TaylorMade TR3 Speed Sleeve Training Aid

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
So today after some research I bought the TaylorMade TR3 Speed Sleeve Training Aid and I really like it. It was easy to put on and really allows you to feel where the club head is in the swing, but must importantly for me, my misses are when I get fast and I come over the top a little. You can't do this with it on the club and you can hit balls with every club in the bag, and develop and nice even tempo. I only used it for about an hour on my lunch break but I will post more thoughts as I play around with it. I have to say, for the price it is a great training aid.

Edit: http://www.taylormadegolfgear.com/index.php/taylormade/tr3-speed-sleeve-temp.html

Here's the link to the TM videos on it if you're interested.

saw this aid today. i am interested to hear what you think of it.

I will have to look into this one. That's typically my miss as well. I cast my hands though along with over the top or pull my head up some. Definitely going to be tuned into this one!

interesting....I will have to look into one of these. Thanks buddy, keep us updated

Just watched the video and I'm definitely interested even more lol.

I'm getting me one of these!!! Thanks for letting us know about it Breese! I sent patty a message to see if she can get me one. Might as well get it from a THPer!

Nice I cant wait to hear some more of your thoughts about this and if you find true improvment using it.

Hearing your feedback will be very interesting. Anything to help the game is worth a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Okay, Patty replied back and they have them in stock... So, I'm having her send me one. I can't wait, this should help with a bunch of aspects!!!

Okay, Patty replied back and they have them in stock... So, I'm having her send me one. I can't wait, this should help with a bunch of aspects!!!

Great stuff man. I haven't spent a ton of time with it yet, but I've really liked what I've seen so far.

So today I spent a full range session with this training aid and I have to say I came away impressed. I first used it as a warm up tool and then got started hitting some balls with it on my 9 iron. What you notice right away is you have to make a nice smooth stroke, and you can't get the club out of position at any point in the swing, because with the weight you cannot "save" the swing with a move with your hands or arms. After getting in a bit of a groove with it, I picked up my 8 iron, and as they showed in the video, just tried to repeat the swings I had just been making. Ball after ball was struck very well and I just concentrated on the feeling I had with the TR3 Speed Sleeve on the 9 iron. Next I moved to the driver, I hit about 10 balls with the TR3 Speed Sleeve on the driver and noticed right away I was making a bad backswing and then saving the swing by coming over the top, without being able to do this due to the weight I was hitting some bad a&% slices. I concentrated on making a better backswing and getting the club more on plane and I started to hit some pretty nice drivers in terms of ball flight. I then took the weight off and just like with the irons, tried to repeat the smooth swings I had just been making. I had some surprising results, I felt lilke I was hardly swinging at all and I was blasting some drives over the flag at 240! My confidence then got up and I guess I wanted to see how far I could get the ball out there, bad things then happened. I put the TR3 Speed Sleeve back on the driver and made a few more smooth swings on the ball and repeated. Again good results. It is really small, fits easily in your bag, and I think I'm going to start using it before every round. I'll update tomorrow after I use it before my round, but for $30 this is a great little training aid.

Great stuff so far CB. Look forward to more of your feedback.

Nice write up coolbreeze. I watched all the videos from the link you posted and this thing has me very intrigued, even more so now that you have stated seeing some positive results after using this. Does it come with any kind of instructional video or booklet with like a set routine that you should use with this?

Nice write up coolbreeze. I watched all the videos from the link you posted and this thing has me very intrigued, even more so now that you have stated seeing some positive results after using this. Does it come with any kind of instructional video or booklet with like a set routine that you should use with this?

Nope, it just comes attached to a piece of cardboard with some simple instructions on how to use it. I had already watched the video's online before I bought it though so I knew what I was getting into. I just really like that it turns any one of your own clubs into a training aid and you can hit balls with it.

Nope, it just comes attached to a piece of cardboard with some simple instructions on how to use it. I had already watched the video's online before I bought it though so I knew what I was getting into. I just really like that it turns any one of your own clubs into a training aid and you can hit balls with it.

I agree that is a really nice aspect of the Speed Sleeve is that it allows you to keep your normal clubs in your hands the whole time. Thanks for the info.

So today I spent a full range session with this training aid and I have to say I came away impressed. I first used it as a warm up tool and then got started hitting some balls with it on my 9 iron. What you notice right away is you have to make a nice smooth stroke, and you can't get the club out of position at any point in the swing, because with the weight you cannot "save" the swing with a move with your hands or arms. After getting in a bit of a groove with it, I picked up my 8 iron, and as they showed in the video, just tried to repeat the swings I had just been making. Ball after ball was struck very well and I just concentrated on the feeling I had with the TR3 Speed Sleeve on the 9 iron. Next I moved to the driver, I hit about 10 balls with the TR3 Speed Sleeve on the driver and noticed right away I was making a bad backswing and then saving the swing by coming over the top, without being able to do this due to the weight I was hitting some bad a&% slices. I concentrated on making a better backswing and getting the club more on plane and I started to hit some pretty nice drivers in terms of ball flight. I then took the weight off and just like with the irons, tried to repeat the smooth swings I had just been making. I had some surprising results, I felt lilke I was hardly swinging at all and I was blasting some drives over the flag at 240! My confidence then got up and I guess I wanted to see how far I could get the ball out there, bad things then happened. I put the TR3 Speed Sleeve back on the driver and made a few more smooth swings on the ball and repeated. Again good results. It is really small, fits easily in your bag, and I think I'm going to start using it before every round. I'll update tomorrow after I use it before my round, but for $30 this is a great little training aid.

I ordered one too. Those videos you posted sure show how to use it. I can't wait till it gets here. I ordered it from Patty at Blind9Golf. I sent her a message and she got right back to me. And I put my order in. Talk about service! Thanks to THP not only am I getting all the information I need about the game, equipment and the tools to help me improve my game! Man it's all here on one site!! I sure am glad I found this community.

Coolbreeze, I picked one up while I was at the PGA SS. You had me hooked dude. I can't wait to use this thing tomorrow!

Intrigued by this, I often find myself having to work on my tempo.

I picked one of these up today. I took some swings outside, and in the living room. I plan on taking it to the course tomorrow and warming up with it.

Coolbreeze, I picked one up while I was at the PGA SS. You had me hooked dude. I can't wait to use this thing tomorrow!

I picked one of these up today. I took some swings outside, and in the living room. I plan on taking it to the course tomorrow and warming up with it.

Great stuff guys, I think you will like it, I know I do. Today after using the TR3 for just two practice sessions on my driver, I went out today and was bombing my driver and hit 12 of 14 fairways. I'm not sure how much to chalk that up to the TR3 but I thought my tempo and swing plane was much better today after using this on the range before the round.

Dude thats awesome! I got a question for ya. I put this on my 4i to warm up with. And tried hitting half shots then full shots. Did you see any distance loss on full shots? Or is that because I'm doing something wrong lol?

Great stuff guys, I think you will like it, I know I do. Today after using the TR3 for just two practice sessions on my driver, I went out today and was bombing my driver and hit 12 of 14 fairways. I'm not sure how much to chalk that up to the TR3 but I thought my tempo and swing plane was much better today after using this on the range before the round.

Dude thats awesome! I got a question for ya. I put this on my 4i to warm up with. And tried hitting half shots then full shots. Did you see any distance loss on full shots? Or is that because I'm doing something wrong lol?

Ya you wont hit the ball near what you do the actual club. When I put it on my 8 iron and make full easy swings with it on, I think I just carry the ball to the 125 flag, and thats my 150 club. With the driver, full swings go maybe 200 yards.

Thanks CB. I didn't feel like I hit any bad shots with the sleeve on. I haven't used it a whole lot though either. When you do hit bad shots with it, is it the same as your typical miss? Yup, man of a million questions!

Ya you wont hit the ball near what you do the actual club. When I put it on my 8 iron and make full easy swings with it on, I think I just carry the ball to the 125 flag, and thats my 150 club. With the driver, full swings go maybe 200 yards.

Thanks CB. I didn't feel like I hit any bad shots with the sleeve on. I haven't used it a whole lot though either. When you do hit bad shots with it, is it the same as your typical miss? Yup, man of a million questions!

For me my two misses are, 1) coming over the top, and 2) getting the face way open on the backswing, leading to a big slice because I have no shot at closing the face in the down swing unless I do something crazy with my hands. I've found that with the TR3 on, you can't come over the top because with the weight it is a totally impossible move, which causes an almost topped ball, and if I leave the face too wide open I don't have a shot at getting it back to square so a HUGE slice happens.

nice! I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and use it while hitting shots. I've got it on the putter right now while rolling putts in the living room.

Back