What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 41 today on an easier par 35 course. Went Birdie,Par, Bogey, Bogey, Double Bogey, Double Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par. The only bad thing about the round was 18 putts. I was surprisingly good off the tee.

1st time in this thread.....played a Freddie Couples Design course today, The Bridges, played tips at a cool 7,600 yards! Wind was also blowing at a nice 20-25mph. Started -3 after 6 holes!! Couldn't believe some of the breaks I was getting. Finished -2 after 9. Average back 9 but was even par total going to 18. Double Bogie. Couldn't get too upset by that but clearly my best round of the early year.

WOW - great playing Nate!

Shot 83 yesterday morning. I hit 4 fairways and 4 greens. My short game saved me as I had 27 putts with no 3 putts. Was pretty good off the tee, but my approach shots were all over the place.

shot 84 today and played pretty solid.

interestingly i snapped the shaft on my driver teeing off at the par 5 15th and had to play in with my 3 wood. was clean off at the hozel. the driver head went further than the ball, my playing partner thought this was hilarious..me, not so much. :)

Shot an 89 today. Ended a bad round with four straight pars so that made it better.

47 with 19 putts on 9. i woke up 2 hours late - and rushed to the course. Slept right through my 7:30 alarm. Started off bogey, par - witha 40' par putt on #2. thought i was going to be fine - but then i blew up the next 3 holes...
on #3 put my tee shot OOB right - then put my 3rd shot (mashie4) on the green - but 3 putted up the dang hill for a triple. Bogeyed out 6-9; tight course - and really wet. i still think half my putting problems are just terribly slow greens.

Got off the tee well - i hit a 3w the whole day since the fairways were really tight- probably could have hit driver - bc the holes were very close to each other - miss it a fairway right - and probably get a nice fairway lie lol.

had marcw take a few action shots.
IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

one of the local courses here had a bridgestone ball fitting today on the range - so i was really curious what they would put me into.

They asked me what i currently played - i told them the penta tp. They asked why i said - i like the feel on the green for putts - and i love the greenside spin.

They asked what i wanted off the tee - straight, long, higher ball flight, more control.

I said i prefer straight and long.

They asked about greenside feel - i said i like some spin - doesnt have to be the spinniest though.

Then i set up and hit 10 with the penta. And they handed me the B-330 RXS and i hit 10 with that.

then they printed off the results and handed me a 2ball sleeve of new rxs! pretty sweet.

The only thing that sucked was i was very late - and i didnt warm up at all. so i had a few bad ones in there.

My numbers with the Penta:
Clubhead Speed: 107.3
Ball velocity: 139.4
Launch Angle: 8.4
Backspin: 3883
Sidespin: +537
Distance: 239

B330-RXS:
Clubhead Speed: 105.4
Ball velocity: 143.4
Launch Angle: 12.3
Backspin: 2432
Sidespin: -96
Distance: 257

pretty cool to have a live person do the fitting. I asked about the B-330 RX too - what would i see different - they said i could try it and see what i liked better - they liked the RXS for me for greenside feel.

one of the local courses here had a bridgestone ball fitting today on the range - so i was really curious what they would put me into.

They asked me what i currently played - i told them the penta tp. They asked why i said - i like the feel on the green for putts - and i love the greenside spin.

They asked what i wanted off the tee - straight, long, higher ball flight, more control.

They asked about greenside feel - i said i like some spin - doesnt have to be the spinniest though.

Then i set up and hit 10 with the penta. And they handed me the B-330 RXS and i hit 10 with that.

then they printed off the results and handed me a 2ball sleeve of new rxs! pretty sweet.

The only thing that sucked was i was very late - and i didnt warm up at all. so i had a few bad ones in there.

B330-RXS:

pretty cool to have a live person do the fitting. I asked about the B-330 RX too - what would i see different - they said i could try it and see what i liked better - they liked the RXS for me for greenside feel.

Good round CG, I was fit to the exact same ball when I did it but they didn't give me any balls.

Shot an 85 on a course I've never seen before. Great day to play golf though couldn't ask for a better day with little to no wind and the sun is out, fantastic.

Still have a slight duck hook off the tee and my irons are starting to lose their consistency but I'll get them back the more I keep playing, my driver is my worst club as of right now due to my duck hook where I won't lose the ball, but I just lose a ton of distance. Was able to scramble plenty of times today for par or even to avoid double bogey.

it was a poor round but thanks!

Considering you just ran out there and it is early in the season its not that bad.

Shot an 82 at Babe Zaharis.Over all nice round Putted well with my SeeMore Si4.

Shot an 82 at Babe Zaharis.Over all nice round Putted well with my SeeMore Si4.

The Babe is a fun course. Lots of reachable par 4s. All three TSA courses always have great rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 40 today. Bogey 5, Par 5, Par 4, Par 3, Par 4, Par 5, Bogey 4, Bogey 5, Bogey 5.

I three jiggled the last three holes. Hit 6 of 7 fairways and 8 of 9 greens.

Saturday Apr 9 0826 tee time 65 degrees warming to 85 - NICE!
Pine View / Island View

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 6
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 3 2
9 par 5 5

Pine 37 Island 39 - 76

Masters Saturday and the weather was as perfect 20 miles away as it was at the Masters. I got off to a solid start and but for a three putt bogey at the 4th, had a nice first nine 37 with a few opportunities missed. Then came the day's rough stretch, as poor approaches on the next 4 holes led to struggles and a score jumping from +1 to +6. I finally got a bandaid back on the bleeding with a pair of pars, then made 12 footers for birdie on 16 and 17 to rally back to +4. At the last hole I tried to lay up a 3 Hybrid short of the crossing creek, but it rolled too far and went for a swim. Taking my penalty drop, I took my driver from 260 uphill yards and hammered it to near the front fringe. My pitch was indifferent, but the putter was again equal to the task from 12 feet for a sweet finishing par.

Last edited:

B330-RXS:

These are the 2 balls I have been deciding between. Today I played 18 holes, and I played the front 9 with the RXS and the back 9 with the Penta. They both performed very similarly to me. I got similar distance, similar feel, and they both got about the same amount of spin around the green for me. Going to have to continue to use them a few more rounds to decide which one I'm going to stick with.

86, only 2nd time out after 5 months snowbound. Short game will need time.

34* at tee time but warmed up by noon to 50*.

Went to play a quick nine before dark, First round this year, went to the range last week but didn't get time to today4
Hole 1. Drove 285, had 70 to the green, overshot the green with my SW by 10 yards. I have not been able to get my yardages figured out due to the cold weather, so I didn't think it would fly as well as it did. Didn't get up and down. Scored a 5.
Hole 2. I tried to draw a shot with my driver, started out too far right and hit the trunk of a tree on the hill, and bounced almost straight back of course. Had to hit 3 wood from fairway. Missed green to the left, Ended up with a 6.
Hole 3. Easy par 3, missed a 5 footer for par.
Hole 4. Hit a 3 wood off the tee 250 yards. Good approach to within 10 feet, made birdie.
Hole 5. Hit driver (par 4), 240 yards, Pw To the green, missed left and 2 putted for a 5.
Hole 6. Par 4. Hit a good drive about 245 yards in the fairway. Missed approach long, 3 putted again.
Hole 7. Par 3 .150 yards hit 8 iron to front of the green and 3 putted from 40 feet.
Hole 8. Drove 250 yards, hit PW to the green, missed fairway to the right. Hit approach 8 feet away from cup and made my downhill putt for birdie.
Hole 9. Par 5. Hit about a 225 yard drive. hit 3 wood, sailed the green, (275 downhill). Out of sand i overshot the green coming back, downhill, got a 6.............Over all I shot a 43, couple more rounds from now I should be in the 30's (70's)
I was ok with the round. Played NXT distance and Prov1/s .....My best drives were with the prov1, I will be playing these balls, and possibly try the Penta Tp.

Walked 36 today.

Round 1: 84 with 32 putts
Round 2: 81 with 32 putts

Ball striking is finally coming around, both the tee and irons. After a lesson with my wife (No BS she knows my swing like nobody else) we got everything sorted out. Shot a +4 38 (9 holes) today after work. Felt good to hit the ball well.

45-40. Not bad for the first round of the year for a fat old man.

Kevin

47. lol. 39 one day. 47 the next.

don't feel bad I have started off terrible this year. Today was the first day I actually felt confident over the ball. Coincidentally it was also the first day over 50 and winds below 25 mph

45-40. Not bad for the first round of the year for a fat old man.

Kevin

That is solid!

Imagine how much better you'll be with a ghost in the bag.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back