A Hawk is Landing at THP HQ

Final Tee Time was booked and we are all set. 3.5 rounds in 3 days and it is going to be a blast. As soon as we get the confirmation on our LPGA match (if its against 1 or 2), then we will get a thread on it so we can update it with pics while we are out there.

Man this is going to be fun to watch :thumb:

Final Tee Time was booked and we are all set. 3.5 rounds in 3 days and it is going to be a blast. As soon as we get the confirmation on our LPGA match (if its against 1 or 2), then we will get a thread on it so we can update it with pics while we are out there.

The courses look great and I'm ready to get my golf on. 24 hours from now I will be in the car headed to the first course. Straight out of the plane and off to some golf. That's the way to do it right there.

Wonder where I'll be after the tee shot?

hole8.jpg

What tees will you all be playing at these courses?

2 staff bags ready for their warm-up round.

2 staff bags ready for their warm-up round.

Nice looking bags, I'm going to guess the one on the right is for Razr?

I need him to get warmed up in FL golf before he gets his hands on the Z-Stars irons, so yes...

Hawk's WITB for 1st Round
Driver - TaylorMade SuperTri w/ Miyazaki Silver Shaft
FW - Cleveland Launcher FL 17* w/ Miyazaki C. Kua 43 Shaft
Hybrids - Cleveland Mashie M2 & Wilson Staff Fybrid HS 4
Irons - Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl Irons 5-PW
Wedges - Ping Tour S 52, 56, 60
Putter - Bettinardi Studio Stock #7
Ball - Bridgestone e6 Orange

You are correct. We have some new stuff in there (to me) and some things I've hit before. Friday will be a warmup round for the weekend. We may not even have time to practice.

I need him to get warmed up in FL golf before he gets his hands on the Z-Stars irons, so yes...

Great bag there, and yours appears to have Z-star driver and irons, have those irons managed to beat out the CG16's or are they just still in play?

That looks so official. Awesome. As some of can see, I'm staying a bit in my comfort zone for the first round and after some testing, we will see what ends up ITB on the weekend. I'm pumped to be playing that SS #7!

Great bag there, and yours appears to have Z-star driver and irons, have those irons managed to beat out the CG16's or are they just still in play?

I do have the driver and irons from Srixon in play tomorrow. I will update that thread if they beat out the CG16s for good. The CG16s that Hawk is playing are different than mine in that his have the stock shaft in there and mine have the Tour Proto Monacos in them. So it will be nice to see the stock shafts in action.

The Monaco's and I probably wouldn't get along, but I really enjoyed the results I got from the stock shafts in the CG16's. One thing I'm very interested in is the difference between the SuperTri and the R9 for my driver swing. I'm hoping for a little more height, carry distance, and forgiveness than I'm getting right now.

If anybody has any requests regarding equipment to try or to compare, let us know. We will be righting down lots of stuff.

The Monaco's and I probably wouldn't get along, but I really enjoyed the results I got from the stock shafts in the CG16's. One thing I'm very interested in is the difference between the SuperTri and the R9 for my driver swing. I'm hoping for a little more height, carry distance, and forgiveness than I'm getting right now.

If anybody has any requests regarding equipment to try or to compare, let us know. We will be righting down lots of stuff.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Ping wedges, never had the chance to hit them outdoors so any info before the May outing would be appreciated.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Ping wedges, never had the chance to hit them outdoors so any info before the May outing would be appreciated.

I'm curious about them as well. I've got a good idea of what I like and don't like about the CG16's and I'll be interested to see how they compare.

I'm curious about them as well. I've got a good idea of what I like and don't like about the CG16's and I'll be interested to see how they compare.

Hawk has ESP as well as RAZR sharp wit, that is the exact comparison I was doing in my head at the shop this morning. Look forward to your epic adventure...take it easy on the socks.

Hawk has ESP as well as RAZR sharp wit, that is the exact comparison I was doing in my head at the shop this morning. Look forward to your epic adventure...take it easy on the socks.

I'm going to try and behave this time around, but no promises.

Bag is packed and I'm having a few drinks to keep myself from staying up all night with excitement. It's going to be rotten here this weekend, so perfect time to get away.

I'm going to try and behave this time around, but no promises.

Bag is packed and I'm having a few drinks to keep myself from staying up all night with excitement. It's going to be rotten here this weekend, so perfect time to get away.
I know I tried to wish you well and send you off a little early...but now that I know you really are leaving soon safe travels my friend. We're all looking forward to hearing a lot from you guys this weekend.

Anything in left hand sparks my interest dude. There's a left handed Razr Hawk Tour driver there, just swing it for me a few times, then go ahead and get it cleaned up real nice for me.

Thanks.

Anything in left hand sparks my interest dude. There's a left handed Razr Hawk Tour driver there, just swing it for me a few times, then go ahead and get it cleaned up real nice for me.

Thanks.

Wait. Your left handed?

Back