SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Unbelievable reviews so far, and this is just the fitting phone call!!! Can't wait until you get the putters to hear about the first trips out to the putting green if these are any clue as to how well those reviews will be done. Keep it coming!!!

Awesome calls, I can't wait for reviews n pix!!

All of the testers in for something really special when they begin using their putters. I cant wait to read follow the reviews.

I almost don't want to keep watching this thread... The process that you are all going through is awesome.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just got FedEx confirmation that my putter shipped today! Should be here mid next week! Woo hoo!

Just got FedEx confirmation that my putter shipped today! Should be here mid next week! Woo hoo!

Congrats tomahawk. Can't wait to hear how yours goes.

Yep, I know mine needs to be tweaked a bit and it has been a little low on the priority list. I need to share some emails back and forth with them to see what I need to do. I know center shafted and mid-mallet hasn't been your style but hopefully he'll hit the nail on the head for ya. You seemed to like my DB-4 last summer (although you didn't try it out very extensively).

I kind of pushed a bit to go with something different through this fitting and Ted agreed. I love the look and short game of a mallet, but keep coming back to the anser style plumber neck putters. It's time to do a mid-mallet with a fitting, lol.

That's good, I was hoping for mine guess it will be monday. Enjoy

I got the chance to speak with Ted from SeeMore this afternoon to get my testing underway and wow. What a great guy to speak with, needless to say I'm even more excited to try my new putter.

We started off with the basics questions such as how long I've been playing the game (10 years on and off but seriously for the past 4), my handicap (10), what kind of ball flight I typically have ( draw/hook), the about of putts I have per round (not sure but 2 per hole is a fair estimate), size of glove I wear ( I don't but if I did it would be a large), what kind of sports background I have (hockey, soccer).

We then moved on to what kind of putter I was using which is a 32'' Yes! Dianna and he asked what my typical miss on a 10 foot putt (pull or right of target as a LH) and this is where Ted's knowledge really showed. He started talking about why my typical miss is happening, now Ted has never seen me putt and since I live in Canada the only thing I've been doing for the past 4-5 months is putt on a practice mat and I know what I struggle with (ball positioning, forward press or no and posture). I'm always toying with these and some days I'm putting great and some days I'm not. He says it's very natural for someone to go through this and carefully explained why I was seeing those misses. I can fix them and it works for a short period of time, problem is it could be a couple rounds, a couple days or even a few holes.

Here is when he began explaining SeeMore's RST technology. Now I need to be honest here and admit that I've seen a few Seemore's and I thought the RST was a bit gimmicky, but now that I've spoken with Ted, I've begun to see this differently. He did a fantastic job of explaining it to me. The RST promote a consistent set up for posture, stance and alignement and should help me avoid having to tinker with my set up which has been causing me problems. By hiding the red dot, I'm getting visual feedback to promote a proper setup and a sound stroke, most importantly it will do so consistently. Ted was honest and said at first it will not come naturally at first and it will take time. He compared it to a baseball player's batting average, except mine would grow slowly and I wouldn't see spikes either up or down as over time the RST will promote consistency and for me that's huge.

We then discussed about what type of putter I liked and I said the Anser style since it's what I've always played. To my surprise, he encouraged that and suggested I use the Si4. The key here is not the shape of the putter but the RST and that I should feel comfortable looking down at the putter. Not only can I have my cake, I can eat it too. I get to play a putter that appeals to me visually and it will help my game. He recommended a 34.5' putter which will make my posture more athletic instead of being crouched over which I only do because it feels comfortable. He said it will take me a bit of time to get used to but that it will free up my stroke and eliminate tension . He even went out of the way to offer me 2 different style grips and decide which one I want once I get to touch them, how nice is that? He'll also be sending me a triangulator, a putting aid which promotes the correct alignment by attaching a large plastic triangle with an alignment aid you put your putter's sightline with and a string goes from the tip of the triangle to the hole.

He also gave me his cell number and that if I ever had any questions when I'm playing or practicing I can call him or send him video or pictures to ensure everything is right for me. They're not only offering me a putter, it's a putting coach as well.

I came away from this call with confidence and I have yet to get my hands on the putter. That's saying something and I'm really excited!

Just got back from Golfsmith. They Had some SeeMore Putters their so I Putted around wit all of them. I was using the form discussed and know I'm even more excited to play with it . I was sinking putts from about 10 feet They didn't have my model but you can become quickly adjusted with each of them using the RST system. Come home to poppa, we got some wrok to do.

I got the chance to speak with Ted from SeeMore this afternoon to get my testing underway and wow. What a great guy to speak with, needless to say I'm even more excited to try my new putter.

We started off with the basics questions such as how long I've been playing the game (10 years on and off but seriously for the past 4), my handicap (10), what kind of ball flight I typically have ( draw/hook), the about of putts I have per round (not sure but 2 per hole is a fair estimate), size of glove I wear ( I don't but if I did it would be a large), what kind of sports background I have (hockey, soccer).

We then moved on to what kind of putter I was using which is a 32'' Yes! Dianna and he asked what my typical miss on a 10 foot putt (pull or right of target as a LH) and this is where Ted's knowledge really showed. He started talking about why my typical miss is happening, now Ted has never seen me putt and since I live in Canada the only thing I've been doing for the past 4-5 months is putt on a practice mat and I know what I struggle with (ball positioning, forward press or no and posture). I'm always toying with these and some days I'm putting great and some days I'm not. He says it's very natural for someone to go through this and carefully explained why I was seeing those misses. I can fix them and it works for a short period of time, problem is it could be a couple rounds, a couple days or even a few holes.

Here is when he began explaining SeeMore's RST technology. Now I need to be honest here and admit that I've seen a few Seemore's and I thought the RST was a bit gimmicky, but now that I've spoken with Ted, I've begun to see this differently. He did a fantastic job of explaining it to me. The RST promote a consistent set up for posture, stance and alignement and should help me avoid having to tinker with my set up which has been causing me problems. By hiding the red dot, I'm getting visual feedback to promote a proper setup and a sound stroke, most importantly it will do so consistently. Ted was honest and said at first it will not come naturally at first and it will take time. He compared it to a baseball player's batting average, except mine would grow slowly and I wouldn't see spikes either up or down as over time the RST will promote consistency and for me that's huge.

We then discussed about what type of putter I liked and I said the Anser style since it's what I've always played. To my surprise, he encouraged that and suggested I use the Si4. The key here is not the shape of the putter but the RST and that I should feel comfortable looking down at the putter. Not only can I have my cake, I can eat it too. I get to play a putter that appeals to me visually and it will help my game. He recommended a 34.5' putter which will make my posture more athletic instead of being crouched over which I only do because it feels comfortable. He said it will take me a bit of time to get used to but that it will free up my stroke and eliminate tension . He even went out of the way to offer me 2 different style grips and decide which one I want once I get to touch them, how nice is that? He'll also be sending me a triangulator, a putting aid which promotes the correct alignment by attaching a large plastic triangle with an alignment aid you put your putter's sightline with and a string goes from the tip of the triangle to the hole.

He also gave me his cell number and that if I ever had any questions when I'm playing or practicing I can call him or send him video or pictures to ensure everything is right for me. They're not only offering me a putter, it's a putting coach as well.

I came away from this call with confidence and I have yet to get my hands on the putter. That's saying something and I'm really excited!

That is cool thats the one I got. Only mine is 34in. Just hit the otheer model at Golfsmith. I'm so hyped cant wait

So I had my phone fitting today. I will preface this by saying that I am a terrible phone person so my fitting did not take an hour. I also really can’t add to what all the other fitters have said. You guys/gals are doing an outstanding job.

I called Ted and he called me back within 30 minutes. He started off by saying how much he appreciated the feedback that THP has been giving with all the testings that THP has done. He said he loved to hear “regular joes” feedback on all these products and how much it helped the companies. I really loved hearing that. He told me a little about the company but more specifically he told me about the RTS technology which he feels really benefits us amateurs. I won’t really recap the rest of that part of the conversation as it was pretty much word for word what everyone else has said. He kept stopping and asking if I had any questions which really made me feel like he was interested in helping me instead of just reading a script to a bothersome customer who won a prize.

So then we got down to business. He asked me to go to the website and check out the putters. He told me I was able to choose from the Si series and the FGP series. I pulled the site up and started looking at the models. I stopped myself and just simply asked him what he thought I should pick. I told him I had picked putters for 30 years now and I still stink. He laughingly told me that I probably wouldn’t want to hear his suggestion but that he suggested the Si1 model and the original FGP. I think maybe he was thinking that I would be looking at the newer Si3 or Si4 models which I had been. But when he said the Si1 something just clicked for me. For some reason I got excited about that model. I told him I was a little nervous because I had never played a CS model but he thought it was the best one for me.

So with the putter chosen we went on to the important things. Accessories!! I picked my headcover and then he gave me some good advice on a grip. I told him I liked a certain model of grip and amazingly he said he would put both colors in the box for me. He told me a little bit about the DVD and Triangulator that they were also giving to us and that was that. He once again asked if I had any questions but I have to say that he explained everything so well that I didn’t have any. I was so comfortable with the fitting that I got off the phone and had no regrets with my putter. Normally I buy something and I instantly think that I should have gotten something else. I was completely comfortable with this selection. Ted told me to expect my putter mid week.

A few other things that I really liked about this phone fitting. I had read some of the other stories and what stuck with me was that you guys were getting some longish putters. I was worried because I was convinced that my putter was too long for me. After getting my measurements I asked Ted how long my putter was going to be. I told him that I felt I needed a shorter putter and he agreed. He told me he was going to tell me something he normally does not say to amateurs and that is that I needed a shorter putter and I needed to stand closer to the ball. When he said that I was really happy. It just confirmed to me that this was not an OTR putter and we were not being all read some script.

The second thing that struck me was the last thing Ted said. He welcomed me to the Seemore family and told me to please give him a call any time. He told me if I was on the practice green and just having a miserable time to call him on his cell phone and we would talk things out. He told me that he wanted me to call. Not that I could call but he wanted me to call him. I got off the phone with a smile on my face. I can’t wait to get this testing started! Thanks again to THP and Seemore. I hope to do this testing justice.

These are some really great stories. Seemore's knowledge and customer service is top notch.

These are some really great stories. Seemore's knowledge and customer service is top notch.

Without a doubt, so far they've gone the extra mile. Even with little things, like giving out an extra grip. It's not much to them, but it means a lot to me.

The putters are made to be used a certain way. They have alignments on them that force you to stand with the same posture and line your head up the same way. It is the entire premise of the company. If you are not using the alignments and the putter properly, it is just another putter. I am sure there are some that don't like it. But if you know for a fact you are lined up the exact same way on every putt, you can concentrate on line and a good smooth stroke. Look, I haven't even used a SeeMore yet, but I am sold on the theory!

Being a teacher myself (though not of golf) I LOVE the methodology and thought process. EVERYONE of course shoots for consistency, this putter forces and reinforces it. That way you know what you do wrong and can correct and or fix it yourself. I love this approach and I'm extremely excited to put it in play. I thought I putted my best last summer with an Odyssey 2 Ball SRT, and then I switched to a Yes! Blade (Tracy II). I've not been putting consistently but I was just starting to get the "feel" of it, but I'm more than happy to try a new style right now is a great time as I haven't been able to play the Blade consistently.

Can't wait to get it next week!

Ted has been a BUSY man! Got a PM apologizing for not being able to get back with me today but we both agreed that we wanted to take our time so that he can provide the beat recommendation for me. So, he will give me a call on Monday morning and my to be built putter will ship by next Friday!! Can't wait!!!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Very nice Mary. Cool process, huh? You have good taste in putters! ;)

Yes, very cool process. What I'm loving about reading everyone else's experiences with fitting is how there are similar questions we answer but based on each of us, the follow ups & direction of the fitting changes.

It is completely apparent that SeeMore is really interested in getting each of us the right putter for our game based on our skill set & putting tendencies.

I'm looking forward to seeing the direction we go when we start working with our putters and if we all end up being able to sink those 10' putts with our eyes closed

I'm also looking at this as training for the putting contest at the Outing next month ;-)

Don't you know that if other putter companies are reading any of this they are thinking they might need to step up their game when it comes to customer service. Maybe this is typical of smaller companies but I have never had the privilege of being able to talk to any company about my game and equipment period. Im sure JB and other have had that type of experience but not me. Just last week I was asking someone on this site about getting fit for a putter and that I thought this was the next step in getting my bag set up. but I did not know anyone local that I would trust to get it done correctly. I have been fit for my driver (at a Calloway Demo Days) and Irons (out of town) and wanted to get fit for my putter. This is amazing.

Now not only do we get fit but get some instruction on how to use the tool they are providing to us and an open invitation to call Ted if we need some help or instruction.

After a full winter of practice putting indoors, complete with 6 different styles of putters, I am still not satisfied with my putting. Unfortunately, that part of my game has kept me from scoring really well. After reading this thread and looking at their website, I sent an email asking for help with selection and fitting as I do not have a retailer within several hours. The RST appears to be exactly what I need to solidify my set up and stroke - was always good at distance control. Thanks for bringing Seemore to my attention.

Ted has been a BUSY man! Got a PM apologizing for not being able to get back with me today but we both agreed that we wanted to take our time so that he can provide the beat recommendation for me. So, he will give me a call on Monday morning and my to be built putter will ship by next Friday!! Can't wait!!!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Ted is a busy man. He'll be in Augusta Monday and Tuesday. Rescheduled my appointment for a live fitting for my SeeMore with him so now I'll drive down on Wednesday for that, can't wait.

Kidding me?? Free pointers and lessons along the way.....I think if someone in the "know" actually saw most of us putt, they would probably want to change about 3 things we were suppose to be doing. :nono:

Watch any of the PGA events and you will see 50 different putting stances and styles. Vijay has had 3-4 different putting styles just in the last year. Some people switch back and forth between belly and regular putters...anyway, these guys are pro's and it all comes down to what your personal preference is. One person can't tell you how to stand or things like that. Putting is all about feel so you should try different styles to find what feels best to you. It shouldn't be what someone else tells you should feel good.

Watch any of the PGA events and you will see 50 different putting stances and styles. Vijay has had 3-4 different putting styles just in the last year. Some people switch back and forth between belly and regular putters...anyway, these guys are pro's and it all comes down to what your personal preference is. One person can't tell you how to stand or things like that. Putting is all about feel so you should try different styles to find what feels best to you. It shouldn't be what someone else tells you should feel good.

Guess we'll find out in the end here. It all comes down to making more putts consistently and SeeMore is different than all the other companies out there, they have a methodology to position your grip, posture, stance and alignment that makes you return to the same position every time over and over. Whats so hard about accepting that something different just might work?

I consider myself a very solid putter, I want to be a great putter. I'm not going to blow it off as not possible just because it's different. We'll see in the end.

I'm not saying its not possible. I'm not sure what all was said in these phone conversations. The conversation that was posted that I originally responded to seemed to me like SeeMore was trying to tell the person there is only one way to putt. I am always open to suggestion from anyone about my swing, putting, etc. But I know there is not ONE way to do something and I get irritated with people who say that is the case. Since this is an open forum I was just stating my opinion. I am very interested in this testing group and to see what type of results they get and if they actually have to make ablot of changes to their stroke or if they can use the stroke they are comfortable with and still get good results from the SeeMore putters.

MaryC sounds more like they are trying to find a putter to fit her stroke, which is what I think a putter fitting should be. In most cases I don't think a person should be given a stroke to fit a putter.

I'm not saying its not possible. I'm not sure what all was said in these phone conversations. The conversation that was posted that I originally responded to seemed to me like SeeMore was trying to tell the person there is only one way to putt. I am always open to suggestion from anyone about my swing, putting, etc. But I know there is not ONE way to do something and I get irritated with people who say that is the case. Since this is an open forum I was just stating my opinion. I am very interested in this testing group and to see what type of results they get and if they actually have to make ablot of changes to their stroke or if they can use the stroke they are comfortable with and still get good results from the SeeMore putters.

In-

I took it as Seemore was trying to get the golfers back to the basics of alignment. I believe there is not on style of putting out there, but all have the same basics of alignment. That is the best thing about a Seemore putter. I think if all of these testers get back to the basics of alignment and then develop their own styles or stances. Their putting will get better, but they will still have the alignment part the same.

No different than the Pelz, Utley, etc styles in that they've developed a theory they believe in.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Back