The Masters [Spoilers]

Good point ad, and now you've made me even more nervous.

Phil said he swings harder this week than any other week on tour.

So.. is it just me, or does anyone else think Tiger got a new girlfriend or something..

He's looking closer to the Tiger of before!

So.. is it just me, or does anyone else think Tiger got a new girlfriend or something..

He's looking closer to the Tiger of before!

I think that was addressed in another thread, with the answer being yes.

Perfect drawing for Tiger tomorrow. Let's hope he gets it done.

Great followup round by Luke Donald too.

What's everyone think Tiger will do tomorrow? I joke about him a lot, and most know my feelings about him, but I'm serious in this case. He has not put together two rounds in a long time, and recent history would indicate he will not play nearly as well tomorrow.

But as much as I hate to say it, he got cooking today, even with a couple horrendous tee shots. If you were betting, would you bet he's right there tomorrow and Sunday?

Kevin
He played very well on the back 9, today, but then again we've seen him do this for a round before this year so that really was almost to be expected. I say he shoots 72 tomorrow, winds up 5 or so back going into the final round.

I scare you don't I?
No, you don't scare me in the least. But I've had a policy since High School that I don't piss with dudes who could grow beards because back then I couldn't grow a whisker for nothing (still really can't) so guys with beards were usually the mean tough guys. So just to be safe, I still don't piss with a guy with a beard.

He played very well on the back 9, today, but then again we've seen him do this for a round before this year so that really was almost to be expected. I say he shoots 72 tomorrow, winds up 5 or so back going into the final round.

No, you don't scare me in the least. But I've had a policy since High School that I don't piss with dudes who could grow beards because back then I couldn't grow a whisker for nothing (still really can't) so guys with beards were usually the mean tough guys. So just to be safe, I still don't piss with a guy with a beard.

I'm a lover, not a fighter Jake.

I think Tiger pours it on tomorrow. I saw some good stuff out of him today (the fist pump). He's going to be just fine.

I think Tiger pours it on tomorrow. I saw some good stuff out of him today (the fist pump). He's going to be just fine.
I guess I'm still holding out until I see it more than just for 1 round (or in this case 11 holes). I'd love to see it happen, really would.

I know you're a lover, not my lover but a lover. That's why we get along so well bud. :friends:

I thought that was a great round for Tiger today. I'm hoping he can put together another 2 solid rounds on the weekend because when he plays well it's good for golf. If he can go like 3-4 under tomorrow I'd be highly surprised if he isn't strongly in the running for Sunday.

I guess I'm still holding out until I see it more than just for 1 round (or in this case 11 holes). I'd love to see it happen, really would.

I know you're a lover, not my lover but a lover. That's why we get along so well bud. :friends:

Get a room you two.

72, Jake? Really? You're drinking the anti-Coolaid. I'm surprised. 72 tomorrow is a big fail imo.

Kevin

mariusvt I completely agree. I am starting to miss Tiger kicking everyone's butt. Plus the fact that the media just does not leave him alone I am starting to feel bad for him. I am really rooting for him this weekend I'd love to see him fighting for the win on Sunday! He is so much fun to watch when he is in his best form so I hope it comes back to him a little bit this weekend.

I think that was addressed in another thread, with the answer being yes.

My bad.. I'm guilty of skimming the past couple of days, been so busy.

Day, Fowler, McIlroy...quite a show.

I'm with you Sean.. I think this could be an awesome show this weekend with these three.. I'm crossing my fingers for Mr. Fowler!

Day, Fowler, McIlroy...quite a show.

+1000...I tried to follow this grouping on masters.com all day. This is just another reason how great competition between pairings and groupings breeds great play.

Get a room you two.

72, Jake? Really? You're drinking the anti-Coolaid. I'm surprised. 72 tomorrow is a big fail imo.

Kevin
Well the second I say he'll shoot anything lower I'll be bombarded with stupid pictures of Tigger and Winnie the Pooh and Lord knows what else. But really I think the scoring won't be as low as today in general and a 72 won't be a horrible score. We'll see, I'd like to see lower, but I just don't know. I'd really like to see Phil go out and shoot a 65 or 66 to get himself back up there close going into Sunday.

I hope you're right. It would be great for golf to have tiger back instead of tigger. He sure played well today. Watching the replay right now I bet he enjoyed watching Gmac struggle. Probably a little chuckle inside.

+1000...I tried to follow this grouping on masters.com all day. This is just another reason how great competition between pairings and groupings breeds great play.

I actually think it had more to do with them all being in the same age group therefore creating a higher level of comfort. Fowler and Day were yacking it up like a couple of old college roommates. Then once they started playing good golf they all just kind of fed off of eachother from there.

I actually think it had more to do with them all being in the same age group therefore creating a higher level of comfort. Fowler and Day were yacking it up like a couple of old college roommates. Then once they started playing good golf they all just kind of fed off of eachother from there.

Comfort obviously plays a role, but you can be comfortable an play well and be comfortable and play poorly. Seeing how its Fowler and Days first time out there I bet Rory's nonchalant demeanor helped. But once Rory got going it probably motivated them...."Hey, if he can do it, why can't we?" idea.

They will pull a little water out of the course, should play a lot faster and harder tomorrow and Sunday. I think a 68 will be a very good score tomorrow.

Pairings Day and rory, Freddy and rickie are must see tv. Oh, and tiger too... :)

Tiger is a beast. That shot on 18 that he cut severely into the green and made birdie with was a true Tiger Woods shot. Welcome back, old friend.

It would have been interesting to see Rory get paired with someone other then Day tomorrow. I think he is more comfortable playing with the younger guys. Put Choi in there and see if Rory plays as well.

I agree. not just because of the facts that they're near the same age, but just that they've played together the first two days so they'll come in tomorrow with the exact same rhythm's, familiarities and routine's as the previous two days. Total advantage in familiarity and comfort of having played well with the guy for two days, you have his yardages compared to your yardages and shots for every hole down, no having the first couple semi-ackward holes with the new guy. It's a total advantage, imo, if you earn the opportunity to play with the same guy you've been playing with the previous 2 days.

Either way, chances are they won't be playing together sunday, and that's when the real test is.

What's everyone think Tiger will do tomorrow? I joke about him a lot, and most know my feelings about him, but I'm serious in this case. He has not put together two rounds in a long time, and recent history would indicate he will not play nearly as well tomorrow. But as much as I hate to say it, he got cooking today, even with a couple horrendous tee shots. If you were betting, would you bet he's right there tomorrow and Sunday?

Kevin
I think anybody that thinks they have a clue what we're going to see out of tiger tomorrow is kidding themselves. I agree with hawk that very recent history suggests that tiger will follow a great round with a 12 lb stink bomb, but this augusta where he played better last year than he did anywhere else. I could see Tiger coming out and firing a 67, i could see tiger shooting 78. Everything and their mother is in play tomorrow.

I think it adds great intrigue; i hope he does well, not going to lie, i selfishly want to see history, i want to see him get to 19, so i want to see him take a step towards that this weekend (even if it will cost me a bet i made with a friend earlier this week); But this ain't 2004, hell it ain't 2008; As said, recent history indicates he could come out hacking and barely break 80. Unfortunately for Tiger that's a lot more fascinating than when it was a guarantee that if he was a couple shots back that it was a matter of time until he got on top (that's what she said).

Same thing with the number one ranking. sure it really doesn't mean much, but i feel it should be a bigger subplot than it is; but i think it's not because for the better part of over a decade we've been conditioned to number one being completely out of reach and a non factor.

I think anybody that thinks they have a clue what we're going to see out of tiger tomorrow is kidding themselves. I agree with hawk that very recent history suggests that tiger will follow a great round with a 12 lb stink bomb, but this augusta where he played better last year than he did anywhere else. I could see Tiger coming out and firing a 67, i could see tiger shooting 78. Everything and their mother is in play tomorrow.

I think it adds great intrigue; i hope he does well, not going to lie, i selfishly want to see history, i want to see him get to 19, so i want to see him take a step towards that this weekend (even if it will cost me a bet i made with a friend earlier this week); But this ain't 2004, hell it ain't 2008; As said, recent history indicates he could come out hacking and barely break 80. Unfortunately for Tiger that's a lot more fascinating than when it was a guarantee that if he was a couple shots back that it was a matter of time until he got on top (that's what she said).

Same thing with the number one ranking. sure it really doesn't mean much, but i feel it should be a bigger subplot than it is; but i think it's not because for the better part of over a decade we've been conditioned to number one being completely out of reach and a non factor.

+1000 here. I am hopeful as a fan of his, as a fan of golf and also I like witnessing history. My dad has Jack for his live memories, I'd like to have Tiger break records so I can witness history myself.

Not looking good YET AGAIN for me in fantasy either... 4 guys miss the cut on my roster: Kim, Glover, Kaymer and Zach Johnson, leaving me in 80th place. YES!

One of the more interesting leaderboards in a recent Major I think. If Rory can keep his head out of the game, I can see him slapping the field.

When I see Day, I always think he is the brother of this guy...

4626.jpg

Back