A Hawk is Landing at THP HQ

any issues with the graphite shafts of the Razr's feeling too 'light?'

any issues with the graphite shafts of the Razr's feeling too 'light?'

I didn't notice that at all. My perceptions of graphite shafts were completely wrong. Obviously, they wouldn't work for everybody, but I really liked them. Definitely has me curious.

Again and excellent write up on the irons. It makes me very happy to hear you say you liked those Razr X irons. I know exactly what you are saying about your preconceived notions of a graphite shaft in an iron, I fear I'd be the same way. To me it sounds like while you struggle picking the best that is because they are all pretty solid irons in their own right so picking one to be best in show would be hard. The hole out with the CG16 might have won me over if I did that! Good job bud.

Love the write up Hawk. I kinda had a feeling the Di11's would win out for you. I remember you really, really liked those. I'm psychic. HA. I love the idea of graphite shafts as well my friend. I wouldn't rule them out at all. They could be the right fit some cases and I would thnk they get overlooked often.

Love the write up Hawk. I kinda had a feeling the Di11's would win out for you. I remember you really, really liked those. I'm psychic. HA. I love the idea of graphite shafts as well my friend. I wouldn't rule them out at all. They could be the right fit some cases and I would thnk they get overlooked often.

Funny you say that. I told JB that I thought you really should look at them hard due to your elbow issues.

Thanks for the nice words, guys. There were a few other things that I hit and I think I'll just update their threads as I come up with stuff. The rest is not very organized and I hate chaos.

I'm definitely going to try and get some shots in with them man. The sensicore inserts have really helped me a lot but at times I just wait for the bottom to fall out. I had some graphite shafts in some old Zing2's and loved it! lol.

Really sounds like you had a ton of fun hitting the gear. Had to be exhausting but really cool you are getting closer to figuring a good set up for you. You did some wedges and putters too right?

Funny you say that. I told JB that I thought you really should look at them hard due to your elbow issues.

I'm definitely going to try and get some shots in with them man. The sensicore inserts have really helped me a lot but at times I just wait for the bottom to fall out. I had some graphite shafts in some old Zing2's and loved it! lol.

Really sounds like you had a ton of fun hitting the gear. Had to be exhausting but really cool you are getting closer to figuring a good set up for you. You did some wedges and putters too right?

Yea, and some hybrids/fairways. I did learn that the Z-Star fairway wood + Hawk's swing = -5 inches in total distance. That poor thing never had a chance.

Backspin at its finest :)

And we found out how smooth Hawk sounds on the radio. Score!

Yea, and some hybrids/fairways. I did learn that the Z-Star fairway wood + Hawk's swing = -5 inches in total distance. That poor thing never had a chance.

my oh my

I'm surprised by your "off the top of your head" choice with the Di11. Great club, insane distance, and with all of the great feedback in the forum, just an all around solid club. Although many can't get over the W/S bias these are a game changer for many.

Okay if you end up with Di11s I am going to have to adjust to the fact that I will no longer be the only person on the course with WilsonStaff equipment, may take a little time to adjust to this when we play together. :clapp:

As to drivers, nice to see W/S once again has a competitive driver in the market.

Back