Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Well I came about a new M1 today sort of by accident. I got to the club and the pro in the shop said. Rick your new club is in. I said what new club. He said the one you ordered on demo day. WHAT :at-wits-end:. I did not order it I told the guy I was going to check it out and see. Well he ordered me one and I decided to keep it. I hit it some today it went long and true. Seems like I hit it about as far as my 3 wood. Im glad he ordered it even though I did not. :D

I just saw the Mashie commercial on Golf Channel. It just rubs me the wrong way. It seems like the Warrior infomercial. I wish they didn't go with that route of advertising. Heck make a commercial, but don't put the 3 easy payments at the end.

I just saw the Mashie commercial on Golf Channel. It just rubs me the wrong way. It seems like the Warrior infomercial. I wish they didn't go with that route of advertising. Heck make a commercial, but don't put the 3 easy payments at the end.

I saw the same thing this morning. I immediately thought it was an infomercial. I didn't like it one bit. It amazed me that Cleveland would produce a great product and then market it as if its a gimmick club. I also liked how if you buy now they will send you a retro headcover for free

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I saw the same thing this morning. I immediately thought it was an infomercial. I didn't like it one bit. It amazed me that Cleveland would produce a great product and then market it as if its a gimmick club. I also liked how if you buy now they will send you a retro headcover for free

Yeah that last part was a bit cheesy too. This doesn't really hurt my thoughts about the performance of the club, but I am know a little reserved about showing it off. Everybody is just going to compare it to the Warrior. I guess I will just have to show them with performance.

Yeah that last part was a bit cheesy too. This doesn't really hurt my thoughts about the performance of the club, but I am know a little reserved about showing it off. Everybody is just going to compare it to the Warrior. I guess I will just have to show them with performance.

It doesn't effect how I look at the club, because it flat out performs. But to me they are taking a great club, with perhaps the best hybrid shaft on the market and turning it in to the overspin putter. I can't remember the last time I saw a club from a major oem marketed like that(w/3 easy payments). It's really a complete 180 from what their other commercials are for the drivers and wedges.

I love this year's Cleveland line, but I do not care for their commercials at all.

It doesn't effect how I look at the club, because it flat out performs. But to me they are taking a great club, with perhaps the best hybrid shaft on the market and turning it in to the overspin putter. I can't remember the last time I saw a club from a major oem marketed like that(w/3 easy payments). It's really a complete 180 from what their other commercials are for the drivers and wedges.

Yeah that is the way I feel too. I would what people would think about the R11 if this type of commercial came out for it? Three easy payments of $99!

I love this year's Cleveland line, but I do not care for their commercials at all.

me either, I saw it for the first time today. I couldnt believe they would do an infomercial like thatt. 3 easy payments of $49.95. Ummmm

In all honesty, I'd rather watch Oprah do a swimsuit infomercial than watch the sweater guy for 45 seconds.

me either, I saw it for the first time today. I couldnt believe they would do an infomercial like thatt. 3 easy payments of $49.95. Ummmm

don't forget the free retro head cover if you order now!

don't forget the free retro head cover if you order now!

I thought it seemed like their sales were good at the beginning. They had a lot of delays in the ordering at first. I guess they dropped and they went to an infomercial route.

Well I got mine yesterday for $129.00 from my club proshop. It was one easy payment, put on my account. :D

Well I got mine yesterday for $129.00 from my club proshop. It was one easy payment, put on my account. :D

hahaha, that was funny.

but did you get the head cover too?

I thought it seemed like their sales were good at the beginning. They had a lot of delays in the ordering at first. I guess they dropped and they went to an infomercial route.

Im not a huge fan of it, but lets not forget that as a company trying to compete with white club heads and commercials every 5 minutes during golf coverage, they needed to find a different way. Companies like Adams got their start doing this very thing.

The commercial, while cheesy, is about product awareness and cost vs advertising dollars. In the end, I will take any product that performs like this one and if only 1 more person becomes aware on how much difference the shaft can make in this compared to other hybrids out there, I am all for it.

You have to remember who these ads are geared towards and what demographics they are after. I got a call from my father yesterday and he said "I saw an ad for this new Cleveland Mashie thing and I want to try it, do you have any?". I explained that I have been telling him about this club for 6 months, but he said "its a Cleveland hybrid and I like my Rescues". Now of course he wants to try it out.

I'm impervious to advertising. I pay no attention to commercials. I'm the anti-demographic.

Kevin

Just picked up a M1. Hope I like it!

Im not a huge fan of it, but lets not forget that as a company trying to compete with white club heads and commercials every 5 minutes during golf coverage, they needed to find a different way. Companies like Adams got their start doing this very thing.

The commercial, while cheesy, is about product awareness and cost vs advertising dollars. In the end, I will take any product that performs like this one and if only 1 more person becomes aware on how much difference the shaft can make in this compared to other hybrids out there, I am all for it.

You have to remember who these ads are geared towards and what demographics they are after. I got a call from my father yesterday and he said "I saw an ad for this new Cleveland Mashie thing and I want to try it, do you have any?". I explained that I have been telling him about this club for 6 months, but he said "its a Cleveland hybrid and I like my Rescues". Now of course he wants to try it out.

I was just at the driving range today, and the local pro was there... he was checking out my bag (lots of goodies like the MCs and R11 driver), but when he saw the Mashie he kind of lit right up. He asked, is this the new Cleveland hybrid I just saw on TV? I let him hit it a few times and he really liked it. So as much as I dislike the cheesy adds, they are getting the word out there, even for more professional type players.

I honestly don't get the criticism of the unfinished look of this club. Both of the golf mags seemed to not care for it, but I think it looks great. I'm so sick of seeing clubs with white paint, tons of chessy looking decals, symbols, and writing all over it. The look of clubs has gotten really busy and way too tarted up for me. I love a simple, clean looking golf club that maybe does look a bit old fashioned. I guess I'm just getting old and cranky (I'm just turned 35), but I don't need a club that looks like the designers said to themselvs, "Let's see how much crap we can put all over this thing." I swear that some of these new irons look like transformers. I wonder if all it does is hit the ball, or if it does something else I'm not aware of. More than meets the eye.

I'm so sick of seeing clubs with white paint, tons of chessy looking decals, symbols, and writing all over it. The look of clubs has gotten really busy and way too tarted up for me. I love a simple, clean looking golf club that maybe does look a bit old fashioned.

I feel the same way about women.

Kevin

Just picked up a like new M5 today for a decent price. I just cant get consistent with the 5i so I figured Ill give the Mashie a shot. Hopefully on the course next week!

I honestly don't get the criticism of the unfinished look of this club. Both of the golf mags seemed to not care for it, but I think it looks great.

Wait for a different company to put one out like this. Then those pesky old golf magazines will come around.

I played golf with two ladies yesterday and we ALL got our Mashie on. One of my friends bought a ladies version of the M3 at our demo day and she would fight you big time if you tried to take it from her. She went on and on about how much she loves that club. She used it over and over and always had a great shot with it.

My other friend said she has been wanting a hybrid but has always used irons. I loaned her my men's senior flex M3 (I prefer 7 wood) that was in the trunk and told her to try it out during the round. She fell in love with it! I told her I wasn't ready to part ways with it just yet but she can borrow it when she comes to play.

I hit my Mashie 4 and 5 yesterday and hit them so well. The way I am hitting my woods and hybrids right now, I think I would rather have long shots any day instead of close up iron shots. I need to change my strategy off the tee.

The way I am hitting my woods and hybrids right now, I think I would rather have long shots any day instead of close up iron shots. I need to change my strategy off the tee.

Or go with teh old saying wwogd

Spoiler
What would Ole Gray Do?
Spoiler
Buy new irons of course

Back