LPGA Championship

salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to the LPGA Championship tomorrow. I have never been to a golf tournament before and was wondering how you all take it in? Do you follow a group? Do you find a spot and hang there?

All depends on what you want to see. I usually hang out at the range and putting green for a while. I'll walk the course and watch players and it there is a group you are interested in I will follow them. It all depends on you.

All depends on what you want to see. I usually hang out at the range and putting green for a while. I'll walk the course and watch players and it there is a group you are interested in I will follow them. It all depends on you.

I agree. My wife and I normally just find a good hole like a par 3 and camp out most of the day and then maybe find a spot along 18 and watch the last group(s) come through.

I like to find a spot where a few holes intersect so i can go back & forth, if it rains I find a nice bar in a tent & drink John Daly's all day :)

I would have a difficult time staying in one place...heck I would have a difficult time watching any group other than Sandra Gals.

I would have a difficult time staying in one place...heck I would have a difficult time watching any group other than Sandra Gals.
(Insert inappropriate thoughts about Sandra Gal here.)

She is a real looker for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only took 5 posts :angel:

Id just follow Lexi

I like to get there early and walk the course, especially if its a course I have not played or will not be able to. (private-exclusive) then follow a couple of groups for a few holes and then grab some food and post up at a nice approach or par three for some time. I don't like to sit still so this is my usual pattern. I do usually make it a point to walk the course from the fist tee.

Well....how was it? Overwhelming or one of the coolest sporting events you've ever been to or not that interesting or..??

More LPGA events need to be showed on major networks. Love the golf I'm watching right now.

Lexi is -8 through 13 and 3 back. Playing really damn well, hasn't missed a GIR as of yet.

Lexi is -8 through 13 and 3 back. Playing really damn well, hasn't missed a GIR as of yet.
Yeah she's on fire! I think we could see a very exciting finish to this

Maybe it's just me paying more attention to it, but it seems like the LPGA is moving in the right direction

Maybe it's just me paying more attention to it, but it seems like the LPGA is moving in the right direction

Agreed. Hey seem to be advancing women's golf very nicely. Kpmg was a great partner.

It was great. I stayed between the Wie and Gulbis groups. They was maybe 200 people around at any time so you get close. The Wie/Pressel group was silent, but the Woods/Gulbis/Henderson group were friendly with each other and the crowd. Polar opposites. Very enjoyable and the LPGA went all out on this.

Did miss piggy win?

Did miss piggy win?

Really?

Yes, Ms Park won. 3 days without a bogey, super impressive for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Really?

Yes, Ms Park won. 3 days without a bogey, super impressive for sure.

It's actually mrs.

Sorry if I offended ?

It's actually mrs.

Sorry if I offended ?

Haha fair point

Its all good man, I was probably being a little sensitive. I've just heard too many people in the past focus on her weight instead of her play - which was astounding this week.

LPGA Championship

Haha fair point

Its all good man, I was probably being a little sensitive. I've just heard too many people in the past focus on her weight instead of her play - which was astounding this week.

I could see how it could e misconstrued.

The similarity is just too much

Plus she never smiles, which for some reason bugs me.

Great player though.

Edit: I also was in no means speaking of her weight just the facial features . I really don't think she is "big"

I could see how it could e misconstrued.

The similarity is just too much

Plus she never smiles, which for some reason bugs me.

Great player though.

Edit: I also was in no means speaking of her weight just the facial features . I really don't think she is "big"

Good deal man, no worries.

I'm with you on the smiles by the way...as good as she is, watching her play is kinda like watching paint dry hahaha

Is Lexi still playing the Cobra S2 Forged? It's going to be hard to replace them they are almost the perfect iron imo.

Is Lexi still playing the Cobra S2 Forged? It's going to be hard to replace them they are almost the perfect iron imo.

Idk but she still uses the Amp Cell driver. It is solid but IMO the Bio Cell or Fly-Z are way better.

Back