The Masters [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If Phil wins it again, does he have to put the Green Jacket on by himself?

They'll probably have TW do it.......

Seriously though, is there an established tradition to who puts the jacket one the winner?

Seriously though, is there an established tradition to who puts the jacket one the winner?

Its traditionaly the winner from last year puts the Green Jacket on this years winner.

I believe the chairman places the jacket on repeat winners

I believe the chairman places the jacket on repeat winners

Yep, that's exactly how it happens.

I really like DJ or Bubba to bust through and win this year.

I was thinking this could be one of the most wide-open Masters in recent memory, but with Phil's performance over the weekend and his past success at Augusta, he is the favorite for sure. A guy I like this week though is K.J Choi, he's been around the lead going to Sunday the last few years, always plays well here.

I'd like to see Bubba or Hunter Mahan win this week, I know Phil is going to factor in and couldn't predict what Tiger would do if someone told me his first round score ahead of time....no freakin clue. I know there are a lot of players playing solid golf right now so it should be exciting to watch! Any chance it matches last year's event?

I'd like to see Bubba or Hunter Mahan win this week, I know Phil is going to factor in and couldn't predict what Tiger would do if someone told me his first round score ahead of time....no freakin clue. I know there are a lot of players playing solid golf right now so it should be exciting to watch! Any chance it matches last year's event?

+1 on bubba- I really like him;
I'd say Dustin Johnson is ready too;

How about Anthony Kim? 65 last year and he's shooting well.

Think phil blew his &$@ too early? I doubt it- he's playing well.

Sadly I didn't picture myself saying this but tiger may need another year.

I'm pulling for bubba!

my faves:
Lefty, Watson, AK, and Mahan.

Nick Watney will win his first green jacket.

I think he has a good chance. I don't see Bubba doing all that well, as sometimes he can over-workability the golf ball. I think it's going to be someone who's isn't on anyones radar to be honest.

Mark Wilson. He's going to pull a Zach Johnson on the big boys. He said he's playing a practice round tomorrow with Zach to learn his secrets.

Kevin

I like this idea a lot. But, its very hard for me to pick against Phil, Kaymer, AK, and TW. I think another sleeper could be Zach Johnson again. I still like Bubba and DJ. Like someone else said, this is wide open, unless you're a Phil phan!

I was thinking this could be one of the most wide-open Masters in recent memory, but with Phil's performance over the weekend and his past success at Augusta, he is the favorite for sure. A guy I like this week though is K.J Choi, he's been around the lead going to Sunday the last few years, always plays well here.

I was thinking the same thing. I am kind of disappointed that Phil won and gave us a clear favorite now.

Im pumped for the Masters!!!

Anyone have the times for when they will be airing the playing days? Trying to figure out all that so I dont miss any of it.

I think he has a good chance. I don't see Bubba doing all that well, as sometimes he can over-workability the golf ball. I think it's going to be someone who's isn't on anyones radar to be honest.

I totally agree with you about Bubba. I think he is a great person but sometimes I wish he would just hit a straight ball and not shape every shot so much.

Favorite- Lefty

in the running- harrington, ak, and woods... yeah i said

my darkhorse- Fowler of course!!!

Lets go, Ryo!

I have a roster picked in case I don't remember to check on it later. Looks like a good team, I might just leave it.

I am ready to watch some golf this week! Hopefully DJ has his head out of his @$$ so he can play some great golf and contend. I would love to see it come down to DJ and Tiger.

I am ready to watch some golf this week! Hopefully DJ has his head out of his @$$ so he can play some great golf and contend. I would love to see it come down to DJ and Tiger.

My preliminary roster doesn't have DJ in it. That was one I wasn't sure about.

Back