Recent content by scottaz

1. S

How are you with noises *near* the course?

One of my playing partners, great guy, but crazy sensitive. He rides, drives up ahead of us and if we're walking 90 yards behind him, he'll back away until we stop. Not sure how he even sees us while looking down at the ball. Any noise at all, he steps away from the ball. Plays well and fast...
  2. S

Ping i230 Irons

Was told taking orders in September.
  3. S

Ball searching? Beware Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac, as well as Ticks

Had a ball in play, but I had to stand in the high stuff during a round last summer. A few holes later, if felt like someone hit me with a bat higher up on my hamstring. Kind of went away but that night woke up with the sweats and felt awful. Next morning big bullseye. Not even sure how the tick...
  4. S

Ping i230 Irons

I'll be testing these out whenever they're released. If they found a way to improve the performance of the 210's, they'll sell boatloads. This type of design fits so many different levels of players.
  5. S

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

Love me some raw wedges. 54*, S-Grind in the Chrome finish. These look great. I play 3 times a week and would be happy to share my thoughts after each round.
  6. S

Gloves, how often do you change them?

I have about 4 high quality gloves I start out with each year and rotate and put them in a ziplock bag and seal after each round. These will last me 130 rounds easy.
  7. S

Signup Now Open: 2022 Titleist Experience

I can't wait to see their new line up of woods. I've had the TSi3 driver and TSi2 16.5 in the bag since their release. Hard to imagine any improvements can be made. Perfection.
  8. S

How many shots do you hit in a YEAR..?

I play about 130 rounds per year. Based on my average score that's about 9,750. Hit about 20 balls on the range before each round. 12,400. Add in another 2k for days I'm working on something on the course during a solo round. So about 15k.
  9. S

Let's talk about why you DON'T you move back a tee?

I tend to feel bad when I'm playing with others who are all playing up. I also walk and most don't. It can get a little awkward on at each box. My friends say they don't mind and I keep up but it's kind of in my head each hole. So I switch it up but play about 3-4 strokes better from the tips...
  10. S

Does your handicap travel well?

My club's rating and slope is 74 145. OB everywhere on almost every hole. Playing anywhere else feels like cheating, but I don't do it much.
  11. S

Regular golf partners / biggest age difference..?

Biggest age difference both ways is about 25. I love playing with older guys. The ones I play with are all humble, single caps. They keep things in perspective, share wisdom, are complimentary and easy going. They're about 20-22 years older. I like mixing those rounds in with my regular group...
  12. S

CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

CSX LS I'm already stocked up for the season. Have a few 21's left too.
  13. S

How exact do you mark it?

I place it as close to the ball as possible without touching it, then reverse the process.
  14. S

Mizuno T22 Wedges

I've played in every condition with mine and haven't found a flaw yet. The S gw has been the biggest surprise. It does everything I want. I've bonded hard with this one. I've played a Vokey D grind the past two years. Transitioning to the T22 D was smooth. The X grind is a fun club, if it fits...
Back