Recent content by salisboss

1. salisboss

What are you building? (Club style)

I am buying a new house with a shop room in the basement and I want to outfit it to do golf club work. I don't feel like going back through so what equipment should I get?
  2. salisboss

LPGA Championship

I am going to the LPGA Championship tomorrow. I have never been to a golf tournament before and was wondering how you all take it in? Do you follow a group? Do you find a spot and hang there?
  3. salisboss

Bermuda Golf?

In August my wife and I are taking a cruise to Bermuda where we will have about 3 days in Bermuda. My wife floated to me that she would be cool with me golfing and she would go to a spa or something. I know its expensive so cost notwithstanding, what would some must play courses?
  4. salisboss

Hooking Alot

So recently my draw has become a bad hook that is worse with my driver and progressively gets less bad as I go down my bag. On the range yesterday I was told that I am rolling my forearms alot on the way back and on the way through. What types of things can I do to fix this? I tried as a stopgap...
  5. salisboss

Cutting Putter Shaft

If I choke down or cut off 1.5" off my putter how much weight should I add to the head. I was fit by SeeMore to 33.5 but I am so much better chking to 32 or so but the head feels a touch light.
  6. salisboss

Home of the Unofficial Armpit Cup - North vs South Jersey

Since there are so many guys I haven't met, I am this guy.
  7. salisboss

Adding foreign rounds to handicap

When I am in England for work next month I plan on getting at least two rounds in and I was wondering how to add them for handicap purposes? Over there it seems like they only have rating and no slope. Has anyone ever tried doing this?
  8. salisboss

Non-OEM sleeves

I want to get some MyFly8 sleeves to do some shaft testing. How do the non-OEM tips on eBay compare to OEM in durability and quality?
  9. salisboss

The death of Miyazaki?

Read in a Q&A today on Golfworks.com that Srixon (who owns Miyazaki) is killing the brand? Has this been discussed on here before?
  10. salisboss

MPF Rating and Shafts

Have people had success finding a shaft using the MPF ratings on GolfWorks. I came out as a 4B2M which gave me a ton of shafts. Have people had success with this and a jumping off point?
  11. salisboss

The Putter Refinishing Thread

Before and after photos of my bronze fgp. Still have to polish and do paint fill but it already looks so much better.
  12. salisboss

WTB Callaway Apex Heads or Sets

I am looking to pick up a cheap set of right handed Apex heads or a set I can pull the shafts from.
  13. salisboss

Newcastle-upon Tyne week of April 13th

I will be across the pond in the Newcastle upon Tyne area for work during the first week of May. A) What courses should play while I am there as I plan on taking my sticks? B) Any THPers live in the area and may want to play after work or during the day. My meeting is tentatively scheduled for...
  14. salisboss

Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Maya

Looking for all-inclusive resorts worth staying at in the thread title area. Adults only would be a plus but not necessarily mandatory. Golf is also not mandatory but if there is a resort that meets the first two criteria and has a nice course worth playing that would be a double plus.
  15. salisboss

Adding weight

I want to cut my driver from 45" to 44". That is a lot of lead tape. What are some other ways to weight to get the SW back to normal?
Back