NFL Draft Contest & Thread

*Saints fans search for middle finger icon*

Here's the tweet: "It's been fun New Orleans. (flashes peace sign on fingers icon)"

then 3 hrs later tweets: "Congrats to Mark Ingram on being selected to New Orleans. He will be a great addition to the Saints backfield just as he was in Alabama"

*Saints fans search for middle finger icon*

Agreed.

Reggie has definitely worn out his welcome in NO. The city never embraced him as they did Deuce McAllister and Reggie really never cared much for NO himself. I believe Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory will stay on but Bush and his $11 million price tag this year are history. He simply doesn't do enough for the team to deserve that kind of paycheck.

Peter King's thoughts on the Vikes taking Christian Ponder early

Christian Ponder is, quite simply, the classic example of a quarterback who was overpicked in the first round, the way we'd heard so many of them would be. But the Vikings obviously figured they liked Locker and Ponder, and they couldn't trade down to gather currency in rounds two or three. So they sat at 12 and picked a developmental quarterback they felt they had to have

If that's what he truly is then #12 is really high then....never mind I thought the Jags would take him at #10

Way to go Nate! Good pickin'.

Congrats Nate! And your Crystal ball.

Congrats Nate!

Congrats Nate!

Congrats Nate!

WOW! Nice going Nate!

I don't know if I missed any talk about the Broncos picking Von Miller but I gotta say I'm loving that pick. As a Broncos fan and glaring holes in our defense this was solid. There is plenty of depth for the broncos to grab 2 DL still (ahem BOWERS) excuse me. I still think the vikings reached big time on Ponder at 12. But not having a 2nd round pick and nothing to really package to fall back with, they had to get him where they did if that was their guy.

WOW! Nice going Nate!

I don't know if I missed any talk about the Broncos picking Von Miller but I gotta say I'm loving that pick. As a Broncos fan and glaring holes in our defense this was solid. There is plenty of depth for the broncos to grab 2 DL still (ahem BOWERS) excuse me. I still think the vikings reached big time on Ponder at 12. But not having a 2nd round pick and nothing to really package to fall back with, they had to get him where they did if that was their guy.

I am too. I hope he is hugely successful because having listened to some of his interviews and hearing from some teams, the guy is just a good person. Now obviously people change and things happen, but I hope this man stays true to himself because everything I have heard is that he is one of the good guys.

Interesting statistic. 24 of the 32 teams had him listed as the best interview of the entire draft class. That is a staggering number and something I have never seen before (best I had seen previously was 16).

I am too. I hope he is hugely successful because having listened to some of his interviews and hearing from some teams, the guy is just a good person. Now obviously people change and things happen, but I hope this man stays true to himself because everything I have heard is that he is one of the good guys.

Interesting statistic. 24 of the 32 teams had him listed as the best interview of the entire draft class. That is a staggering number and something I have never seen before (best I had seen previously was 16).

I like hearing about the good guys for sure... I also love to hear about how bad some of the prodigy's do on the Wunderlich. Hilarious fodder there!

Nicely done nate!!

Well I was wrong on the 5 QB's being taken in the first round, but wasnt to far off since there were 4. I was really really surprised that no one moved up and got mallet or locker at the end of the first round. Im thinking they might be gone within the first 6 picks of the second round.

WOW!!! Thanks Hackers/JB/GolferGal!! I thought I might finish a couple short but what a nice surprise! Once SanFran went with Smith over Gabbert I thought I was toast. Being a Cowboys fan I love the Smith (USC) pick!! Many experts and scouts have commented on what a bright kid this is and how built he is for this position. I guess getting Romo knocked out halfway thought last season is as good as any reason to get yourself a stud OT. They also have an opportunity to get one of the top S in the draft now but maybe they'll wait till the 3rd round of that.

Thanks again Hackers!!! :joy:

Nicely done nate!!

Well I was wrong on the 5 QB's being taken in the first round, but wasnt to far off since there were 4. I was really really surprised that no one moved up and got mallet or locker at the end of the first round. Im thinking they might be gone within the first 6 picks of the second round.

That would have been hard since Locker was gone. hehe, I think you are talking about Dalton

I predicted 5 with Ryan going at the end of the 1st. 4 is very strong and considering how the draft went, it would have been feasible to see 6.

So where does Mallett go now? Buffalo even with Bowers still on the board? Cincy? Denver? Wash?

Nice Job Nate

That would have been hard since Locker was gone. hehe, I think you are talking about Dalton

I predicted 5 with Ryan going at the end of the 1st. 4 is very strong and considering how the draft went, it would have been feasible to see 6.

Haha whoops. Ya I ment Dalton. Was looking at Locker on my piece of paper thinking Dalton then typed locker. Doh.

I bet it was real close to being 6. I think if one the teams that needed a qb jumped up and took mallet or Dalton then another team would have been right behind them getting the other.

So where does Mallett go now? Buffalo even with Bowers still on the board? Cincy? Denver? Wash?

That is the million dollar question. Im just not sure as of right now.

Buffalo is not having the best "fan activity" right now with issues, so I would be surprised to see them take a player with off the field concerns...But at the same time, fans want them to take a QB. I would think they go Defense with their pick, but they need so much, I am just not sure.

JB. Any good info on the Alabama OT that the Seahawks took? His size is impresssive and I know Saban said he compared pretty good to Andre Smith (who he replaced). I just don't know much about him and by all accounts he was rated a 2nd rounder. You are in SEC country... any good or bad thoughts?

My guess is that unless someone trades up to get him early he may go to Cincy. I think the Bills can't pass up Bowers in the 2nd round (knee or no knee) which would make their D line much much better. Cincy seems to be a great spot to plug a QB in right away knowing C. Palmer is going to be traded regardless of whether Mallett has had issues or not. the Bengals have had Chris Henry, Ocho Cinco, TO, so off-field stuff should be easy for them lol

That is the million dollar question. Im just not sure as of right now.

Buffalo is not having the best "fan activity" right now with issues, so I would be surprised to see them take a player with off the field concerns...But at the same time, fans want them to take a QB. I would think they go Defense with their pick, but they need so much, I am just not sure.

Congrats Nate! Way to pick em!

JB. Any good info on the Alabama OT that the Seahawks took? His size is impresssive and I know Saban said he compared pretty good to Andre Smith (who he replaced). I just don't know much about him and by all accounts he was rated a 2nd rounder. You are in SEC country... any good or bad thoughts?

Yes. He failed to qualify at Iowa St so went the JUCO route. He was considered a sleeper based on going mid-late 2nd round, in the late 1st, it is a reach, but has potential. Played T and G, but lacks the speed to handle quick ends with a good first move to play LT in the NFL. Best suited for RT or even back to guard and is a far better run blocker than a pass blocker. He has short arms for a big OL and once in a while seems to get confused with schemes that involve a lot of movement.

A month ago he was a 3rd round pick based on strength numbers and some other weaknesses, but interviewed well and had some good workouts. He will compete for a starting job early, but is not a shoe in leading in.

Yes. He failed to qualify at Iowa St so went the JUCO route. He was considered a sleeper based on going mid-late 2nd round, in the late 1st, it is a reach, but has potential. Played T and G, but lacks the speed to handle quick ends with a good first move to play LT in the NFL. Best suited for RT or even back to guard and is a far better run blocker than a pass blocker. He has short arms for a big OL and once in a while seems to get confused with schemes that involve a lot of movement.

A month ago he was a 3rd round pick based on strength numbers and some other weaknesses, but interviewed well and had some good workouts. He will compete for a starting job early, but is not a shoe in leading in.

Man, I really wanted J Smith. Kelly Jennings is so bad. One of the worst starting CB in the NFL. Thanks for the info. I'm hoping they see something is the kid that others don't.

Back