What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I think anyone can beat Mike Weir right now. He should just give up. But that's for another thread.

37/38 75. My game is getting close. A few more rounds with the new irons and putter should do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first time out for the season
walked 9 quick and shot a 48
hit the water twice
it can only go up from here

Managed to get 9 holes in before the rain began. Struck the ball really well, hit some horrible putts. Shot a 43. Easily should've been under 40 if I could make a putt.

Shot a 92 today. 47/45
Rating 71.6 slope 126

Driver was great, irons were ok, wedges were awful again, and putter was ok.

I've got to start working on my distance control with wedges.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I had another problem, while this may sound pretty stupid I was hitting the ball TOO long. I'm not sure if it is because I put on some muscle or I am just making REALLY good contact, or if it is mechanical but I was not comfortable with how long I was hitting my irons.

that is a good problem to have... ive also gained mad amt of distance from ionno where

i attempted to play for 5 whole hours in 7trillion mph wind
i missed 6 birdie opportunities
lost 1 ball
took 3 oob drops and an unplayable (if im gonna go out of bounds the ball might as well be lost instead of right on the dang oob line)
the only thing that i took away from today that was great... i was 1 over on par3's
i almost reached a long par5 in 2... rolled off the green into a deep bunker... on in 5 down in 1 :sad: (stupid dirt/sand)
i almost drove a short par 4 green... on in 2 down in 3 :sad: (chunked my chip shot)
didnt have 1 3 putt on the front... had a billion on the back :sad:
at least i beat one brother by 13 strokes and evened out with a friend i never beat
other brother whipped everyones butt :sad:

I play from the whites now. I shot a 103 (my best score ever) but because I played from the whites today and not the fronts, I technically shot a 99 :D

I only hit one green in regulation, par 3, 179 yards in which I had my one and only par for the day! Had 10/18 ups and downs and only 36 putts!!! My short game was much better than my approach shots :( getting there...

I play from the whites now. I shot a 103 (my best score ever) but because I played from the whites today and not the fronts, I technically shot a 99 :D

Great score!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

78 - another day of high winds, had to allow at least 2 and sometimes 3 clubs into the wind, very hard to figure out what to hit. Missed at least 3 makeable birdie putts (inside 10 feet) so my score could have been better, greens were very slow and bumpy so I have an excuse.

27 holes yesterday, 41 at the home course, 41/43 (84) at a course 25 miles away. Wind was extremely strong and I had it pretty well figured out for the most part. Today was a cold 54* out with strong winds for the front nine. Another 41 front, then the wind quit and so did my game, lol. I shot a 42, but it took a ton of scrambling.

I don't even know what I shot today...it was that bad. I quit keeping score after the second hole. It was the worst golf I have played in about 2 years...LITERALLY! I normally have great ball striking but I fight a hook...today I was slicing my drives, and shanking just about everything else. I finished last year with a 9.5 handicap, so after the winter layoff I'm sure its a little bit higher, but my first 18 holes out this year I shot 82, had a cold windy round last week and shot 90 just because of 2 blow-up holes that I usually don't experience once I've gotten a few rounds out of the way...but today just about every hole was a blow-up hole I had lost 4 balls by the time I was halfway done with the second hole, and I just cold not hit the ball. It was so frustrating! I had to stop after 12 holes because I had a family get together to go to, but it was probably a good thing I stopped before I ended up losing all my balls...it was pretty windy again today but its no excuse for how horrible I played....I'm hoping my swing comes back to me within the next couple of days because my first night of golf league is Thursday!

I had a rather interesting round today. I started out pretty good and then fell apart and then picked it up, but only to fall apart again.

41/42=83.

I had 5 birdies, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 7 bogeys, and 2 pars. I lost 3 balls which ate up some strokes, but I was trying to do a few things I normally wouldn't. I left a 6' eagle putt 2' short and 3 wacked a few greens.

Shot an 88. It was horrible but enjoyable

quick update
fir 57%
gir 56%
34 putts

my misses on the fair ways wa spretty much 1st cut so really happy today

Shot 84 at the Links At Carrilon in Plainfield, IL. First time playing the course. Ball striking was pretty good, driver behaved and putting was ok. Chipping and pitching wasn't all that good.

Interesting day. I have broke 90 twice this year, shooting a 84 and 85 I believe. I have shot over 90 multiple times (granted it was always 20+ mph winds and usuall 45*) and my ball striking was terrible. Between terrible wrist tendinitis and rain for 2 weeks straight this was the first time I had hit the ball in that long. I walked into the pro shop and saw a dirty CG 16 tour sitting there and asked if it was a demo club. The pro I know there told me no, it was his personal set. Long story short I ended up taking them out for a round. They were almost exactly my specs with the only difference being an S300 shaft as opposed to an X100.

Long story short I shot a 2 under 34. Coincidence? I have no idea. But these things are pretty nice. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the 18 due to holiday obligations. But I know now for sure....the clubs I have been gaming are silly.

Can't seem to figure out why I've been punishing myself for this long.

Great stuff Jrod, I hear you, the MB's are pretty, but I doubt I could hit them.

Great stuff Jrod, I hear you, the MB's are pretty, but I doubt I could hit them.

And before that Nike blades. I can't hit them perfect 40 our of my 44 iron shots a round, but the times I miss are usually very costly. I'm just sitting here baffled.

And before that Nike blades. I can't hit them perfect 40 our of my 44 iron shots a round, but the times I miss are usually very costly. I'm just sitting here baffled.

Yep, when you now see pro's playing GI cavity backs for some forgiveness what does that tell you? Some of those guys like Fred Couples says he hasn't missed the center of the clubface in 15 years!

Good stuff JRod, nice round. I have played with an MB 7 iron for a bit and found it took way too much concentration to hit it flush every time. I definitely prefer some forgiveness in my irons so I can just swing and not think.

Great job guy's, some nice scores coming in.

I was pretty excited to get down in the 82 or 83 range consistantly a few weeks ago, but now its almost silly. I find a way to shoot 41/42 almost every time out and just stuck at that spot. One or two better putts, or an approach shot here or there close would break 80. S close, yet so far.

My dads first kinda serious round today. He shot 104, great starting point.

I shot 80. 39-41. For some reason I just can't get off to a decent start. Only 1 birdie today, but played some relatively steady golf not including the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back