Steve Jobs Is Watching You

This is some pretty crazy stuff to find out. I have to wonder if all of this is based on a future marketing ploy?

This type of stuff is the reason I live off the grid.

Kevin

Should I quit taking my phone to the bathroom?

Doesn't really bother me. Won't be too long and the US will be like London and other places over seas where there will be cameras on every corner taping evrybody and every inch of major cities.

Reading this thread is haunting. As a minor literary buff there are countless works that refer to this thread. I can only hope other far reaching minds don't have their way.

Lol, I still don't trust them.

Lol, I still don't trust them.

I just set my iPad up and turn on the facetime for whoever might be watching. Then I make my best Bob Knight game face.

After reading this what they are doing makes no sense at all, unless there is a law enforcement or security element of some kind involved. This may be something they planned as a feature and then didn't fully implement.

Dude! I dont want to risk the device falling or something. I had to wait forever for it.

Dude....your avatar scares the sh*t out of me...

hahaha and I thought this was a nice clown too.

Heh, I'm not normally freaked out by clowns but that one... :tremble::nailbiting:

OEM has that effect on people.

Ive been working on it though. Happy clown instead of angry. :act-up:

Looks like Google is doing it also with the Android phone: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...eceive-phone-users-locations/?test=latestnews

Excerpt:

Google and Apple are gathering location information as part of their race to build massive databases capable of pinpointing people's locations via their cellphones. These databases could help them tap the $2.9 billion market for location-based services—expected to rise to $8.3 billion in 2014, according to research firm Gartner Inc.
In the case of Google, according to new research by security analyst Samy Kamkar, an HTC Android phone collected its location every few seconds and transmitted the data to Google at least several times an hour. It also transmitted the name, location and signal strength of any nearby Wi-Fi networks, as well as a unique phone identifier.

Love how this is ok with all the apple cultists, yet when Intel was doing something similar with a previous line of processors it was the end of the world. Gotta love Apple people.

Love how this is ok with all the apple cultists, yet when Intel was doing something similar with a previous line of processors it was the end of the world. Gotta love Apple people.

+1 on the kool-aid drinkers.

Actually I like how Apple is getting killed for something that is quite common and all the phone manufacturers are doing. This is happening way more then people think.

Actually I like how Apple is getting killed for something that is quite common and all the phone manufacturers are doing. This is happening way more then people think.

Yup, where's the bashing of google, android, whoever else? Again, things like this just don't concern me much. What concerns me is a foreign dependence on oil, rising gas prices, crappy health care, things like that.

Back