NFL Draft Contest & Thread

Congrats Nate, very impressive.

Congrats Nate, great picks. That was one of the tougher years to predict.

Congrats Nate, nice picks indeed.

Sleeper pick coming.

Randall Cobb. I did not think he was a 1st round pick but I think he will be 1st round talent long term.
He is a former QB (LH too) and can play anywhere on the offense position player wise.
Some compare him to Antwan RE, but that is not fair to him. Antwan was a QB in college and adjusted well to WR, but was not a productive college WR early on.
He ran and caught extremely well against SEC defenses
His 40 time is slow at 4.46, but its deceptive because his agility and quickness were considered upper echelon.
He will play the slot most likely and loves contact and going across the middle. He has strong hands and can go and get the ball.

The only knock on him outside of 40 time right now is they say he needs "polishing". Keep an eye on him and if he falls to the 3rd, hope your favorite team grabs him. It might take a year, but this kid has skills and oh yeah, how about the best part....The kid is a GREAT person. Huge in charitable events and time. Majored in leadership development and is one of the nicest people you can find. Extremely hard worker that wants this as much as anybody else.

He's a guy I want on my team and will want it even more based on 2nd and 3rd round money being lower. Look for a team that with a solid passing attack to take a chance on him and they are going to get a good one.

The contest is over and all, but, apparently, I suck at Mock Drafts!

Congrats on the great picking Nate! enjoy your prize pack.

Congrats Nate. I think I ended up with 2 right

Sleeper pick coming.

Randall Cobb. I did not think he was a 1st round pick but I think he will be 1st round talent long term.
He is a former QB (LH too) and can play anywhere on the offense position player wise.
Some compare him to Antwan RE, but that is not fair to him. Antwan was a QB in college and adjusted well to WR, but was not a productive college WR early on.
He ran and caught extremely well against SEC defenses
His 40 time is slow at 4.46, but its deceptive because his agility and quickness were considered upper echelon.
He will play the slot most likely and loves contact and going across the middle. He has strong hands and can go and get the ball.

The only knock on him outside of 40 time right now is they say he needs "polishing". Keep an eye on him and if he falls to the 3rd, hope your favorite team grabs him. It might take a year, but this kid has skills and oh yeah, how about the best part....The kid is a GREAT person. Huge in charitable events and time. Majored in leadership development and is one of the nicest people you can find. Extremely hard worker that wants this as much as anybody else.

He's a guy I want on my team and will want it even more based on 2nd and 3rd round money being lower. Look for a team that with a solid passing attack to take a chance on him and they are going to get a good one.

Nice call! Im pretty sure he broke/set a lot of records at Kentucky. I watched I think 2 maybe 3 games were kentucky played and he tore it up. Wildcat, Outside WR, slot, reverses, think he lined up in the back field a number of times, you name it he did it.

My 2 sleepers are Edmond Gates (WR from ACU) One of my best friends is a coach there so I used to hear about him from time to time. Think he will go late 2nd round to middle 3rd round. He will be a #2 or #3 WR. I look at him as a devon bess. He is only 5'11 190 runs a 4.37 but is really really quick in and out of breaks. Probably wont have a big impact right away but in 2-3 years I look at him exactly like a devon bess. 60-70 catches and around 700-800 yards.

My other is Kendall hunter. I think its mostly due to me being a homer to the Big 12 and liking Oklahoma state. He isnt very big or runs a fast 40, actually its considered pretty slow at 4.5. But he is quick and can be a very good 3rd down back. Probably wont have an immediate impact (depending were he goes) but once he bulks up a little and maybe get the 40 time down some, he could be a good back.

Round 2 is underway. I will be here till about 8-8:30 central time then Im heading out, so hopefully someone is here to talk with me.

Pats take a CB- Ras-I Dowling Virgina.

Woah, Aaron williams to the bills. CB From Texas. Probably will play FS.

Bengals on the clock. Im thinking they go mallet here.

Nope. They take Andy Dalton.

Mallet still there. 49ers coming up next(traded with broncos) and Cardinals coming up at 38 could grab him, also have the redskins at 41 who could trade up to get him.

Woah!!!! 49ers take Collin Kaepernick over mallet at pick 36. Did not see that one coming.

I feel like a moron talking to myself, but o well haha

Cardinals take ryan williams. Hmmm Guess no more beanie.

Cards have 4 rb's now. Beanie, Hightower, Stephens-howling and now R. Williams

Cowboys could have a real good chance at bowers. He is still on the board, there only 1 pick away.

Im pumped right now. Titans didnt take bowers. Come on cowboys take him! He was #1 pick not to long ago. Take a chance on him, it cant hurt anything. The upside of picking him is HUGE.

edit: Well they took Bruce Carter. OLB from North Carolina. Tore his ACL last year. They said he would have been a top 15 pick if not for that injury. This was clearly a future pick, hopefully it pays off.

I would like to toot my own horn here. I said dalton would go 35th and he did, makes me feel good haha

Last few picks

Jarvis Jenkins- DT to redskins
Brooks Reed-LB to Texans
Kyle Rudolph- TE to vikings
Titus Young- WR to lions

Last edited:
Glad you are tooting your horn but where Dalton went was not a tiebreaker question. hehehe

Whoops, Thats what i put in my email though. Dalton-35 Was suppose to be ponder that was the tie breaker. O well, it didnt matter anwyas. I did terrible.

Guess I better fix my post.

The more I think about, the more I see Ponder could have the best season out of the Qb's. Has sidney rice and percy harvin to throw to, and Adrian Peterson to take most of the pressure off. He could have a pretty good year. The vikings do need a little OL help though.

Bowers finally goes to the bucs. I think thats a great pick by them. I hope his knee holds up.

Not sure I like that pick by Dallas. I would have loved to see bowers go to Dallas but for once Jerry doesn't want to take a chance.

Not sure I like that pick by Dallas. I would have loved to see bowers go to Dallas but for once Jerry doesn't want to take a chance.

Trust me, you'll like Bruce Carter. He's one of those guys that gets no spotlight but is a stat stuffer.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Trust me, you'll like Bruce Carter. He's one of those guys that gets no spotlight but is a stat stuffer.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I hope so dude. We need LB help

He actually took a chance by drafting Carter. He tore his ACL. Was considered a top 15 pick by the 'experts' before the injury so it was a big risk. I hope it pays off.

Back