TaylorMade TR3 Speed Sleeve Training Aid

I bought one last night, One-T made me do it. I spent some time with it yesterday afternoon and I can see the value of this product. It's going to really help me with my takeaway and my tempo. You can't force the club back with the Speed Sleeve on it, at all.

Well after that endorsement I'll have to pick one up, I've been debating grabbing one since this thread started.

Okay I got to start using my TM Speed Sleeve yesterday. You can definitely tell well the club is in your swing! The first few swings it felt really weird, like I had to focus on making a smooth swing. You can't force the club back without making a smooth swing with this on the club. Once I started to get the rythm of it, after about 10-12 swings, I hit some balls on the range. The first few of the I pulled my head to watch the ball, and you all know what happens when you lift up, I topped them. So, I focused on the ball like I do on the Tee. Nice medium swings, they went straight and about 125 yards with good flight. After hitting a few like that I decided to swing away. With my normal swing with normal power it only went about 200 yards. But it was good! Now it was time to take the speed sleeve off. I took a practice swind and it didn't even seem like I had a freaking club in my hand. I thought holy moly... Then I hit some balls They had great flight. And went about 270 into the wind! I thought WOW!

Today I used it to warm up before the outing. I was hitting the ball my normal distances with my clubs but into the wind. So I'm really looking forward to hitting the ball with no wind and see if there is a difference. I know there can't be that much of a difference this soon after using it, but I can't explain it otherwise.

Now that I am done playing for the day, my muscles are sore. Has any of you that have used the speed sleeve have aching muscles afterwards or the next day? Like you worked out. My biceps, triceps, lats, shoulder and back muscles (ones that run up the spin) feel like I was lifting weights. I'm pretty sure the Speed Sleeve is showing me what muscles I use during my golf swing. It's a good feeling tho... Any of you that have it, feel the muscle soreness? Or am I using it wrong?

I loved this training aid. One thing I would recommend is not hitting full shots. This was all on me though. I've been sh@nking and just flipping the bejeezus out of my wrist and hitting super fat shots. Well, I snapped my 7i in half with the speedsleeve on. Not saying it was the training aids fault but I would hate to see this happen to anyone else hitting fat shots. Again, all my swing but just throwing this out there. I need to find a new shaft now lol.

I warmed up with this before my round yesterday and thought it helped. I'm going to the range tonight to use it some more. Meanwhile, I set it up on Nerfny's driver so she could use it before our round. I'm not sure if it was due to this sleeve or not, but she was crushing the ball. There are 3 shots that she hit that I made her mark on the GPS. On hole 1 she hit a 3 wood 204 yards(a bomb!), on hole 3 she teed off with a 7 wood that was GPS'd at 173(bomb #2!), and then hit a 201 yard 3 wood(bomb 3!) on number 6. Not to mention she unleashed a driver on 7, a 410 yard par 5 for the ladies, that left her with a 7 wood in to the green. Her swing never looked as smooth and consistent as it did yesterday and she ended up with a 49 on a par 37.

I warmed up with this before my round yesterday and thought it helped. I'm going to the range tonight to use it some more. Meanwhile, I set it up on Nerfny's driver so she could use it before our round. I'm not sure if it was due to this sleeve or not, but she was crushing the ball. There are 3 shots that she hit that I made her mark on the GPS. On hole 1 she hit a 3 wood 204 yards(a bomb!), on hole 3 she teed off with a 7 wood that was GPS'd at 173(bomb #2!), and then hit a 201 yard 3 wood(bomb 3!) on number 6. Not to mention she unleashed a driver on 7, a 410 yard par 5 for the ladies, that left her with a 7 wood in to the green. Her swing never looked as smooth and consistent as it did yesterday and she ended up with a 49 on a par 37.

It sounds like it did help Nerfny a bit! Sounds like she should try it again!!

Thanks guys for the glowing endorsements of this training aid. Sounds like it really is making a difference for some. I think I may have to scoop one of this up.

I bought one of these last week and have used it about three times. Gotta agree with others - it helps and is one of the best $30 I've spent on anything golf related.
Yes, as another poster noticed - my muscles were sore the next day. Hitting half shots then working up to full shots is what the instructions recommend. I noticed that with the sleeve fit on just about any club, my ball flight was pretty strange and sometimes downright awful. But when you hit for real after taking the sleeve off - HUGE IMPROVEMENT for me. It's not a miracle device - it just helps you pay more attention to your swing.

The big thing I noticed is that I was using my hands too much in my backswing, and not utilizing my body turn. But the sleeve forced me to turn my body because the club is too heavy to just use your hands and arms to draw the club back. I haven't hit irons this well in a long time. Definitely worth the price and the practice time to help improve your ball striking ability.

I think this aid is a must have. I put about 100 swings a day on with this device attached and I can assure you that it makes a difference. I bought mine Thursday and hit balls yesterday morning and my ball striking was the best it's been. This sleeve promotes a nice, fluid take away for me and when I do that, the rest of my swing feels more effortless.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I think this aid is a must have. I put about 100 swings a day on with this device attached and I can assure you that it makes a difference. I bought mine Thursday and hit balls yesterday morning and my ball striking was the best it's been. This sleeve promotes a nice, fluid take away for me and when I do that, the rest of my swing feels more effortless.

couldn't have said it better TC! It gives you a nice take away and a real smooth transition at the top. I'm headed to the range after work and plan on using this while hitting some balls. My swing felt great yesterday after warming up with it.

This is all I do with it, 100 a day. Hell, I have been sore in places that I didnt know got sore from swinging a club.

This is all I do with it, 100 a day. Hell, I have been sore in places that I didnt know got sore from swinging a club.

So I guess I'm not the only one who has muscle aches from the speed sleeve. It feels good to feel strength process as well as see it in my game! This sleeve works great. Gets a you in a nice rythm in your swing. I have yet to put it on my wedges yet, but I'm going to try that the next time out. Hopefully tomorrow if weather is nice.

wonder how it would work on a tour striker

I've been spending time with the TR3 everyday now since I bought this and I have to say, my ball striking has improved, my swing plane is much better, and I'm hitting the ball further. I don't think the increased distance is due to stronger "golf muscles" at this point, but I'm hitting the ball with my core and big muscles a lot more now, and less with my arms and this is where I think the added distance is coming from. I am however very sore the next day if I do a vigorous workout with this on my clubs, and I have no doubt that you will get stronger where you need to be using this device with some regularity. Also I think my tempo has improved because when I'm out on the course, I can go back to the mental picture and feeling I have from swinging this before the round, and it gets me back on track.

wonder how it would work on a tour striker

Well, I'm fairly positive that if you double up on these two training aids, that you'll soon be quitting your job and joining the tour. Adding the "Swing Glove" would almost guarantee it.

Well, I'm fairly positive that if you double up on these two training aids, that you'll soon be quitting your job and joining the tour. Adding the "Swing Glove" would almost guarantee it.

Yea I'm going to buy it just so I can put it on my tour striker just to see what happens

whats the chances of someone shipping one out to me? ill be ever so greatfull and ill pay all costs. :D

whats the chances of someone shipping one out to me? ill be ever so greatfull and ill pay all costs. :D

I can ship you one Boss Man.

Been using mine every night this week. So glad you guys made this thread.

Been using mine every night this week. So glad you guys made this thread.

Glad you are liking it, I used it today before a full range session at one of the grass ranges here and had one of the best ball striking days I've had. Plus it is a really good way to warm up, before you start going at it.

Back