What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shot net 64 again today in our 4-ball tournament and ended up in 7th place out of 121 teams. Won $94 gift certificate. My partner shot lights out. I had a super start on the front nine with a birdie on the 2nd hole but my back 9 was not good. Luckily my partner was strong on both sides and held us together. I'm happy to be home after being gone for 4 days!

we shot net 64 again today in our 4-ball tournament and ended up in 7th place out of 121 teams. Won $94 gift certificate. My partner shot lights out. I had a super start on the front nine with a birdie on the 2nd hole but my back 9 was not good. Luckily my partner was strong on both sides and held us together. I'm happy to be home after being gone for 4 days!

great job kb!

Great job Kelly, glad things went well.

I shot a 48 last night in my league. 2 pars a triple a few doubles and a couple bogeys. I hit my driver really good for the first time this year and I scored better so things are starting to come around.

We shot net 64 again today in our 4-ball tournament and ended up in 7th place out of 121 teams. Won $94 gift certificate. My partner shot lights out. I had a super start on the front nine with a birdie on the 2nd hole but my back 9 was not good. Luckily my partner was strong on both sides and held us together. I'm happy to be home after being gone for 4 days!

Great shooting KB, that's what a partner is for, to pick up the holes that are not good. Sounds like you both contributed pretty heavily.

9 holes, 34 (-2). Got my short irons sorted out so I hit my wedges a lot better than yesterday. Silly three putt on the first, then a few scattered birdies and pars. Solid.

Decided to get a quick 9 in on the way home. The course was quite soft after the storms last night. Not a bad round (43). Had 2 pars, the rest bogeys. I had 2 gir, and should have had more but left quite a few approach irons 3-10 yards short of the green...not sure what was happening there. All in all not bad. Everything was straight or at least where I wanted it to go, and I had 2 putts on every green. I left a few putts out there too, but I was playing the greens as I am accustomed on this course, since they usually dry fairly fast, but they were still a little slow.

I shot an 81 today and I was happy with the score but even more excited about the circumstance that I played in. I had been practicing my short game today and was about to load up to head home, when two of the best players in our area asked me out for a round. One of them (Taylor Jernigan) is prepping for his shot at the Nationwide Tour. Taylor is a +3 handicapper and has won the Middle Ga. Championship and many more major amateur events in this area the last few years. The other player was Brent Thornton who is the golf coach at Central High School in Macon. Brent is a 2 handicap golfer and has won our Club Championship twice. I listed the names as anyone who is familiar with central ga golf will recognize at least one of these players. Playing golf with players this caliber is a bit of pressure to say the least. I stepped up to the plate and delivered. My short game was very good. My driver average and my irons a bit better than average. My putting was better than my average! Both players made me feel very good after the round with attaboys which made my day! I delivered under pressure, playing with the big boys and damn it I am proud :thumb:

I shot an 81 today and I was happy with the score but even more excited about the circumstance that I played in. I had been practicing my short game today and was about to load up to head home, when two of the best players in our area asked me out for a round. One of them (Taylor Jernigan) is prepping for his shot at the Nationwide Tour. Taylor is a +3 handicapper and has won the Middle Ga. Championship and many more major amateur events in this area the last few years. The other player was Brent Thornton who is the golf coach at Central High School in Macon. Brent is a 2 handicap golfer and has won our Club Championship twice. I listed the names as anyone who is familiar with central ga golf will recognize at least one of these players. Playing golf with players this caliber is a bit of pressure to say the least. I stepped up to the plate and delivered. My short game was very good. My driver average and my irons a bit better than average. My putting was better than my average! Both players made me feel very good after the round with attaboys which made my day! I delivered under pressure, playing with the big boys and damn it I am proud :thumb:

edit: oh and if I sound like I am bragging I am. I am proud of myself for not folding like a lawn chair :D

Well done Gray !!
I love playing with golfers that are better than me. It always seems to make me step up my game.
I played in a tourney last season with a +2 guy(who won the thing) and shot one of my best rounds of the season(75).

Good job OG! Nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Well done Gray !!
I love playing with golfers that are better than me. It always seems to make me step up my game.
I played in a tourney last season with a +2 guy(who won the thing) and shot one of my best rounds of the season(75).

Good job OG! Nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Right on Gray! Seems we always shoot our best playing with better players. Great score!!

Thanks guys! Today I was calm, enjoyed the weather, and got lost in the other guys great play. Taylor shot 65 and Brent 71. It was a whole lot of fun watching those boys and yep, it did help my game.

Good job Gray! I am sure your course was soft too after all the rain last night.

Great job Gray. Way to go buddy!!

Well I didn't get to play today, however we started leagues last night. It was a brisk 42* with 20 mph winds and we still played. Those guys are nuts. I shot pretty well considering in my opinion. I shot a 45 that's even with taking a 10 on a par 5. I had one blow up hole. Other than that I was extremely happy with hitting the ball. My drives wouldn't go anywhere but my irons went fine as well as my hybrid and fairways. I think I need a new driver. I'm not getting the distance I use to. Is it possible for a driver to lose it's "STRENGTH"? This is my 4th year with it playing about 80-100 times a year. I think it's time for a new one.

Shot a 43 on the front nine at my home course. Through the 30 mph winds, snow, and hail, and I shot a 43. Birdied the first hole and just downhill from there...

Well it wasnt today, but it was Monday at my team's home course for a tournament. I shot 74 with 4 bogey's, a double, and 4 birdie's, but I was T3 after all was said and done.

Opening day for Men's Twilight League for me in wet, blustery and pretty cool conditions. I was horrible -- the highest 9 hole score that I've ever recorded since I started playing 3 1/2 years ago: 56! Somehow I still managed to win 2 and tie 2 holes in match play but it was all doubles and triples with a single par -- maybe a single bogie. I don't recall. I couldn't hit any club in my bag other than the sand wedge. Very odd. Shot an 85 two weeks ago under slightly better conditions and that's more my average. No brooding, I'll grab a cognac and pretend it didn't happen!

Played only my second 18 hole round of the year (most of our high school events are nine hole matches) and shot a 76 on a par 72 course! I had two birdies, four bogeys, one double, and the rest pars. Overall I was pretty happy with my round as the conditions were pretty cold.

Played Briarwood at Wiltshire today- a short 18 hole course near my house, but only played the front (the harder of the two nines).

I was actually there for a purpose other than golf- I was with my students and they needed to film a "skit" for a series of videos getting put together for the hospital. Golf on the hospital dime? YES PLEASE! That said, the golf today was secondary and I think I left several strokes on the course by being preoccupied with other things going on.

Front Nine (35.7/113 @ 3014)
Shot a 42 with 15 putts. 1 Birdie, 4 Pars, 1 Bogey, 3 doubles, 1 Penalty stroke
3 fairways, 3 GIR.

I had 2 very good drives today and the rest were simply playable. I am working on the driver swing with my coach and while I wasn't 100% pleased with my swing it is much better than earlier in the year. I pulled all my irons today and am not sure where it came from. I missed several greens just a few feet left. I'll get on the range later this week and see if I can't find some explanation. My short games was on today- 3 one-putts, no 3 putts. I hit one long comeback knee-knocker but everything else was pretty "matter of fact". Its amazing how much better you shoot when you can put the ball 3 yards off the green to within 10ft on a regular basis.

Overall- It was a good day that had an opportunity to be a GREAT day and I just failed to convert. I would have loved to see what the back nine would have held. My game improved late in the round and the back nine is much easier than the front. I may have been able to challenge 80!

+10 thru 10 in the windiest conditions I've played in probably 10 years. Pretty cold too. But the wind & cold didn't force my round short, the slow play did. 3 hours to play 10 holes... brutal.

+10 thru 10 in the windiest conditions I've played in probably 10 years. Pretty cold too. But the wind & cold didn't force my round short, the slow play did. 3 hours to play 10 holes... brutal.
That's brutal in terms of slow play. Played in a tournament that slow once in searing heat where 25 cappers were walking off putts from 4 different angles. Half the field WD and didn't show up the second day because of dehydration.

That's brutal in terms of slow play. Played in a tournament that slow once in searing heat where 25 cappers were walking off putts from 4 different angles. Half the field WD and didn't show up the second day because of dehydration.

Wow, that beats my day. The marshal was apologetic and blamed overbooking. He also said due to the conditions, I was the only player he'd seen all day playing from the tips. So, apparently I was chilly, frustrated... and not too bright. :wink:

Got in 9 yesterday after work. UGH, got in between 2 leagues, just behind 2 kids that had NO business playing the blue tees and they were sharing a bag. Last 4 holes I had to wait on every shot, sometimes 10-15 mins (no sht). Shot a smooth 47.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back