The Masters [Spoilers]

Im just wanting tiger to finish in the top 5 so poulter can eat his words lol, i know he answered the question honestly and i respect that, just think it would be funny though

Funny thing is that Poulter would be the first to laugh at it.

So far I have found this years Masters to be just as entertaining as last year. So many great names at the top and also major struggles from top players like Kaymer and McDowell. Which, thank goodness Ernie Els made the cut because my guys were dropping like flies out there. It's nice to see Tiger making some clutch shots and it will be great to see Phil make a run at it tomorrow. I love the emotion of guys like Jason Day, I thoroughly enjoy watching him play. I am so pumped for the weekend!

Masters.com has a Lee Westwood interview but it is labeled as Ian Poulter. What an insult.

GG GMac did not make the cut

11 birdies and 1 bogey over 2 days is solid golf.

Watching Tiger on his back 9 was vintage Tiger. That's what's been missing, the feel/vision/athleticism in his swing. It was nice to see.

I'm pretty bummed about Phil's round to be honest. It's amazing how hot or cold that guy is. He workabilitied the hell out of a 3wood though.

It's all about karma. Tiger got a boost from P4B watching in the buff, you just need to do that tomorrow for Phil :beauty:

i liked the fowler-day-rory pairing. it felt like a college golf pairing on steroids.

i liked the fowler-day-rory pairing. it felt like a college golf pairing on steroids.

It would have been interesting to see Rory get paired with someone other then Day tomorrow. I think he is more comfortable playing with the younger guys. Put Choi in there and see if Rory plays as well.

What's everyone think Tiger will do tomorrow? I joke about him a lot, and most know my feelings about him, but I'm serious in this case. He has not put together two rounds in a long time, and recent history would indicate he will not play nearly as well tomorrow.

But as much as I hate to say it, he got cooking today, even with a couple horrendous tee shots. If you were betting, would you bet he's right there tomorrow and Sunday?

Kevin

What's everyone think Tiger will do tomorrow? I joke about him a lot, and most know my feelings about him, but I'm serious in this case. He has not put together two rounds in a long time, and recent history would indicate he will not play nearly as well tomorrow.

But as much as I hate to say it, he got cooking today, even with a couple horrendous tee shots. If you were betting, would you bet he's right there tomorrow and Sunday?

Kevin

Actually I think you can kind of throw out recent history just because it is Augusta. I'm not saying he can't have a bad round but I expect him to at least shoot no worse then par. I'm looking for a 69 out of him tomorrow

I think he will do one of two things tomorrow- get within a stroke of the lead, or put up a decent round, but fall out of contention. That back 9 was unlike anything I have seen from him in a long time. He looked genuinely happy at the end, and I liked that.

I think he will shoot 68 or 69. I don't see him doing more than that and I think Rory and Day will be in 70-72.

Actually I think you can kind of throw out recent history just because it is Augusta. I'm not saying he can't have a bad round but I expect him to at least shoot no worse then par. I'm looking for a 69 out of him tomorrow

Par would be a failure I think. 70 or over is not too great if he's going to get it done.

I think he will do one of two things tomorrow- get within a stroke of the lead, or put up a decent round, but fall out of contention.

You've confused me. A "decent round", and fall out of contention? That would not qualify as a "decent round", would it?

Kevin

I mean, like 1 under. Something that would not let him make up enough distance to win, but could not be considered bad. Like his first round.
Par would be a failure I think. 70 or over is not too great if he's going to get it done.

You've confused me. A "decent round", and fall out of contention? That would not qualify as a "decent round", would it?

Kevin

Well that is a given. Maybe CL will buy yours too, since he is already buying one for me...hehe

Mickelson, Donald and Casey all move to -3.

Course his #1 fan said "hes done" and went to smack balls around. I think they might have been pale canadian ones too.

WOW! I figured since I'm not FLTC anymore, I might go get my golf on.

Here ya go Jake, we wont leave you out.

Jakes Demo Day Script
Spoiler
med_32801.jpg

Jakes dream last night
Spoiler
winnie_the_pooh_and_tiger-279_thumb.jpg

lmao @ Tiger pouncing on Carebear Jake!!!

I'm going out on a limb here and saying he is going to have another great round, predicting a 67, with how happy he looked after todays round i bet his confidence is sky high, we all know what a confident tiger will do.

Recent history would say that he will not do well tomorrow, but I always have this way of thinking he'll pull it off and go low again. He looked good out there today. I really have no clue, but I'll say he does well tomorrow. Not as good as today, but good.

Yeah I wouldn't want to fight KJ either, or Yang for that matter....they still might be the same person, I'm going to do some more checking. But yeah they'd both beat me down.

I also try not to fight guys with beards so G-Lover and Quiros probably wouldn't be my first pick either. I'm fairly certain that I'd lay a whoopin' on Ian Woosnam if things got heated, I'm pretty sure of that.

I scare you don't I?

Tiger looks like old Tiger hope he keeps it up.Rory still looks strong and many log-jammed at -5 and -4 shaping up to be a great weekend.

Phil's doomed for sure...as if being 8 shots back wasn't going to cause him to press, now he will be trying to out-drive Woodland all day.

Good point ad, and now you've made me even more nervous.

I actually think Woodland will be a good pairing for Phil tommorrow. If Woodland is driving it past him it might light a fire under Phil and help him buckle down.

Kevin

Early in his round I was not if TW was going to play well but after seven it was like something clicked in his swing the way it did with Butch at the Byron Nelson back in 1999. He knows how to win and needs another -4 or better tomorrow and he will win. If Rory has another solid day everyone will have Play really well. I'm just hoping for the TW Rory Sunday pairing. Rory will get his wish, head to head with Tiger on the biggest stage!
Looking like a great Masters weekend!

Back