The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that makes it better. :beat-up:
It's a good driver, very good driver. Best ever, I can't say that because I haven't hit it enough. I'll tell you what though, the Callaway driver will have some big shoes to fill and I hope they can do it. I have had a very short sneak peek at the Razr Hawk line and I'll be honest, I was in fact blown away. I didn't want to put it back, but I was just starting the review process for another driver so I had to. From everything I've seen thus far though I'm definitely going to like what is coming my way from Callaway.

Will do, is it something for THP or just something your doing
I'm actually staring in a reality show, I contacted MTV and they're going to be following me around documenting my awesomeness.

No, not really. Just some fun videos for this thread.

I'm actually staring in a reality show, I contacted MTV and they're going to be following me around documenting my awesomeness.

That is awesome dude. I heard about that show.

Spoiler
Where are they now

care-bears.jpg

haha you got me for a minute, well ill be waiting for the vids

That's cute. I am a bit of a big softie so I can see where the comparison comes from.

What happens when you finish your count down, pull slice rainbows?

What happens when you finish your count down, pull slice rainbows?
It looks like a cross between a Skittles commercial, a Care Bear battle royal, and Teletubbies all in one. Biggest brightest pull slice rainbow ever. It's quite beautiful actually.

It looks like a cross between a Skittles commercial, a Care Bear battle royal, and Teletubbies all in one. Biggest brightest pull slice rainbow ever. It's quite beautiful actually.

Man that sounds exciting, I want to see it. Sounds like I could all the way from Canada.

I see the average Orlando temperature for each day of The Morgan Cup is 92*. That doesn't sound too bad. Average humidity is 93% in the morning, and 60% in the afternoon. That seems weird. August is the third rainiest month of the year.

I'll be training in the WI humidity this Summer, which is no joke, occasionally playing 36 holes in a day while wearing long pants and windshirts, and may play without bug spray just to toughen myself up.

Kevin

haha P4B nice profile pic

I see the average Orlando temperature for each day of The Morgan Cup is 92*. That doesn't sound too bad. Average humidity is 93% in the morning, and 60% in the afternoon. That seems weird. August is the third rainiest month of the year.

I'll be training in the WI humidity this Summer, which is no joke, occasionally playing 36 holes in a day while wearing long pants and windshirts, and may play without bug spray just to toughen myself up.

Kevin

I may have to root for team paradise now.

Kevin

I would suggest one of those sauna suits if you want to take it the next level.

Are the competitors walking or riding in carts? Kevin mentioned that 92 doesn't seem that hot, but August in Florida is hot. Sweat will run down your faces as soon as you walk outside. There is no shade, and Orlando doesn't get a nice breeze like over here near the ocean. The air is so thick with water that it is actually hard to breathe. I think the team with more guys from the South who are used to the heat and humidity may have an advantage. :beat-up:

And the mosquitoes are so big that they can suck out about a pint of blood at a time...

Are the competitors walking or riding in carts? Kevin mentioned that 92 doesn't seem that hot, but August in Florida is hot. Sweat will run down your faces as soon as you walk outside. There is no shade, and Orlando doesn't get a nice breeze like over here near the ocean. The air is so thick with water that it is actually hard to breathe. I think the team with more guys from the South who are used to the heat and humidity may have an advantage. :beat-up:

And the mosquitoes are so big that they can suck out about a pint of blood at a time...

Geez KoKo your making it sound like a horror film lol, sounds scary

You underestimate the Canadian effect, we can survive under any conditions.

You are going to scare them all away. I actually like the heat in August. Its good for you...hehe

They will be riding.

You underestimate the Canadian effect, we can survive under any conditions.

I have known some pretty tough Canadians.

I just wanted to throw in some trash talk fodder since the trash talk has been pretty lame. I'm glad that it worked and I made it sound scary, 10. Ha-ha!

JB, like the heat, too. I am a wimp to the cold.

I may have to root for team paradise now.

Pull for the old guy, darlin'. I'll be the underdog in this shindig and can use your support. Since you live in FL, you should attend the event and be part of my gallery.

We'll be riding in carts. I was joking about the heat. I understand it will be hot and very humid, but believe it or not, we get some pretty heavy humidity here in Cheeseland, and I'm going to take every opportunity to play in it. Days I used to avoid due to the heat, I'll be playing, and when possible more than 18 holes. I just had a serious discussion with my daughter about the upcoming Spring and Summer. This is going to be a big year for both of us. Her as she prepares for her first high school golf season in the Fall, and me as I prepare for The Morgan Cup. We've agreed to push each other. No copping out because we're tired, or it's too hot, or it's a hassle to get to the course. We'll be setting time frames in which we'll chip, and especially putt, as short putts are a weakness in both our games. We'll hit balls of course, but mostly we're going to play, and play, and play, whenever we can, because by playing you learn to go low. Her for the first times in her life, me to get back to where I've been in the past.

I'll hazard a guess that I'll have the best motivation of any of the competitors because not only will I be practicing to make sure I make a good showing for myself, TaylorMade Golf, and THP, but also because I'll be practicing with one of the two most important people in my life to help her maximize talent that could open doors for her for the rest of her life.

When I get to FL in August, I won't be the youngest or prettiest, I won't have the best swing, and I'll likely be the hottest and sweatiest. But I've been playing golf longer than a number of these guys have been alive, maybe longer than all of them have been alive, and that's something those I play against best remember when I put that first peg in the ground.

And Cheeseland mosquitoes are ferocious beyond anything Florida could possibly offer.

Kevin

Since we are talking about the heat, it can be pretty serious. It is important to hydrate. I have been using some hammer nutrition drinks/electrolyte pills instead of gatorade and just plain water this past summer and I think they are more effective. The drinks come in powder form and you mix them in your water bottle. They are not really that sweet since they have different carbohydrates (less sugar) than Gatorade.

Kevin-it is awesome that you and your daughter can work on your games together this summer. Good father/daughter time and good golf practice time.

Played golf. Outside lol. Put the Machspeeds back in play and wouldnt you know, didnt play half bad. So Basically no Razr X Tour or forged for me. Ill be taking all the forgiveness I can haha. It workability me some good shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull for the old guy, darlin'. I'll be the underdog in this shindig and can use your support. Since you live in FL, you should attend the event and be part of my gallery.

We'll be riding in carts. I was joking about the heat. I understand it will be hot and very humid, but believe it or not, we get some pretty heavy humidity here in Cheeseland, and I'm going to take every opportunity to play in it. Days I used to avoid due to the heat, I'll be playing, and when possible more than 18 holes. I just had a serious discussion with my daughter about the upcoming Spring and Summer. This is going to be a big year for both of us. Her as she prepares for her first high school golf season in the Fall, and me as I prepare for The Morgan Cup. We've agreed to push each other. No copping out because we're tired, or it's too hot, or it's a hassle to get to the course. We'll be setting time frames in which we'll chip, and especially putt, as short putts are a weakness in both our games. We'll hit balls of course, but mostly we're going to play, and play, and play, whenever we can, because by playing you learn to go low. Her for the first times in her life, me to get back to where I've been in the past.

I'll hazard a guess that I'll have the best motivation of any of the competitors because not only will I be practicing to make sure I make a good showing for myself, TaylorMade Golf, and THP, but also because I'll be practicing with one of the two most important people in my life to help her maximize talent that could open doors for her for the rest of her life.

When I get to FL in August, I won't be the youngest or prettiest, I won't have the best swing, and I'll likely be the hottest and sweatiest. But I've been playing golf longer than a number of these guys have been alive, maybe longer than all of them have been alive, and that's something those I play against best remember when I put that first peg in the ground.

And Cheeseland mosquitoes are ferocious beyond anything Florida could possibly offer.

Kevin
This deserves another look. Best post I've seen all week. You're the man Esox, I'm glad I have the honor of being on your team!

Well a few courses here were supposed to open yesterday and guess what happened... yep more snow. UGHHH I have been trying to convince the owners of my company to move the office to Florida, them seem interested, and we have one employee in Cincinnati, and have been to convince her to move there. If that happens the office won't be far behind ;)

I hate playing sim golf, but it is all I have at the moment. Make all the jokes ya want, but at least I am "playing"

A few posts in this thread talked about distance loss in Florida. I didn't really experience that, perhaps our summer climates are similar in terms of heavy air? I am lucky if I get 1 foot of roll on a normal day at my home course.

ESox: your post is stuff of legend, I am glad to have you on Team Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back