Recent content by thecolonel

1. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

Tested today I preferred the Miyazaki C kua R (5212) over the Aldila synergy 50R Better ball flight, slightly higher Better contact, ball stayed in air longer To test it, I switched back to Aldila and the heel strikes came back Would really appreciate feedback on COST of these shafts...
  2. T

Miyazaki C Kua 39R flex code 5212

Tested today I preferred the Miyazaki C kua R (5212) over the Aldila synergy 50R Better ball flight, slightly higher Better contact, ball stayed in air longer To test it, I switched back to Aldila and the heel strikes came back Would really appreciate feedback on COST of these shafts...
  3. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

Crikey, that's interesting, going heavier at 65! The C Kua 39 is in my driver now and will be trialled tomorrow, weather permitting... Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
  4. T

Good question. I should've said really Just too many poor contact drives. Actually the first time I got the club I played 9 holes with it and hated it!! Lots of heel strikes and awful ball flight. But I gave it another go and I definitely improved and that's 2 years now! But last 6 months...
  5. T

Anyone got this or used before in a driver? I've had a C Kua 39g (6424 flex code - in a Cleveland Launcher SL290) 5 years ago and was OK at the time. But I'm getting slower (82mph now, down from 89mph) Concerned this shaft might be a bit too whippy? I'm not exactly famed for my ball striking...
  6. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

Noted and not surprising. However did you feel that you hit it better/further(with A flex over R flex)? And was that the impression or hard data from trackman etc? Thanks Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
  7. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

Interesting. But what is your typical clubhead speed and typical total distance? Thanks Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
  8. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

This was the C Kua 39g Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
  9. T

Moving to a Senior shaft

My driver is a Callaway XR Speed 10.5 loft with an Aldila Synergy 50 R flex. It's approx 3 years old and has a value of around £100($135) I've lost quite a bit of speed as I'm 59 now, have some physical issues, and I've gone from 89 to 82mph last 5 years. I'm just not striking(or timing) my...
  10. T

Golfer on Tour that everyone seems to love, but you can’t stand?

Rose. And his so called gold medal when most didn't turn up. And his sickly sweet politeness that you can just see right through Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  11. T

Best Rock Album of All Time from Start to Finish?

My Desert Island Disc(album) would be..... Pink Floyd- Dark Side of The Moon. If hypothetically that wasn't available it would be... The Who - Who's Next or A Perfect Circle - Mer des Noms/eMotive Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  12. T

Driver Off The Deck

Recently saw both Thomas Pieters and Eddie Pepperell hitting drivers off deck into par 5s at Abu Dhabi. Id love to know how much further that shot goes for them than a 3w.... Thoughts anyone? Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  13. T

Driver Off The Deck

I think the main reason I'm more consistent with driver off deck than a conventional 3 wood is probably quite simple. When you look down at a 3 wood you think you can smash it miles with ease! When you look down at a driver off the deck you're just praying you hit the clubface! So you slow...
  14. T

Driver Off The Deck

Ps to my own post. I've spent the last week testing a theory that I had when I posted but I wasn't confident about, but now I am! I'm now absolutely certain from the fairway in more accurate with my driver than I am with my 3 wood! Now, maybe on average the 3 wood might go a little further but...
  15. T

Driver Off The Deck

Not read all replies so may be repeating I find this shot quite easy... relatively speaking. I have a theory that outside of a very skilled player then if you have a certain type of (nb faulty) swing then this shot is quite manageable In that if you're flat back, steeper down and tend to hit...
Back