TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Review Thread

Okay I ordered these on the 26th of April. Now I hear the ship date isn't till May 9. Argh I was hoping to have these sooner. I need to get use to them before playing with THPer's in June. Come on expedite my order!
Any order status updates bullfrog? I hope they get to you early, you have to be dying waiting for these to arrive. I know I was very anxious to receive mine!

Any order status updates bullfrog? I hope they get to you early, you have to be dying waiting for these to arrive. I know I was very anxious to receive mine!

Unfortionatly I saw in another post that bullfrog's house/apartment got broken in to. I ordered my clubs on April 25 and I was told they would be shiped on May 5th and arriving on May 9th.

Unfortionatly I saw in another post that bullfrog's house/apartment got broken in to. I ordered my clubs on April 25 and I was told they would be shiped on May 5th and arriving on May 9th.
Yeah I saw that post too, at least his new irons weren't jacked too. That would have really sucked.

May 9th huh? I'll bet you're super excited too, what irons were you using prior to the switch?

Nope no order update yet. But yes I'm glad they weren't there to get stolen. My friends keep telling me I had a new R11 driver and Fairway woods stolen too.... HA HA.... But I'm not like that I'm only claiming what was stolen. What goes around comes around!!! It was my house.

May 9th huh? I'll bet you're super excited too, what irons were you using prior to the switch?

I am coming from a knock of of 18 year old king cobras (king snakes). This is my first real set of golf clubs and my frinds claim I will be shooting under par once I get these dialed in. So deffenatly excited to get these and make the adjustments to a good set of irons.

Nope no order update yet. But yes I'm glad they weren't there to get stolen. My friends keep telling me I had a new R11 driver and Fairway woods stolen too.... HA HA.... But I'm not like that I'm only claiming what was stolen. What goes around comes around!!! It was my house.

That's good of you...insurance fraud aint no joke. I hope everything gets replaced! Did they steal any clubs?

hey everyone,
I've been to this site a few times to get some info on clubs, gotta say I love the site! I finally joined as a member today:) I'm debating on ordering either the tp mb or the tp mc irons. I'm a pretty long hitter, driver is a nike sumo 8.5 degree, i can hit it around 300 avg, once in a while i'll rope one 330 or so. right now i have tm rac lt's and they've been great to me, but I've had them 6 or 7 years and it's time for a new set. I'm a 2 handicap, pw about 145 and 3 iron about 225, i'm looking for a little more workability though. i can shape shots decent with the racs, but i want to be able to do a bit more. Given my info which set would you suggest? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely,
Kirk - glad to be a member:)

Yeah you're a smart man, don't go messing around and getting yourself in trouble on top of the rest of the headaches! I'm anxious for you to get your irons, I really hope to hear that you hit the ground running with them. I think you will.

I am coming from a knock of of 18 year old king cobras (king snakes). This is my first real set of golf clubs and my frinds claim I will be shooting under par once I get these dialed in. So deffenatly excited to get these and make the adjustments to a good set of irons.
Ah yes, the King Snakes, I'm familiar with them. I had a few friends that had those irons. You're going to really the TP MBs man, they'll be so much smoother and likely even easier to hit than your snakes are. Under par is a nice goal to have, go get em!

4 more days till shipped! Yippee getting closer. I can't wait to make the ball fly with these babies!!! I definitely hope my heads back in the game by the time they get here. But I will have to wait for an R11 driver now that I have other expenses. Damn B & Eer's. Sorry again.

4 more days till shipped! Yippee getting closer. I can't wait to make the ball fly with these babies!!! I definitely hope my heads back in the game by the time they get here. But I will have to wait for an R11 driver now that I have other expenses. Damn B & Eer's. Sorry again.
4 more days plus the shipping should mean you'll have these babies in hand by next week Friday or so. I am really interested in your experience with these irons, I'm interested in everyone's thoughts obviously but I'm really looking forward to what you have to say about these. Soon.....we'll find out soon!

4 more days plus the shipping should mean you'll have these babies in hand by next week Friday or so. I am really interested in your experience with these irons, I'm interested in everyone's thoughts obviously but I'm really looking forward to what you have to say about these. Soon.....we'll find out soon!

I'm sure I will struggle with them at first but that's what I'm looking forward to. Actually seeing my flaws!! I hit the ball okay for an amateur. Recently has been rough with not having my head into playing, but that's just my head game...

I just called the pro shop. Clubs shipped yesterday! So Monday or Tuesday they will be here!

I just called to check on mine. Still a ship date of the 9th. BOO HOO.

Unfortunately I had to say no to the MB. The place I had ordered them from contacted me and said that I wouldn't get the MB until the end of June. So... I swapped out the MB for a straight set of MC from 3-PW. I'm sure they'll still be amazing compared to what I was using. Can't wait to get em! :)

I just called the pro shop. Clubs shipped yesterday! So Monday or Tuesday they will be here!
Sweet!

I just called to check on mine. Still a ship date of the 9th. BOO HOO.
You can still hold out hope for them to show up Friday, probably more realistically though would be Monday the 16th. Still not real far off!

Unfortunately I had to say no to the MB. The place I had ordered them from contacted me and said that I wouldn't get the MB until the end of June. So... I swapped out the MB for a straight set of MC from 3-PW. I'm sure they'll still be amazing compared to what I was using. Can't wait to get em! :)
Wow, the MBs must be getting some love out there then if that's the case! I'm sure TaylorMade didn't produce as many sets of front but it's nice to hear that! Good luck with the MCs!!

Wow, the MBs must be getting some love out there then if that's the case! I'm sure TaylorMade didn't produce as many sets of front but it's nice to hear that! Good luck with the MCs!!

At least over here, they're struggling to keep their deliveries due to demand.

Well, I actually woke up today in a good mood. With everything going on at home, it's been a rough month so far! But I did wake up realizing that my clubs ship today!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!

Well, I actually woke up today in a good mood. With everything going on at home, it's been a rough month so far! But I did wake up realizing that my clubs ship today!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!

Awesome man can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

My Tour Preferred MB will be arriving tomorrow! I hit my new Rescue 11TP yesterday and I have never loved hitting a club more. I should have time to hit these tomorrow if not then on Wed. for sure.

My Tour Preferred MB will be arriving tomorrow! I hit my new Rescue 11TP yesterday and I have never loved hitting a club more. I should have time to hit these tomorrow if not then on Wed. for sure.

Yippee for you. Mine won't be in my hands by then. BOO HOO. Been waiting since Apr 26. Can't wait till they are here. I may have my R11 by the weekend. I have someone who wants my old TM Firesole clubs for $300. So I will gladly sell those for that $$$ and add a little to get the R11 TP! Sounds like a done deal tho!!

Yippee for you. Mine won't be in my hands by then. BOO HOO. Been waiting since Apr 26. Can't wait till they are here. I may have my R11 by the weekend. I have someone who wants my old TM Firesole clubs for $300. So I will gladly sell those for that $$$ and add a little to get the R11 TP! Sounds like a done deal tho!!

Awesome! I am slowly becoming a Taylor Made *****. Oh well they make great gof equipment so I do not mind.

Welcome to my world!!! LOL

Although blades are above my skill level I have seen a lot of really nice blades come out or about to come out from other companies. I think it would be cool if some THP'ers could have a head-2-head showdown with a few of these other OEM blades at the Outing. I'd love to hear some feedback, my one buddy (who I've been trying to get to join the site) is looking for a new set of blades and was telling me he's on the fence with about 3-4 different sets.

And he waiting game continues.....scheduled to arrive today. I called the pro shop and they have not gotten there UPS shipment today. I should have asked for the tracking number but I have called twice in the last two days.

Back