What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41-39. A little stiff to start after yesterday's first round of the year. Left a couple on the greens.

Kevin

Played from the gold tees with some long hitting ladies today. I shot a 93 with another HORRIBLE day of putting. I had 42 putts today. I don't know what's going on with that. Maybe I need to call Seemore and let them help me figure it out. I love my Seemore but I'm just struggling with it this week.

Probably just a bad day. Once I start putting bad it gets worse as round goes on.

41-39. A little stiff to start after yesterday's first round of the year. Left a couple on the greens.

Kevin

Nice start to your season all-in-all though Kev. Way to go.

Nice start to your season all-in-all though Kev. Way to go.

I'm happy as hell. The course is really wet and in poor shape.

Kevin

I'm happy as hell. The course is really wet and in poor shape.

Kevin

Nice round Kevin, I'm sure it'll get better as the season goes on and the course conditions improve.

Well played a quick 9 this morning, shot a 41. 5 bogeys and 4 pars!

BTW, last year I was playing the yellow Z-Stars. Yesterday for some reason I pulled out a couple ProVs. Played the Z-Star today. I swear to God, they're on club longer for me.

And spin just as good.

Kevin

well, this was the guys weekend trip to Louisville

Started out well, had a 23 at FOx Run Golf Course on the first 5 holes yesterday, then the rain and lightening started, and we were never able to finish

Today played Chariot Run (links course, 6634 from blue, 133 slope)

Played awful had a 54 on the front, with 2 penalty strokes on the first 2 holes and a total of 14 strokes.

Had a 45 on the back with 1 penalty stroke and started the back 9 with 7-7

All in all I had five 7's, thats just awful. Wind was 20-25 all day long. I did manage a lone birdie late, when all 8 of us played the last 2 holes together from the tips.

Some takeaways
--Didnt have any toppers off of the tee, Could not get any distance with the wind, was averaging 230 yds at best.
--The Niblick is a godsend, nearly holed out from 50 yards away, unfortunately my tap in was for bogey. Really wished I had gotten the 49*, as the 42 is really hot on the greens and I blew some by a few holes, but still better than me chipping.
--Lower body movement on a few irons today cost me a few strokes, gotta keep the legs more still.
--Putting was pretty good, had a few 3 putts, but rolled the ball well for only the 2nd round with the new putter.
--Ball striking in general wasnt very impressive, I hit teh ball much better in the 5 limited holes we had yesterday.
--This is now 3 rounds in a row where Ive shot 50+ on the front 9, the mid to low 40's on the back, I really gotta start off better.

Oh well, there is always next time

Shot a 79, 38-41 w/ 2 birds. I only hit 4 GIRs, but chipped and putted pretty good.

Well I played in an outing today. I was hitting the ball pretty good considering all the wind! Plus I sunk 4 putts over 12ft for birdies for us. We didn't win, tied for second. I talked my buddy in to playing afterwards since I was hitting the ball good. I shot a 37 on the front! With 1 birdie on hole 1. And a bogey on 5 and 9. We only played thru hole 13 then I was 3 over on those 4 holes. I am pretty happy with the way I was shooting today. I don't think I have ever shot a 37!!! And plus all of the wind, ok I am extremely happy!!! :banana: I almost think it has something to do with that Taylormade Speed Sleeve that I started using yesterday... but not sure.

Well I played in an outing today. I was hitting the ball pretty good considering all the wind! Plus I sunk 4 putts over 12ft for birdies for us. We didn't win, tied for second. I talked my buddy in to playing afterwards since I was hitting the ball good. I shot a 37 on the front! With 1 birdie on hole 1. And a bogey on 5 and 9. We only played thru hole 13 then I was 3 over on those 4 holes. I am pretty happy with the way I was shooting today. I don't think I have ever shot a 37!!! And plus all of the wind, ok I am extremely happy!!! :banana: I almost think it has something to do with that Taylormade Speed Sleeve that I started using yesterday... but not sure.

thats awesome, keep it up!

I shot a -1 (35) today on the front at my homecourse. I only hit one GIR today, got up and down on 7 holes, made par on the one green I hit, and chipped in for birdie on 9.

I played 9 yesterday shot a 50. No birds or pars just bogeys and double bogeys. I hope I can turn it around soon I need to get back in the low 40s.

84 yesterday with way too many putts, 16 front/16 back. Normally 32 would be a solid day of putting, but I had the line and left a ton of putts just short or lipping out. 41 for the front and 43 on the back, I came away thinking I could have easily shot under 80 had a few of those gone. On the bright side I did make one 50 footer. Driver was long and straight almost all day, sliced two all day and both were easily workable from there.

84 yesterday with way too many putts, 16 front/16 back. Normally 32 would be a solid day of putting, but I had the line and left a ton of putts just short or lipping out. 41 for the front and 43 on the back, I came away thinking I could have easily shot under 80 had a few of those gone. On the bright side I did make one 50 footer. Driver was long and straight almost all day, sliced two all day and both were easily workable from there.

Dang Duey, I would die for 32 putts right now. I shot a 93 with 42 putts yesterday and an 84 with 39 putts the other day. LOL

Shot an 80 on Saturday with a double on the par 5 10th. (Landed an aproach too close to the water and it trickled in) and an 85 on Sunday approach shots were not as acurate, in the sand too much to attasck.

Dang Duey, I would die for 32 putts right now. I shot a 93 with 42 putts yesterday and an 84 with 39 putts the other day. LOL

Wow, an 84 with 39 putts. Thats pretty solid shooting getting to the green, lol. Sounds like we need to scramble, you get us there and I'll hope to make a few putts.

Well here is my update since Friday.

Friday. Played 46 holes. first round. 80, second round 84, third 9, 41, it was a long day.

we were only going to play 18 but finished in about 3 hours so said what the heck and played another 18. Then when we got back to the club house they were having a skins game so played another 9.

Sunday. shot 43/41 total 84. just could not hit the greens and had to scramble all day long.

All 4 of us played sooo bad yesterday :angry: I lost a TON of golf balls that I should've just called it a day after losing several :( Twas EXTREMELY BAD!!! We all lost about 10 balls each!! I'm sure we all have bad days, but yesterday was just awful!! After shooting a 107 at Industry Hills, I guess I was bound to have a bad day soon...

Played a Phil-esque front 9, 36 with 4 birdies, 2 pars, 2 bogeys, and a double. Blah back nine with 6 pars and 3 bogeys, 39. So, 75...

P.S. The wind was blowing about 20, gust to 30.

Played in a 4 person Sheriff's Dept. scramble today. Our team shot -16 and won 3rd place in the championship flight. The winners shot -22 & -18. We had 2 mulligans each and could buy string on one par 3. I won the long drive contest but felt bad because the women's tees are way up front of the men. I won a golf umbrella and a putter. I had a good laugh over the putter since I've been struggling so bad. I think it's a Michelob Light putter or something like that. Heck I might give it a try.

Played in a 4 person Sheriff's Dept. scramble today. Our team shot -16 and won 3rd place in the championship flight. The winners shot -22 & -18. We had 2 mulligans each and could buy string on one par 3. I won the long drive contest but felt bad because the women's tees are way up front of the men. I won a golf umbrella and a putter. I had a good laugh over the putter since I've been struggling so bad. I think it's a Michelob Light putter or something like that. Heck I might give it a try.

If it was Michelob Ultra then Bama would have bought it from you

If it was Michelob Ultra then Bama would have bought it from you

Well guess what, it has a Michelob Ultra grip on it but it is a Delta putter. Eat your heart out Bama! LOL

hahahaha....too funny!!! Damn Delta putter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back