TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Hybrid Review Thread

I'd say after another few rounds and some more range sessions to go ahead and throw some "wear" pictures up anyway.

Excellent thread guys, I'm digging the write ups. I have last year's SuperLaunch and I believe Spank is right, the only difference that I can find anywhere without being able to compare them side by side is the color.

Keep up the good work, and Spank it's all about tempo as TC is saying. Smooth swings will get you where you want to go buddy!

I'd say after another few rounds and some more range sessions to go ahead and throw some "wear" pictures up anyway.

You got it hoss.

I've found that my swing has gone that direction as well over the winter, a lot due to working on that TEMPO. I've lengthened my swing and picked up some clubhead speed as a result.

Keep it up dude, you're doing a good job.

How's the wear and tear on the white crown/black face?

I have noticed a difference between my Sumo hybrid and the burner with the type of swing that Spank and I have said. I can attack the ball all day with the Sumo, hard swing/normal swing and it will still go straight. I have a slice problem with my driver that I am working on, that never really affected the other clubs in my bag. Now if I go after it, I'll pull it right or slice it. If I just do a normal easy swing, it goes where I want it to go. And when I say goes, it goes. It reminds me of the Mashie reviews.

So far the wear on the black face is minimal, I can just wife off ball marks, and I haven't had any mishits to where it would cause any of the paint on the crown to chip.

Overall I have had a fun experience with this hybrid. I thought the Sumo was gonna be a permanent member in the bag, but if I can get in a rhythm with the burner it's a fantastic club.

My supervisor at work and I got 9 in last thurs. I let him hit it a dew different times and the rest of the day all he kept saying was "new technology"

I want to pick up last years burner superfast hybrid in the same specs to compare it to, I wax told the 2.0 were lighter, but I want to see for myself.

It has been fun getting to swing this club and posting my findings on it

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Excellent thread guys, I'm digging the write ups. I have last year's SuperLaunch and I believe Spank is right, the only difference that I can find anywhere without being able to compare them side by side is the color.

Keep up the good work, and Spank it's all about tempo as TC is saying. Smooth swings will get you where you want to go buddy!

Thanks big guy.

+1 to this! Love to see how it holds up after a few more rounds.

You guys are doing a great job! I always did like the original SF hybrid.

I just received my 18-degree SF hybrid in the mail yesterday - decided to order one after reading the initial reviews here. Thanks! (I will post my own review once I get the chance to hit it)

I just received my 18-degree SF hybrid in the mail yesterday - decided to order one after reading the initial reviews here. Thanks! (I will post my own review once I get the chance to hit it)

Good to hear, juice! I'm glad we can help. Which flex shaft did you decide on?

Awesome Juice, enjoy it. It is a fantastic club!

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

That is cool! Congrats on the new club!

Way to go testers!! A convert already!

Came with the stock Re-Ax 60 Stiff shaft. All of my clubs are stock-shafts, my tinkering has yet to extend to shaft pulling/replacing.

Hey guys, I also picked up a Superfast 2.0 18* Rescue with a RE*AX 60 Regular in an attempt to fill the gap in my bag between my 15* 3W and my 22* Hybrid.

I tried multiple hybrids, but this club was my favorite. My favorite thing about my Superfast 2.0 is the high ball flight it offers. The ball lands softly, which is nice for approach shots. In addition to being high, the flight of the ball is also penetrating.

By the way did I mention this club is LONG? I hit my driver around 245 on a good of the tee. My 3W is about 220 off the tee. I struggle with hitting a 3W off the deck, which makes longer par 4's and 5's hard as my 22* H is only good for about 180 off the deck. This 18* H hits the ball around 205 off the deck. This club seemed at home off the deck. I only hit a few off the tee, where it performed very well. However, I'm very comfortable with my 3W off the tee and this club with most likely be used for off the deck.

One thing that intrigued me about the Superfast is that tempo seems to be more important than swing speed. With a slow, smooth swing the ball seems to fly further than with a super fast swing. The ease of hitting this club makes me be excited to play longer holes.

The white color of the hybrid is awesome! I love how it shows the face angle very clearly. The one gripe I have with the design is the the alignment aid. I would have preferred just the simple flame without the word "burner". I also like the elongated head shape as it gave me confidence looking down on the ball!

I hope this can help any golfer that is considering a new hybrid! If any one wants to hear comparisons between the other hybrids I hit, let me know and i will try to help!

Came with the stock Re-Ax 60 Stiff shaft. All of my clubs are stock-shafts, my tinkering has yet to extend to shaft pulling/replacing.

Haha, stick around long enough here on THP and you'll find yourself tinkering more than ever before. Good stuff and let us know when you get some dirt on that thing.

Hey guys, I also picked up a Superfast 2.0 18* Rescue with a RE*AX 60 Regular in an attempt to fill the gap in my bag between my 15* 3W and my 22* Hybrid.

I tried multiple hybrids, but this club was my favorite. My favorite thing about my Superfast 2.0 is the high ball flight it offers. The ball lands softly, which is nice for approach shots. In addition to being high, the flight of the ball is also penetrating.

By the way did I mention this club is LONG? I hit my driver around 245 on a good of the tee. My 3W is about 220 off the tee. I struggle with hitting a 3W off the deck, which makes longer par 4's and 5's hard as my 22* H is only good for about 180 off the deck. This 18* H hits the ball around 205 off the deck. This club seemed at home off the deck. I only hit a few off the tee, where it performed very well. However, I'm very comfortable with my 3W off the tee and this club with most likely be used for off the deck.

One thing that intrigued me about the Superfast is that tempo seems to be more important than swing speed. With a slow, smooth swing the ball seems to fly further than with a super fast swing. The ease of hitting this club makes me be excited to play longer holes.

The white color of the hybrid is awesome! I love how it shows the face angle very clearly. The one gripe I have with the design is the the alignment aid. I would have preferred just the simple flame without the word "burner". I also like the elongated head shape as it gave me confidence looking down on the ball!

I hope this can help any golfer that is considering a new hybrid! If any one wants to hear comparisons between the other hybrids I hit, let me know and i will try to help!

I'm totally on board with everything you said BV. What sort of stuff did you see when your tempo quickened? I have been struggling with that aspect as well.
I'm stoked to hear more stories when you get out there more. Thanks, BV.

Do any of you guys have a problem with the white club head flashing through the hitting zone during your swing? I noticed that when i hit the R11 driver the white was a little distracting.

Great job so far on the write up. I would like to hear any comments from any one that has hit bot this club vs the mashie. Is this club more of a sweeping type HB?

Thanks again.

Do any of you guys have a problem with the white club head flashing through the hitting zone during your swing? I noticed that when i hit the R11 driver the white was a little distracting.

Great job so far on the write up. I would like to hear any comments from any one that has hit bot this club vs the mashie. Is this club more of a sweeping type HB?

Thanks again.

I have noticed the white flash through early on in the testing but after awhile I just kind of got used to it (now I'll probably notice it more since you brought it up :D )

I've hit both but take this with a grain of salt since my time with the Mashie was limited to the demo day at the last outing (so no on course testing, etc., etc.). I think with both clubs at it's stock setting (60g ReAX with the SF 2.0 and the 59g Miya on the Mashie) I think the Mashie, purely because the shaft just works better at the lighter weight, is much easier to hit. Now saying that, I seem to be having the same issue with both clubs. My theory is more with weight of the shaft rather than the shaft itself. So the swing a smooth tempo theory is still in play. Call me nuts but I feel like the SF 2.0 cuts through the airspace much easier than the Mashie (probably because of the head weight and the aerodynamics of the club itself). So to answer your question on the sweeping type hybrid, I think it lends itself to feel more like that because of that characteristic. With the Mashie I felt the club head drop through the hitting zone where as the SF 2.0 club head would feel like it's gliding through the hitting zone. I might be actually be doing the same thing with both clubs but that is the feeling I get with both. (and I hope all that makes sense)

I will be testing my heavier shaft / smoother tempo theory in the next couple of weeks on the course and I also plan on consulting my fitter over in TMPL to see what she has to say about the club in relation to my swing.

Pretty interested to hear what your gal at TMPL has to say Spank. Good job in this thread too dude!

Spank, when my tempo quickened, the ball flight was still straight and high, but the distance did not increase proportionally with my swing speed. I felt that at about 85% I could hit the ball just as far as with 95%. I'm hoping to get out more this weekend. I love this club!

Spank, when my tempo quickened, the ball flight was still straight and high, but the distance did not increase proportionally with my swing speed. I felt that at about 85% I could hit the ball just as far as with 95%. I'm hoping to get out more this weekend. I love this club!

Good to hear. I did notice that the ball just flies off the face of this club and contact (even if it's not dead center) feels hot. Can't wait to hear more BV.

I played golf with Spank and SirSliceAlot. I was excited to try the superfast hybrid. I have the TM 08 3 Hybrid. I usually hit it on par 5's or long par 4's as my 180 club. I hit a few range balls with it. Due to the water range, it does not give you an accurate picture of how far this club goes. It felt a little heavier compared to my 08 hybrid. The feedback off the face is a selling point.

On the back nine, there are couple long par 3's with trouble on the right. It is into the wind and plays longer than the yardage. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to give the superfast a try. I took off the headcover. The song one of these things isn't like the other started in the background. Dustin Johnson was telling me to crush it. I took my practice swing. Then, I could hear Brian from Big Break in the background, hit it pure. Ok, maybe not.

I take aim with the white of the face surrounding the white of the ball. I play the ball a little in forward from the middle of my stance. I take a nice easy tempo swing. The ball shoots off the face. The ball pierces through the wind like a laser. It rises and lands on the green. It ended up on the back portion on the green. The ball traveled about 185 into the wind. I turn to my playing partners and tell them I'll take it. The angels singing in the background stops and I tip my hat to the gallery. I put my birdie putt within tap in range and walked away with a solid par. Thank you Taylor Made.

I attempted to follow it up on 17 with similar distance and the lovely Florida crosswind. It turns out, I flew the green. Instead of hitting my hybrid 180, it went about 190. I love the trajectory and ball flight of this club. It is crazy hot off the face and long. I may be looking to get this club in a 3 or 4 hybrid. It is nice to see exactly where you hit the ball with the dark club face. The mark comes right off with a brush of the finger.

If you are looking for a hybrid, you may want to give this a try on the launch monitor at your local golf retailer. Thanks to TM and Spank for letting me test it out.

I played golf with Spank and SirSliceAlot. I was excited to try the superfast hybrid. I have the TM 08 3 Hybrid. I usually hit it on par 5's or long par 4's as my 180 club. I hit a few range balls with it. Due to the water range, it does not give you an accurate picture of how far this club goes. It felt a little heavier compared to my 08 hybrid. The feedback off the face is a selling point.

On the back nine, there are couple long par 3's with trouble on the right. It is into the wind and plays longer than the yardage. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to give the superfast a try. I took off the headcover. The song one of these things isn't like the other started in the background. Dustin Johnson was telling me to crush it. I took my practice swing. Then, I could hear Brian from Big Break in the background, hit it pure. Ok, maybe not.

I take aim with the white of the face surrounding the white of the ball. I play the ball a little in forward from the middle of my stance. I take a nice easy tempo swing. The ball shoots off the face. The ball pierces through the wind like a laser. It rises and lands on the green. It ended up on the back portion on the green. The ball traveled about 185 into the wind. I turn to my playing partners and tell them I'll take it. The angels singing in the background stops and I tip my hat to the gallery. I put my birdie putt within tap in range and walked away with a solid par. Thank you Taylor Made.

I attempted to follow it up on 17 with similar distance and the lovely Florida crosswind. It turns out, I flew the green. Instead of hitting my hybrid 180, it went about 190. I love the trajectory and ball flight of this club. It is crazy hot off the face and long. I may be looking to get this club in a 3 or 4 hybrid. It is nice to see exactly where you hit the ball with the dark club face. The mark comes right off with a brush of the finger.

If you are looking for a hybrid, you may want to give this a try on the launch monitor at your local golf retailer. Thanks to TM and Spank for letting me test it out.

I love the reactions you were having after hitting this club. Pretty much half the round was spent talking about this and the Mashie since those were the 2 clubs we were all excited about. It was great to have another set of eyes out there (or two) so you guys can feel what this club is all about. Hope to hear more on our next round out.

Went out with Calebt17 and SirSlice on Saturday and only got to use this club 2x (one off the tee and one off the fairway). I'm trying to implore the smooth swing theory on this club and so far it has given me better results. Not to say that those 2 were perfect strikes, far from it. The fairway shot was topped but still went straight about 150-155 and the tee shot was toe'd and crowned big time but still went 180 and with a little draw so it still landed on the fairway. It's a testament on how forgiving this club is that those shots (common for a high capper like me) does not penalize you other than distance which is to be expected. It's also a testament on how hot the ball comes off the face of this club. It just feels great off the face even on crap shots like those.

You guys are bringing some really solid write ups in here, good stuff.

I got to play 9 today after work, I used this twice off the tee on some long par 3's. I used a nice gental swing, not trying trying to force anything. Boy is that the thing to do. I hit both about 10 yards longer than I normally would with my Sumo Hybrid. The ball coming off the face is one of the sweetest sounds I have heard. Hopefully I can get it back out this weekend. Just let me know if anyone has any questions about this Hybrid.

great reviews!

Sorry guys, I had a busy weekend and didn't really get a chance to check on here. I hit the course twice this weekend and have been to the range everyday this week so far. The club just gets better and better as I hit it more often. My first impressions definitely still ring true. The tempo and smoothness of the swing will result in the best hits with this club. The face is hot enough for the golfer to give up a few mph in swing speed and still crush the ball. Another interesting thing is that I have the best results when aligning the ball pretty close to the heel of the club.

P.S The shallow face of the club makes hitting the ball out of the rough really nice!

Back