Recent content by Thedoswells

1. T

Going to watch, advice please

Hi hoping to go to watch some of the British masters soon and haven't been to a tournament for a very long time. just wondering how to play the day. Whether to follow a group, hang back on a hole and watch several go through etc. also hoping there will be some merchandise to look at etc. im...
  2. T

Confused, could be me but could be clubs.. Please help

Hi Would love opinions on this. I play with one guy mostly and here is the odd thing. we both are off about 12. Our wedges go about the same distance, maybe half a club difference. from 9 iron to my 5 wood and his hybrid, it's nearly always 1 club diff, with him being longer. We don't have any...
  3. T

Tomtom golfer 2

Hi im sure this will have been discussed but I can't find details about the second gen tomtom watch. Can someone point me in the right direction please? thanks steve
  4. T

Callaway X2 hot driver upgrade?

Hi I have the above driver and I would like opinion on whether I should look at the newer models to upgrade it. The reason I ask is that testing new drivers is not easy. I've mentioned before that I would need to go to 3 different stores to cover the main manufacturers, while each one would be...
  5. T

Driver alignment aid - doesn't make sense?

I was hoping I could get some opinions on this. I have an X2 hot driver which has the normal callaway V alignment aid. I know some like these and some don't. The issue for me is that it doesn't seem to make sense. The aid is right over the sweet spot (I guess) laterally. But for me this would...
  6. T

Suddenly ballooning driver

Just after a little advice if possible. i have a callaway x2hot driver, which I've been hitting for the last year. its been going well, with a decent ball flight although I don't hit it far. in the last couple of weeks I've started hitting it very high. i assume I'm swinging different and...
  7. T

The Gower, South Wales

I was wondering if any UK THPers has golfed in this area. I'm going on holiday for a week in the summer with the family, none of whom have the slightest interest in golf, so I was thinking of maybe a round, if someone could recommend somewhere.. best wishes... Steve..
  8. T

Temperature and yardage

I was wondering how people adust for temperature, in a similar way to allowing for wind strength and direction. I played today and it was around 40 to 45F, and I was allowing a good half to 3/4 club more than summer where it will be mid 70s. Wondered if that sounds about right. The air felt...
  9. T

Wedge help please

Looking for some advice please. im having short game lessons and have realised that my bag is weak in this area. i bought TM speed blades last year and they go to PW and AW, around 45 and 50 deg I believe. these are graphite shafts and the PW has cavity and the AW seems muscle back I think. i am...
  10. T

Another fitting question

Hi Another fitting question please, to those more experienced than me. Ive mentioned elsewhere that I am going to be fitted soon, hopefully next Sunday. I am looking for 2 clubs, either 2 fairways, 2 hybrids or 1 of each maybe. The question is this. Suppose I find 2 clubs I really like at the...
  11. T

No Cobras for fitting, is that a big issue?

Hi Im about to book a fitting for 2 clubs, which could be hybrids or fairways or 1 of each depending what works. my fitter can let me try: the new callaways, or older x2 hot tight lies 2 G30 Aeroburner and R15 Titleist 915 + some other older and newer models .. But no Cobras for some reason or...
  12. T

First ever lesson tomorrow

Got my first ever lesson booked in for tomorrow evening. Very excited. hope I can make the most of it and find time to practice what I learn...
  13. T

Dealing with being long sighted

Hi there i was wondering if anyone has found a good solution to this. im 56 and my eyesight has always been pretty good. With time however, I have found it harder to focus on objects close up, so have to use basic reading glasses. In the past this wasn't too bad as I only needed them mainly at...
  14. T

Swing weights

Hi. As I'm sure this has been requested before, please could someone point me towards an article or discussion explaining swing weights. I don't understand if it's really simple, or more subtle. E.g. does it normally relate to the shaft or the club or could be either etc. Many thanks
  15. T

Is it worth a trip to a demo day

Hi not sure if this is the right place for this. i am looking to get fitted to slot 2 clubs between my 5 iron and driver. i can't see any multi manufacturer demo days here in the uk. so I could either just go to my local fitting centre who are pretty good really, and will have most of the main...
Back