The Masters [Spoilers]

I might go to the range for a bit. I'm with chunky, I think Rors has it in the bag. However, I thought Watney would win, Uihlein would make the cut, and Phil would finish higher than Tiger. Clearly I'm stupid.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

haha dont worry dude, I thought most of the same. My Masters picks were terrible.

Should be good coverage today. I think we will know a lot by about the 7th hole.

I think you're right about that. In particular, I don't expect to see many good scores on holes 3-5, the pins are pretty hard on 3 and 4 and then 5 is probably the hardest hole on the front nine. On the other hand, there could be eagles on 2, and they can use the backstops on 6 and 7 to get the ball close to the hole.

Also, this comes from Steve Elling of cbsssports.com on Twitter: "Westwood just evaluated the pin sheet for me. Flags in all the honey spots on back nine, except on 17th, where there is a new pin."

IMO, all Rory has to do is shoot about -3 or so to win. I hope he does, he's one of my favs.

IMO, all Rory has to do is shoot about -3 or so to win. I hope he does, he's one of my favs.

72 for Rory will most likely get the job done

I don't think so here, I think if he shoots 72, its really close, maybe a playoff, someone is going to go low. If he shoots 70 I think he wins, anything higher and I think someone chases him down.

I don't think so here, I think if he shoots 72, its really close, maybe a playoff, someone is going to go low. If he shoots 70 I think he wins, anything higher and I think someone chases him down.

You could be right but I just don't see it. No one on that leaderboard scares me outside of Cabrera and Choi. I would have expected cracks to show yesterday as the media started focusing on McIlroy a lot more and yet he went out and was steady. Cabrera could put some pressure on him if he gets off to a quick start. McIlroy just looks awesome right now.

i think 72 would probably be good enough. the closest guys to him would have to go 5 under to beat him, that's a whale of task

You could be right but I just don't see it. No one on that leaderboard scares me outside of Cabrera and Choi. I would have expected cracks to show yesterday as the media started focusing on McIlroy a lot more and yet he went out and was steady. Cabrera could put some pressure on him if he gets off to a quick start. McIlroy just looks awesome right now.

He does look great right now, but theres just too many guys in the pack that are close to him that can go low with todays pin placements on the back 9. If just one guy can put up a 64-65 Rory is going to have to shoot under par.

I don't know if i agree with that. yesterday's story was tiger, tiger, tiger, and a little more tiger with a side helping of tiger. Rory was still chillin' with his buddy jason just playing golf...Today it's a whole new ball game. Today Rory is the story, sleeping on 4 shot lead, jason is gone and has been replaced by a chain smoking bear of an old man.

Yeah, nothing to a 69 on Sunday at Augusta to win a first major.

I dont think it does.

i think 72 would probably be good enough. the closest guys to him would have to go 5 under to beat him, that's a whale of task

Actually they only need 4 to go to a playoff and I could see someone doing that if he shoots even par.

He does look great right now, but theres just too many guys in the pack that are close to him that can go low with todays pin placements on the back 9. If just one guy can put up a 64-65 Rory is going to have to shoot under par.

I don't know if i agree with that. yesterday's story was tiger, tiger, tiger, and a little more tiger with a side helping of tiger. Rory was still chillin' with his buddy jason just playing golf...Today it's a whole new ball game. Today Rory is the story, sleeping on 4 shot lead, jason is gone and has been replaced by a chain smoking bear of an old man.

64-65 on a Sunday is epic. Not sure anyone in this field can do that. And I didn't mean that he was the main focus of the media. I meant that he was just getting more attention then he normally does. There was a lot of pressure on Rory yesterday and he handled it well. And I agree that playing with Cabrera is going to be a whole new ballgame for him. 4 shots is a BIG lead. Well I'm off to finish making the grub and get my drink on. Have fun watching today everybody. I will be rooting for some action. 62 by Tiger?

So is Luke Donald caddying for Bubba Watson or the other way around?

I'd like to see Tiger putt well today. I think that's going to a sneaky subplot. When Eldrick used to be Tiger, if he had a poor putting round he'd out on the practice green until long after dark and would come out the next day and be lights out with the putter. If he can bounce back and putt well today, i think that will show a bigger step in the right direction for him than firing the 66 on friday did.

See I have a feeling it's going to be boring. I don't see anyone catching RMac although at least he's not paired with Day again.
I kinda feel that way to but I just can shake the feeling that I knew GN was a lock for his green jacket going into Sunday with 6 shots.

Not gonna lie...I''d like to see a Tiger run to make it interesting to see how Rory or even Angel react to a challenge from the pack.

That being said, I think it's going to take someone going extremely low to catch Rory. Short of Rory self-destructing, he is really playing some consistent golf and going for it when the shot or hole allows

Rory should aim for the middle of the greens on all the 3's and 4's and score on 2, 8, 13, and 15. He does that, he can't lose.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Im so confused by some of this. For the last year, all we heard is I am a fan of great golf. I love domination. That is what made Tiger great. Its not that Im a fan of his as much as it is Im a fan of great golf and domination.

Right now we are seeing a young kid (TW's age when he won in 1997 I believe), run the freaking table at Augusta with great golf, and all we are hearing is "Its going to be boring". I just dont get it. I guess some didnt want to say "I LOVE TW" and instead used the "I LOVE GREAT GOLF & DOMINATION" to say the same thing. Because we all know if TW was up by 4 strokes heading into Sunday, these same people would be jacked.

Im so confused by some of this. For the last year, all we heard is I am a fan of great golf. I love domination. That is what made Tiger great. Its not that Im a fan of his as much as it is Im a fan of great golf and domination.

Right now we are seeing a young kid (TW's age when he won in 1997 I believe), run the freaking table at Augusta with great golf, and all we are hearing is "Its going to be boring". I just dont get it. I guess some didnt want to say "I LOVE TW" and instead used the "I LOVE GREAT GOLF & DOMINATION" to say the same thing. Because we all know if TW was up by 4 strokes heading into Sunday, these same people would be jacked.

I am simply a Tiger fan. I also love great golf, but I am a true Tiger fan, at least on the course.

Totally agree, I don't think today will be boring at all, if Rory runs the table all four rounds at the age of 21 that would be a great story, I'm just hoping that one of the guys back in the pack, make a run at this thing, which I think will happen.

I can understand that. I think the difference is the current body of work. I don't think anybody was saying "i love great dominating golf" about tiger when he was in the position rory was currently in when tiger was rory's age. A lot of the "i love greatness" in lieu of "i love tiger" is because people want to see history. After Tiger proved himself to be more dominate than nearly anyone ever (cases could be made for jones, nicklaus), we have seen that he's capable of performances like the 97 master or the 00 us open, and want to experience those again.
I think if Rory polishes off this masters, and races out to a lead at another major this year; maybe for some he'll have to win another major then when he races out after his third, you'll see the "i love dominate golf" for Rory the same way they did for Tiger.

I am a self professed Tiger fan and I love great golf but not the domination. Even when it is Tiger I never felt that excitment in watching him blow away the field. Yeah I was pleased about him winning but what I really loved about his haydays is when he would go into Sundays round 3 or more strokes back and win, nothing beats a strong final round charge. Unfortunatley he is far from Sunday comeback form.

I am a self professed Tiger fan and I love great golf but not the domination. Even when it is Tiger I never felt that excitment in watching him blow away the field. Yeah I was pleased about him winning but what I really loved about his haydays is when he would go into Sundays round 3 or more strokes back and win, nothing beats a strong final round charge. Unfortunatley he is far from Sunday comeback form.

But TW was known for years as the guy that NEVER came back on the final day in a major to win.

Back