Recent content by edhalsim

1. E

Confused as to how to improve

Been playing for 50 years. and I'm about an 8-10 hcp. Had tons of lessons and my swing is decent; I'm not coming off the butt line and my hips are open; my shaft at impact is exactly on the elbow plane; I'm not standing up. I could upload videos. I hit way too many crazy iron shots...
  2. E

Do I have a reasonable chance of REALLY improving?

Swing path has to be in-to-out with a square or closed clubface. I likely need to swing more to the left to try to straighten the path. It's funny; I used to play a draw, but now I have a really hard time starting the ball to the right and drawing it back and if I try to cut the ball it...
  3. E

I should have mentioned those. I'm playing from the whites already. Driver 250y, 5i-190y, 8i 150y, SW-100y
  4. E

Hi, I'm 62, but in really good health. I used to shoot in the mid 70s-mid 80s from the blue tees. Now I shoot in the low 80s to low 90s from the whites. My driver is my best club, but I've lost count of the number of doubles I've had from the middle of the fairway. I only hit a handful of...
  5. E

How do you improve if taking lessons isn't the answer?

Wow! Tons of great advice! Thanks. FYI, I just turned 60, but I'm blessed in that I have no physical or health issues. What drives me nuts is I drive it 270ish. usually in the fairway and then it can take me 4 or even 5 shots from there. I played yesterday and SUCCESS! Shot 40/40=80. Hit...
  6. E

How do you improve if taking lessons isn't the answer?

This may sound dumb. Most everyone thinks the way to improve at golf is to take lessons. I've had dozens of lessons from probably a dozen different coaches over the years and my index has gone from about a 6 to 10.0. One guy said he's seen scratch players with worse swings than mine if you...
  7. E

My brain won't let me break 90

WOW! I'm overwhelmed in a very positive way with all the kind replies. I'll definitely take them to heart and we'll see how it goes. I'm confident they will help!
  8. E

My brain won't let me break 90

Hi, I'm 60, in good health, and I've been playing since I was a teenager. I've always been single digit shooting low 80s and now and then breaking 70. As I took lessons trying to improve over the course of a few years, all I've done is get worse. Recently, I've shot 7 rounds in a row of 90+...
Back