Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

I’m thinking about it. The 4 will be a hybrid without a doubt. A 24 degree. I don’t know that a 27 hybrid is in the cards but I really will consider it to keep the short irons in play.

I can handle the 6 and 7 irons enough to make them work.
5-7 pro / 8-11 cb seems to be a pretty popular combo set.

*if you liked a 4i: 4-7 pro.

5-7 pro / 8-11 cb seems to be a pretty popular combo set.

*if you liked a 4i: 4-7 pro.
I can get two hybrids and play the 6 in the CB because I can take some off the hybrids and make life easier while still having the greatness of the 10 and 11

I can get two hybrids and play the 6 in the CB because I can take some off the hybrids and make life easier while still having the greatness of the 10 and 11
But the Pro long irons...so, so good. And they really do blend seamlessly with the CB's.

If you have an specific questions on the Pros let me know.

I kinda want to get a 3i.

Had a shot with the UT yesterday that was absolutely glorious. Just a bomb off the tee with a little fade.

Some self reflection: I let myself down with these at the Goat Cup. Hit some really good golf shots, but missed just enough to not be playing a CB. The short irons are phenomenal. Love the 8-11. I am tempted to trade in the 4-9 for the Pro. I have my Apex 21s for back ups. It just "feels" right. Another possibility is swap them in and out and see how it works this summer with 2 completely different styles of irons.

Some self reflection: I let myself down with these at the Goat Cup. Hit some really good golf shots, but missed just enough to not be playing a CB. The short irons are phenomenal. Love the 8-11. I am tempted to trade in the 4-9 for the Pro. I have my Apex 21s for back ups. It just "feels" right. Another possibility is swap them in and out and see how it works this summer with 2 completely different styles of irons.
You know my vote.
4-7 pro.
8-11 cb.

You know my vote.
4-7 pro.
8-11 cb.
There will be no 4 iron. I'm going Smoke Hybrid. I could add the hybrids in the 24 degree range and maybe a 27. Allows me to keep working with them. Loved what I seen from the hybrid. I can get all the distance out of the 4 iron with little on course control. Time to be smart and enjoy the game.

I'd give the Apex 21's a try first, if you have a similar shaft setup. Already on hand, and if you have a comfort level there in the long irons, why not?

I'd give the Apex 21's a try first, if you have a similar shaft setup. Already on hand, and if you have a comfort level there in the long irons, why not?
How would I gap them? Two 8 irons? Have no 4 iron in standard Apex

Obviously depends on gapping, but if you played both 8Is your Apex 21 5I basically becomes your Apex CB 4I equivalent. Or slide a 24˚ hybrid in there and go 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11 in the irons.

I'm here for the mixed bag chaos!

Last edited:
Obviously depends on gapping, but if you played both 8Is your Apex 21 5I basically becomes your Apex Pro 4I equivalent. Or slide a 24˚ hybrid in there and go 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11 in the irons.

I'm here for the mixed bag chaos!
Its the CBs

Its the CBs
Sorry I was staring at the CB loft specs when I typed that out, just wrote pros because dumb.

I do agree with you that there's nothing wrong with the Apex 21s. Great iron. Sounds like some tinkering rounds are in order!

I played 2 different 8i in the past, messing with a combo. See if that fits your gap, then you could always bend one accordingly, or...

Trade in and go with the Pros in the long irons. I believe I may have seen a 50% trade in bonus going on towards Apex irons.

Admitting defeat in equipment is a hard thing to do. I can play these CBs. On some days I can play them very well. I've read most of this thread and the realization that I've proven what testing clubs is all about has came to the surface. I was pretty clear about concerns in the 4 iron spot and I am still less concerned about the 5 iron spot. If I'm going to change, why not change to a more playable set up for myself. I am staying in the Apex lineup but with the trade in bonus it makes sense to do it.... NOW.

I am a professional... registered nurse. Not a tour pro. Rahm doesn't carry a 4 iron CB. Why should I? This has been fun and humbling all at the same time. I found myself at the Goat Cup needing hit some 4-6 irons from around 185 to 205 in some really challenging spots. I was able to do it about half the time. Thats not good enough to win events as such. Time to change it up.

THP I need your help. I am keeping the 10 and 11 irons. I love them. No desire to move on from them. The most playable PW and GW setup I have ever had.

I will be moving the 4 iron through the 7 iron at least. I don't mind moving the 8 and 9 and going into the Pro until the 10 and 11.

How do these gap? Is it a big difference? Do I need to have the Pro bent 1 weak? Help me out guys. I'm pulling the trigger by Sunday night so I can do the shipping.

Was not a good day with these. Everything felt clunky, and the ball flights just looked and felt like I hit everything high on the face.

Distance control was off both short and long, the latter absolutely being an issue. Hitting a punch 155 shot that goes 170 isn’t the club’s fault, but also? Yes it is, go 155 damn it.

I thought it was the ball, so I sacrificed it unwillingly into the woods to atone for its transgressions, and switched to a different ball. Next swing, ball go weeeee.

While I like these irons a lot, man they piss me off a lot too.

Was not a good day with these. Everything felt clunky, and the ball flights just looked and felt like I hit everything high on the face.

Distance control was off both short and long, the latter absolutely being an issue. Hitting a punch 155 shot that goes 170 isn’t the club’s fault, but also? Yes it is, go 155 damn it.

I thought it was the ball, so I sacrificed it unwillingly into the woods to atone for its transgressions, and switched to a different ball. Next swing, ball go weeeee.

While I like these irons a lot, man they piss me off a lot too.
I'm afraid of this feeling. I don't have the game to do the 4 iron in competition. I just don't. No shame in admitting it. Just don't know what way to bail. It will 100% be Callaway. Just not sure if I should wait until late fall.

I'm afraid of this feeling. I don't have the game to do the 4 iron in competition. I just don't. No shame in admitting it. Just don't know what way to bail. It will 100% be Callaway. Just not sure if I should wait until late fall.
I’m using the 4i to say I tried it, and I’m hitting decent shots with it. Not as precise as my Kingtec hybrid, but I can hit good shots with it.

I swear to God though I’m gonna lose my mind if I hit shots with these like I did today.

SOMEONE TRADE ME THE CB’S

Admitting defeat in equipment is a hard thing to do. I can play these CBs. On some days I can play them very well. I've read most of this thread and the realization that I've proven what testing clubs is all about has came to the surface. I was pretty clear about concerns in the 4 iron spot and I am still less concerned about the 5 iron spot. If I'm going to change, why not change to a more playable set up for myself. I am staying in the Apex lineup but with the trade in bonus it makes sense to do it.... NOW.

I am a professional... registered nurse. Not a tour pro. Rahm doesn't carry a 4 iron CB. Why should I? This has been fun and humbling all at the same time. I found myself at the Goat Cup needing hit some 4-6 irons from around 185 to 205 in some really challenging spots. I was able to do it about half the time. Thats not good enough to win events as such. Time to change it up.

THP I need your help. I am keeping the 10 and 11 irons. I love them. No desire to move on from them. The most playable PW and GW setup I have ever had.

I will be moving the 4 iron through the 7 iron at least. I don't mind moving the 8 and 9 and going into the Pro until the 10 and 11.

How do these gap? Is it a big difference? Do I need to have the Pro bent 1 weak? Help me out guys. I'm pulling the trigger by Sunday night so I can do the shipping.
No shame in admitting this. I wished I had more time with the Pro/CB combo to give you better feedback, however, I can say this. The Pros for me were pretty consistent up thru the 7i. 8i and 9i for whatever reason I never got comfortable with. Fekt like i was fightingbthem directionally. So when I changed up my set I kept the Pros up to the 7i. I feel like they give me what I need at these yardages. I have some help if needed, especially low on the face. With a 4i-6i in hand, I'm realistic and hope to hit the green, but do not expect it. I want something that's going to advance me in the right direction, and if I'm not on, at least I'm close and not in bad spots. The 7i I could have gone Pro or CB, but hit the Pro 7i well so kept it there.

I have hit the CB'd a hand full of times, and love how consistent they are in the scoring irons. This is where I wanted better dispersion, both distance and left to right, and the CB's gave me that on the launch monitor data, as well as during my first outdoor range session. Compared to the Pros the distance dispersion was quite a bit better, and the left miss I had with the Pro 8i and 9i went away. I feel more comfortable hitting green with the CB 8i/9i in hand.

And I can also say the 2 irons blend very well. From a visual perspective the CB's do appear thinner, but the blend is still really good Pro to CB. The sound and feel are shockingly close. You know how good it feels to catch the CB in the sweet spot. Well the Pro has much the same sound and feel, which is a testament to Callaway and how they got it right. I'm curious to see if I have any gapping issues between the 7i and 8i, but I'll need more time there.

I like the Apex lineup from a looks and performance perspective. I also like testing out new equipment, so for me adding the CB's will be a fun way to enjoy both. I know this set will challenge me, but while I can I want to test myself, without going crazy haha. I think adding the Pros gives me the help where I need it, with physically and mentally.

Good luck!

Apex Pro are so good. 5 iron was the star of the show today a few long approaches that held the green.

first round in Ohio and still love the clubs. I started off little shaky but all and all I love the fell and size of the CBs and they are not as penalizing as Other CBs I have played in the past and I love that

first round in Ohio and still love the clubs. I started off little shaky but all and all I love the fell and size of the CBs and they are not as penalizing as Other CBs I have played in the past and I love that
You got fire with those at the end today!

Special shout out to my Apex Pro 7 iron this week at the Goat Cup. First hole in singles was a disaster (in fw bunker 67 yards out after my 4th shot, conceded). Bad drive on second (hole 11), topped 3 wood, pushed 5 wood right and had a little tree trouble with a branch and deep bunker left. Hit a perfect 3/4 7 iron that drew back right at the pin, landed 3 ft short, released to about 15 ft behind the cup. Managed to win the hole and it really settled me down. Hit a good 8 iron next hole that didn't bounce on the slope like expected but saved a half. Never played on zoysia turf like the Briggs fairways, it was very thin almost like turf, but the Pro soles were great. Missed a lot of shots just enough to come up just short of greens, but left them in good places to avoid bunkers and have chances at up and downs.

I am very glad I put a Paradym 6 hybrid in the bag though and left the Pro 5 iron at home. It was the real MVP. Chipping, full swings, probably 3rd most used club. I'm not good enough or powerful enough right now to play that 5 iron confidently. Fun off the tee, but I can't elevate it enough from the fairway. Maybe one day as I keep working and taking lessons.

Been away from Callaway irons for the last couple years - had the Apex 21 but the shaft wasn't a great fit for me - but the combination of picking up some speed after getting back to strength training and healing up from a long-term injury, as well as age taking its toll on my joints had me looking at graphite shafts. Took advantage of the 30% trade in bonus deal, and I've got a set of Apex Pros with Recoil Dart 105s coming my way. Played the standard Apex with Recoil 110 back, so it will be like going home.

Excited to get some more Chevron in the bag, and looking forward to taking them to the course as soon as possible once they get in. Will likely try to get some sim/monitor time ASAP.

Been away from Callaway irons for the last couple years - had the Apex 21 but the shaft wasn't a great fit for me - but the combination of picking up some speed after getting back to strength training and healing up from a long-term injury, as well as age taking its toll on my joints had me looking at graphite shafts. Took advantage of the 30% trade in bonus deal, and I've got a set of Apex Pros with Recoil Dart 105s coming my way. Played the standard Apex with Recoil 110 back, so it will be like going home.

Excited to get some more Chevron in the bag, and looking forward to taking them to the course as soon as possible once they get in. Will likely try to get some sim/monitor time ASAP.
Great setup! Excited to hear how they play for you once they get in!

Back