about every tiny little detail?

Last edited:
Esox' post got me thinking, and this isnt towards Esox or JL, because I love the fact that he is taking stock and ensuring the proper specs for his daughters golf game. But for others I think people on here over think the game of golf. Swing weight, loft angles, lie angles(to a degree), head weight, grip weight, camber.

Why are people worrying about all this? Just because these things make such a huge difference in a tour players game doesnt mean thats how they got there. They didnt find the secret recipe and it made everything click.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GOLF SWING PEOPLE.
i've always thought if you have a good swing you can hit anything....but that's just how I see it. It's not ENTIRELY the same in tennis but it's certainly similar...so many people worried about frame thickness and swingweight and headsize...but if you can play you can play...if not a new stick isn't gonna make a miracle happen.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GOLF SWING PEOPLE

Why are people so worried about every tiny little detail?

The question is: Why are you worried about what others worry about?

I say who cares if they want everything perfect. It's not hurting anything at all to make sure they have everything the perfect way they want, doing that can give them a peace of mind knowing it's not a equipment problem. You can't make a committed swing if your not thinking right.

Not everyone is the same. You don't worry about details, which could be fine with you but others want to make sure everything is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont worry about what others worry about, and to be honest, it can hurt a lot of things by worrying about everything being perfect.

I understand not everyone is the same, but there is not a "perfect" setup for each individual. I just dont buy the arguement that "you cant make a committed swing if youre not thinking right", because if youre not thinking right, what are you thinking about? How much the equipment is at fault?

I honestly think that although fitting makes a big difference, it really doesnt make as big of a difference as people may think. If you put a decent swing on the ball, no matter what the equipment is, you will get a decent result. I understand shaft and iron fitting, but other than that, whats helping you score better? the extra 4 grams on your putter head? Making sure your driver i a d5 not a d3?

The question is: Why are you worried about what others worry about?

I say who cares if they want everything perfect. It's not hurting anything at all to make sure they have everything the perfect way they want, doing that can give them a peace of mind knowing it's not a equipment problem. You can't make a committed swing if your not thinking right.

Not everyone is the same. You don't worry about details, which could be fine with you but others want to make sure everything is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only thing im worried about is if i can even contact the ball every time i swing

I didn't want to start a thread and unnecessarily cludder up the review section, but i couldn't find anything in searching. Are there any reviews/thoughts on the Titleist AP1 710 irons?

I'm looking into getting a new set of irons sometime this summer. my irons are good, nothing wrong with them at all, but i feel like my game is past the sgi irons i currently use (probably ego, but i do feel like they're too big); and with my current plans of trying to attend the golf academy next year, i'd like to get an iron set that will be my iron set for the foreseeable future.

I'm not dumb enough to think that i have the talent to play a pure blade set (and reading the blade v. cb thread gave me some insights that i don't need to make the game harder than it is), but i don't want sgi irons, and i'd like, ideally, something that's more played than cavity but leaning more towards cavity than full blade (if that makes any sense). Obviously i need to try out all the different irons and see what fits me, but i'm doing some initial research and hoping those who are smarter than I in these areas can start pointing me in the correct direction. I was initially looking at the cleveland g16's, but didn't quite like what i read, did a little looking online at last year's taylormade's (i haven't had the opportunity to go to golf galaxy and browse anything yet), and some ping's. But there are a lot of options, it can be quite daunting

I ask about the titleists because they look beautiful, the golf digest review description of them sounds like exactly what i'm looking for, and i had previously looked into the idea of the ap2 irons, but reading the blade-cb thread had me rethinking the full blade idea

I honestly think that although fitting makes a big difference, it really doesnt make as big of a difference as people may think. If you put a decent swing on the ball, no matter what the equipment is, you will get a decent result. I understand shaft and iron fitting, but other than that, whats helping you score better? the extra 4 grams on your putter head? Making sure your driver i a d5 not a d3?

This!

Tapatalk - keeping me busy at work.

That little birdie is talking in my ear again. Stay tuned for something coolnlater today.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! JB, that little birdie is one of my favorites on THP.

That little birdie is talking in my ear again. Stay tuned for something coolnlater today.

always interesting!

I love when that bird starts talking!

The birdie always brings interesting news.

woooo!!!

I didn't want to start a thread and unnecessarily cludder up the review section, but i couldn't find anything in searching. Are there any reviews/thoughts on the Titleist AP1 710 irons?

I'm looking into getting a new set of irons sometime this summer. my irons are good, nothing wrong with them at all, but i feel like my game is past the sgi irons i currently use (probably ego, but i do feel like they're too big); and with my current plans of trying to attend the golf academy next year, i'd like to get an iron set that will be my iron set for the foreseeable future.

I'm not dumb enough to think that i have the talent to play a pure blade set (and reading the blade v. cb thread gave me some insights that i don't need to make the game harder than it is), but i don't want sgi irons, and i'd like, ideally, something that's more played than cavity but leaning more towards cavity than full blade (if that makes any sense). Obviously i need to try out all the different irons and see what fits me, but i'm doing some initial research and hoping those who are smarter than I in these areas can start pointing me in the correct direction. I was initially looking at the cleveland g16's, but didn't quite like what i read, did a little looking online at last year's taylormade's (i haven't had the opportunity to go to golf galaxy and browse anything yet), and some ping's. But there are a lot of options, it can be quite daunting

I ask about the titleists because they look beautiful, the golf digest review description of them sounds like exactly what i'm looking for, and i had previously looked into the idea of the ap2 irons, but reading the blade-cb thread had me rethinking the full blade idea

I was able to go to golf galaxy today and do some solid browsing, which is great because internet pictures can only do so much. Still love the look of those ap1's. just a beautiful club. the cleveland's don't look as nice in person, seem bulkier and not as shiny (reading in the cleveland thread that the black shine wears off wasn't something i liked to much either). they only had one set of graphite burner's, obviously i wouldn't be getting graphite clubs, but they i did like them.

I was able to him some ping S58, which i believe are classified as a type of blade (yes? no?), and i hit them good all things considered (i've been swinging my garage all winter, but i don't have any plastic balls or a net so this was the first time i've struck a golf ball with a full shot since november, as well i wasn't exactly dressed for athletic movement); i hit some good shots and misses were pulls. i felt like i could hit a club similar to those s58's, but they're probably a bit more of a player's club than what i probably need. They have a demo day in a month where i'll get to hit all the clubs i'm looking at and hope to find out more

I missed this previously, but there is a full review on those irons on the home page.

I am eating an apple, wasnt paying attention and got a seed. Apple seeds taste like shat! Johny appleseed must be one sorry somebiatch to get that name

I am eating an apple, wasnt paying attention and got a seed. Apple seeds taste like shat! Johny appleseed must be one sorry somebiatch to get that name

Lolzors.

Learned how to memorize a deck of cards today. Why we were doing this in English class, I do not know.

I just eat a bag of Ketchup chips because I was hungry and that was all that was really avaliable without leaving the office. They need to stop making them, cause the only person eating them is Dent who melts Cheese wiz on them.

Lolzors.

Learned how to memorize a deck of cards today. Why we were doing this in English class, I do not know.

My cousin competed in some "Genius Mensa" thing last year. She can remember a deck down to its 86th card. (Iknow how many cards are in a real deck) Its FRIGHTENING when she does it.

I just eat a bag of Ketchup chips because I was hungry and that was all that was really avaliable without leaving the office. They need to stop making them, cause the only person eating them is Dent who melts Cheese wiz on them.

Freaking Canadians and their ketchup chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back