What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Penta my last two rounds and it is back in the running to be my Morgan Cup ball. It warmed up a little and I still had two sleeves of them so I put them in play and was really impressed off the tee. I didn't lose near the distance I thought I was getting and the performance around the green is superb. I have a feeling that my swing speed has increased some with the lessons and weight training I have been doing so it could be that I'm compressing it more off the tee, but I was seeing about 260 off the tee, and thats about what I was getting with the burner tour. Now I don't know what to do.

Last round I started out with a 2011 Bridgestone e6 and played about 5 holes with it. Continued excellence from Bridgestone and I still love this ball. On the 5th hole, I saw something bright yellow shimmering in the woods. I walked over and found a nearly brand new Srixon Z-star tour yellow. I have never played a yellow ball so I thought, this would be a great chance to finally try one. I tee up at the 6th hole and just crush the ball. I was able to see the flight from start until it landed roughly 290 yards away. Fast forward to the end of the round and I am still playing with the Z-star and loving how I can see the ball flight and loving the spin from the ball itself. I think it's safe to say, I think the e6 may have been dethroned as the top ball in my books.

Played a Bridgestone FiXx (or however it is spelled). Not a bad ball. Comparable to the Titleist DT Solo's I've been playing lately. Not much greenside spin however...

I've been playing the nike 20XI-X all week and really like the ball. The durability is great on it, even with my old box groove wedges I can still use one for 13-14 holes before it really gets scuffed up. I think with the new CoC grooves on all my clubs it would easily last 2 rounds. I cant seem to put any sort of scuff on it with my VR Pro-Combos. I'm going to give the 20XI-S a whirl this weekend and see how they stack up against one another.

I play the Bridgestone B-330RX as my regular ball but today I played a TM Penta and it really compares quite well with the Bridgestone, I would not hesitate to game it if I found them on sale, however with them being more expensive than the B-330RX, I don't see changing to them full time.

Pentas at Dicks are priced lower than the RXs, not sure if that is a sale price on the Pentas or not, I was just in there to pick up balls on Saturday. I will play Pentas when TM stops making the Blacks - if they ever do.

Pentas at Dicks are priced lower than the RXs, not sure if that is a sale price on the Pentas or not, I was just in there to pick up balls on Saturday. I will play Pentas when TM stops making the Blacks - if they ever do.

Thanks pjce, I will check that out, usually they run about $3 more at Dick's.

Still pre-season here in the NE. Yesterday I played Callaway Big Bertha's. I played to my 10 handicap so I can't complain about these balls, especially since they are almost half the cost of high end brands. Once it gets warmer up here (or if I play in a tournament) I will probably switch to the Callaway i-tours or the TM Pentas.

Iv been playing the pro v1 lately and today I went with the b330 rx
I had good success with it and it bit up well
Not sure if it was longer off the tee maybe about the same but I liked it. Holed out of the bunker on 18 so that was nice. I'll play it this week in Vegas again

Played ProV1 (last gen). It's still the only ball I can get enough spin on to stick a lot of harder greens. It also has my preferred ball flight. I've been curious to try out the Pentas recently. Maybe if a sleeve gets cheaper, I'll purchase and test them out.

Rocked out with the B330-RX last round and I quite liked it in general. Decent gain over the Zstar in terms of distance but definately less spin around the green. It's going to take a bit getting use to but this could definately be my gamer ball for the rest of the year.

Last Friday I played the Callaway Tour i(z) until I hit my second shot OB on the 8th. It's a great ball and I always enjoy playing with it. Switched to the Taylormade TP Black and that ball is a bit harder feeling off the driver, but still a good ball. I also play TM Penta and the Srixon Z-Star occasionally. But my swing has to be "on" or else I can either hook or slice these higher spin balls out of the fairway at any given moment.

First round of the year on Sunday. Played a Taylormade Burner TP. Great ball, especially considering price & also extremely durable. The ball still looks brand new. Very straight off of hybrids & irons.

I had a gift card for Dick's and picked up a couple dozen of :srixon: Z-Star X for $24.99. Played them Sunday and loved them. I may have to pick up a few more dozen if they continue to impress. Very nice ball. I would be interested in trying the new Z-Star XV but at the difference in price right now I doubt the difference would be worth it to me.

I played the TM Penta TP. Really like the spin around the greens with the ball. It felt a little different off the driver than what I'm used to. I'm going to stick with it because I played well with it. But I think I might have to go back to a "softer" ball.

My regular ball has been the TM TP Red LDP. I also like the Penta and considered going to it. But, and it still amazes me, I played the Wilson Zip today again and loved it. It's long and straight and although many reviews claim it doesn't spin enough, it checks up quickly for me.

...Simply cannot believe that this ball suits me so well, but I'm gonna go with it for a while. "Zero compression" ball and I swing 110+ mph w/driver. Yet, it works. Go figure.

Played the Penta. Still can't find a better ball for my game at the moment.

I have just been gifted a dozen 2011 Pro V1s, so I have a chance of doing an unofficial shootout.

I can now do Pro V1 392 vs Pro V1 2009 vs Pro V1 2011. Might be interesting to put these up against each other.

I've talked about this ball on other threads but it has yet to let me down. The MG pro series ball reacts just like the top balls on the market. Long off the driver, spins around the greens and holds up through out the round. If you haven't tried it I suggest you order yourself a dozen for $19.99, yes that's right. I just played with it for 4 days on my golf trip. Not sure I'll play another ball unless it performs better. Www.mggolf.com

i played a top flight v2 and that ball can go... hit some big bombs off the tee

Srixon Z Tour 2010 ball. Been using Penta TP's for about 3-4 months, recently realised hadn't played a good round with them even though I love the feel of them. Switched to the Srixons as they were on offer and immediately played the best round of my life. Will be sticking with these for a while now!!

Nike One Tour, felt really nice off the clubface. Didn't react as well around the greens as I would have liked but I am putting that down to my short game being very rusty at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back