What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the Callaway Hex Diablo Tour on Sunday. After listening to the ITR interview with the Callaway rep I was anxious to try them. I found them to have the same distance off of the tee and with long irons as the Gamer v2 and Bridgestone E6 I normally play. They felt great off of my wedges and putter. The Diablo Tour checked up, on the greens, better in my experience too. I can't get the E6 to bite on the greens very well at all. My only gripe was that my 588 wedges were real hard on the covers. I find the Gamer and E6 both hold up well through a round. I think I am going to pick some more of these up. Very nice feeling ball with the same price point as the E6.

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) today first drive was a bomb down the middle of the fairway measured at 262 with the GPS. Never hit another drive quite as far as that first one but really like the feel and sound of the ball off the driver. Couldn't hit an iron to save my life today but was very good around the greens. The ball was a bit "harder" off the putter but it rolled well and I holed quite a few knee knockers. Overall I quite liked this ball.

Played the trusty Bridgestone B33-RX. Man, I love that ball.

I played with the Top Flight Gamer V2 ball today and was highly impressed. This ball is awesome for the price! Long off the tee and it surprised me with the green side spin.

played a bunch of diff balls on the first 9(kept losing them)
then played a nike tour accuracy tw on the other 9 and it was the best 1/2 round ive ever played...
ball went far and checked pretty decent

Played the new Callaway Diablo TOur ball yesterday, I was very impressed with the durability of this ball. It is long off the tee and offered great spin around the greens. Excellent 3 piece ball for $21

Played all but one round this year with my usual TM TP Black LDP which I will play until they stop making them.

last played a Nike SFT. trying to find a nice ball for distance with feel around the green and this ball did well for me. hit 60% of fairways and got 50% GIR which for me is unbelivable! very similar feel to the taylormade noodle+ long and soft i had been using. slightly less distance than the nike NDK i had used but felt much better for chipping and i was able to get them to "bite" which i wasnt able to with NDK's. overall i'll probably stick with these until they are done and then consider a move to srixon ad333's.

I played with a Nike One Tour and Titleist NXT. I had not used the NXT before and must say I was pretty pleased with it all in all. Didn't feel great around the greens but I don't usually look for the buttery soft feel myself. The Nike One Tour ball I found at Walmart I believe are last year's line/model as they were on sale at $25 a dozen, down from $39.99. I REALLY was diggin this ball all around. Softer to me than the NXT around the greens enough for me to want more. I went back and bought 2 more dozen. I'm thinking I might go around to another Walmart near by and grab another 1 or two and be done for the year!

at the weekend i played the new callaway diablo tour its a 3 piece ball, one of callaways newest models and i must say i really liked it. was nice and long of the tee solid with iron shots and soft around the green. i was a bit worried about the cover not lasting the full 18 but i held up well i even slapped it off few tree's. so all in all an impressive ball and there not that expensive per dozen

played a callaway warbird today and it almost lasted the whole round but decided to take a swim on the very last hole giving me the only double of the day

After the THP review, I bought a sleeve of 20011 e6 (yellow) and I was very impressed with the distance off the driver and long irons. It obviously fit my swing speed (90-95) and equipment configuration. Based on GPS measurements, I'd say it averaged about 10 yards more on drives than the ZStar that I played with last season. I didn't notice a big difference on iron shots. Since I don't suffer from much side-spin or else I hit a hopeless duck hook that no ball will help, I can't speak for its anti-side spin characteristics. I will note that I could still fade and draw the ball with these so they don't eliminate those shot options. I like a 5-yard cut on drives because I tend to hit more fairways playing those than draws since I have a tendency to turn a draw into a hook and I had no problem pulling that off a couple of times! I could also hit high, soft 5 iron shots as well as punch and mid trajectory 5 irons so there was no limitation on trajectory options. There was plenty of spin to hold the greens on longer shots. I held the green with a 220+ 4wood (eagled) as well as several 165+ iron shots but you don't want to shoot at the back of the green and expect to hold it unless you are really coming in high. I'd say I got about 15 feet of roll with these longer clubs on my mid-trajectory shots. The greens weren't particularly soft and wet but they weren't baked like mid-summer either.

The e6 felt very nice and true (soft and solid) when putting and it spun adequately around the greens. Obviously, it had less short game spin than the ZStar. I'd say another 2-4 feet of roll for me on typical shots and this actually suited my game because I tend to miss chips and pitches on the short side and generated quite a bit of spin with the ZStar so I end up with a lot of 10 footers. I'd ended up more in the 4-8 feet range with the e6 on equivalent green side shots. I'll start the season playing the e6 for sure and I went out and bought a dozen after the round.

Durability was great. Played the round with 1 ball and had many, many MPT-11 wedge shots with no noticeable scuffing; I small scuff from a tree!

Shot 87 today playing a ProV1X. Had three 3 putts today with my new SeeMore putter which is 3 more than I've had with in my previous 5 rounds. Also had 4 penalty strokes which is the most I've ever had in 4 years of playing this goofy game.

Been playing the Srixon Z Star from last year, not sold on them, just doesnt feel clean off of the driver and it seems Im losing distance

I went back and forth today between B330-RX and Pro-V1. Given a ~100 mph swing speed, I surpisingly got better results with the Pro-V1.

I went back and forth today between B330-RX and Pro-V1. Given a ~100 mph swing speed, I surpisingly got better results with the Pro-V1.

What was better about it? Tee game? Greenside?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

After seeing Hawk's orange e6 at the bottom of the cup on Friday, I decided to put some in my bag this evening. I loved how the color popped in the fairway. It was very easy to spot.

What was better about it? Tee game? Greenside?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Tee game was better for sure. I did multiple shots with each ball and the Pro-V1x was longer and straighter. The greens had just been aerated, so I can't speak to much to performance there.

I played the Wilson FG Tour ball yesterday. The ball felt great off the driver and irons, but it felt really great off the putter. The greens were very fast since the lack of rain, the course actually watering the greens and the brutally hot sun played a significant factor in drying them out. The ball checked fairly well for as dry as the greens were. I only was able to back 2 balls up all day but the ball didn't roll out on me either. I was very pleased with this ball

Played the E5 on a simulator. Really, I'm not trying to funny about it. It has to be one of my top 3 golf balls right now. I forgot my i(z)'s at home and these were sitting there.

I bought a sleeve of Cally Tour i(z)'s yesterday and was blown away by this golf ball. It performs similarly to the Bstone B330 off the tee but I loved this ball off of my irons and off of my wedges. I was seeing a perfect amount of spin (except once when I actually spun one off of the green, grrr!). I played the entire round with one ball and it showed some signs of wear but I thought they were incredibly durable. Great, great golf ball.

Interesting stuff. Going to keep them in the bag?
I bought a sleeve of Cally Tour i(z)'s yesterday and was blown away by this golf ball. It performs similarly to the Bstone B330 off the tee but I loved this ball off of my irons and off of my wedges. I was seeing a perfect amount of spin (except once when I actually spun one off of the green, grrr!). I played the entire round with one ball and it showed some signs of wear but I thought they were incredibly durable. Great, great golf ball.

Callaway Diablo Tour, just switched to it after using the Bridgestone e6 for a while. Much longer drives off the tee and a bit better spin/touch around the greens. I do find it a touch less forgiving of off center hits. I may give the new model of e6 a go though to see if they improved the feel of it.

Interesting stuff. Going to keep them in the bag?

As of right now.....HELL YES! I really liked the i(z) a lot. Hot off the face, durable, and spins much more than the RX or Tour B330 for me.

email Callaway and see if they'll make it in yellow for you bro
As of right now.....HELL YES! I really liked the i(z) a lot. Hot off the face, durable, and spins much more than the RX or Tour B330 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back