Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

If I can just get that 7i down, I'll feel real dangerous this year
There are day I can and can’t so I’m plugging gaps with hybrids. The short irons are the best I’ve ever played. Love the wedges.

On to the irons...these beautiful beautiful irons.

I could say I'm in love and leave it at that because it's true. But these passed every single test but one last night (I'll get to that later).

First thing to say is my god these feel good. Pros are more dense feeling than my TCBs and the CBs feel better than them which I didn't know was possible. I only have the 10 and 11 in the CB, but still the feel is immaculate. The 5-9 of the Pro is exactly what I was hoping. I didn't hear/feel any clicking comparatively to how the 21 Pros felt. Dense crack is more what I'd describe it as.

Distances were spot on. Zero adjustment needed. But the long irons. Oh the long irons were EASY to hit. That's what I needed. I needed that confidence since it hasn't been there in two years. I had a mishit and it went almost exactly the same distance as a good strike. That's the reason I got the pros. I want more forgiveness and it seems like, at least after the first impression, I got it.

The only test not passed was my 7i. And that has nothing to do with the iron. I've struggled with that club for some reason for three seasons now. It's in my head. I thought new irons and new shafts would get that out of my head but it may be harder than that. I only swung it three times so nothing definitive yet and nothing I'm actually worried about this early in the season. With how the rest of the clubs performed, I have no doubt I'll be fine. I just have to get that self doubt out of my own head.

The coolest thing though was that the set 11i (GW), which I've never used before is PERFECT. I feel way better with it compared to a 52* and I pulled it twice and hit my distance dead on both times. Going from a 50* to a 56* isn't going to bother me at all and I really think it will open up more opportunities to score with the confidence I gained.

We played a tee up so I didn't get to use them as much as I normally would, so I still have plenty to figure out. First impressions though knocked it out of the park
The CBs feel absolutely incredible. And the 10 and 11i are even better than I hoped.

The CBs feel absolutely incredible. And the 10 and 11i are even better than I hoped.
I've never been happier to do an internet golfer thing than I am getting the 10 and 11 irons

Other than the fact they aren’t as cool as being 10 & 11 the PW & AW in the pros are very solid performers.

All of the short clubs really have been outstanding on partial shots controlling distance and spin.

The few past sets of irons in my bag were 716 ap1s, then apex pro 21 4-A (Grandaddy 21 set) and now the apex pro 24, 4-A.
The Apex Pro 21 and 24 have the same MMT 95s shaft.

I recently went to multiple Golf Galaxy and PGA free fittings to test out the new lime ups. Well, the Apex Pro won that battle and a new to me set has arrived.

Did I need the new pros, no, but we like hitting new equipment on thp.

20240209_193842.jpg20240209_201213.jpg20240209_201528.jpg20240209_201829.jpg20240209_201833.jpg20240209_201836.jpg20240209_201841.jpg20240209_202019.jpg20240209_202021.jpg20240209_202024.jpg

side by side comparison
4 vs 7 vs A
*Apex Pro 21 have the dot

20240320_201811.jpg

20240320_201939.jpg

20240320_202038.jpg

Looking down comparison

20240320_203923.jpg

20240320_204953.jpg

20240320_203209.jpg

20240320_205040.jpg

20240320_202710.jpg

20240320_205126.jpg

Last edited:
On to the irons...these beautiful beautiful irons.

I could say I'm in love and leave it at that because it's true. But these passed every single test but one last night (I'll get to that later).

First thing to say is my god these feel good. Pros are more dense feeling than my TCBs and the CBs feel better than them which I didn't know was possible. I only have the 10 and 11 in the CB, but still the feel is immaculate. The 5-9 of the Pro is exactly what I was hoping. I didn't hear/feel any clicking comparatively to how the 21 Pros felt. Dense crack is more what I'd describe it as.

Distances were spot on. Zero adjustment needed. But the long irons. Oh the long irons were EASY to hit. That's what I needed. I needed that confidence since it hasn't been there in two years. I had a mishit and it went almost exactly the same distance as a good strike. That's the reason I got the pros. I want more forgiveness and it seems like, at least after the first impression, I got it.

The only test not passed was my 7i. And that has nothing to do with the iron. I've struggled with that club for some reason for three seasons now. It's in my head. I thought new irons and new shafts would get that out of my head but it may be harder than that. I only swung it three times so nothing definitive yet and nothing I'm actually worried about this early in the season. With how the rest of the clubs performed, I have no doubt I'll be fine. I just have to get that self doubt out of my own head.

The coolest thing though was that the set 11i (GW), which I've never used before is PERFECT. I feel way better with it compared to a 52* and I pulled it twice and hit my distance dead on both times. Going from a 50* to a 56* isn't going to bother me at all and I really think it will open up more opportunities to score with the confidence I gained.

We played a tee up so I didn't get to use them as much as I normally would, so I still have plenty to figure out. First impressions though knocked it out of the park
This is awesome to read! Well, minus the head scratch with the 7i lol that’s typically everyone’s go-to 😂

The few past sets of irons in my bag were 716 ap1s, then apex pro 21 4-A (Grandaddy 21 set) and now the apex pro 24, 4-A.
The Apex Pro 21 and 24 have the same MMT 95s shaft.

I recently went to multiple Golf Galaxy and PGA free fittings to test out the new lime ups. Well, the Apex Pro won that battle and a new to me set has arrived.

Did I need the new pros, no, but we like hitting new equipment on thp.

View attachment 9250285View attachment 9250286View attachment 9250287View attachment 9250288View attachment 9250290View attachment 9250291View attachment 9250292View attachment 9250293View attachment 9250294View attachment 9250296
Yesssssssssssssssssss

Hey @Muchmore , since that first round out with the Pros, how many times have you grabbed them from you bag to take another look, or give them a little half swing in the house ;) :p

It was a tad bit windy last night so distances weren’t consistent. But I was able to flight balls when needed and get some extra juice out of them when I was going with the wind.

Still struggled with the 7i and it’s making me crazy. But I did hit one shot in to the wind and dropped it within eight feet with the 7. It felt perfect but since it was in to, I don’t know how far it would have gone. But I CAN hit it. And I seem to not miss with any of the other irons so I truly can’t wait to use these more.

On another weather break though so most likely two weeks until I get any more real feedback

Hey @Muchmore , since that first round out with the Pros, how many times have you grabbed them from you bag to take another look, or give them a little half swing in the house ;) :p
I did that at least three times a day on days I work from home BEFORE I played with them. Now I’m doing it strictly with the seven just to talk nicely to it hoping it listens to me next time we go out. I just posted above, but I did get one beauty of a shot out of it so it must be working. I’ll be doing that a lot for the next couple weeks 😂

It was a tad bit windy last night so distances weren’t consistent. But I was able to flight balls when needed and get some extra juice out of them when I was going with the wind.

Still struggled with the 7i and it’s making me crazy. But I did hit one shot in to the wind and dropped it within eight feet with the 7. It felt perfect but since it was in to, I don’t know how far it would have gone. But I CAN hit it. And I seem to not miss with any of the other irons so I truly can’t wait to use these more.

On another weather break though so most likely two weeks until I get any more real feedback
Glad to hear that with the 7i. Just need tonkeep filling that confidence bucket. If you get that one to fall in line, sounds like you have a winner to start the 2024 season!

I did that at least three times a day on days I work from home BEFORE I played with them. Now I’m doing it strictly with the seven just to talk nicely to it hoping it listens to me next time we go out. I just posted above, but I did get one beauty of a shot out of it so it must be working. I’ll be doing that a lot for the next couple weeks 😂
Talk nicely to it haha. Love it!

I think I want to re-shaft these. I'm going to move forward with them all summer and not switch out the standard Apex. Going to mask my bad golfer abilities with hybrids in the longer stuff. I don't do my own work is the biggest obstacle.

I think I want to re-shaft these. I'm going to move forward with them all summer and not switch out the standard Apex. Going to mask my bad golfer abilities with hybrids in the longer stuff. I don't do my own work is the biggest obstacle.
What shafts you thinking?

Dart 105 F5. I've gamed them and really like them. No reason to stray away from them IMO.
Correct. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Slap those darts in.

Hello there old friends…I haven’t picked up a club in three weeks due to work travel, sickness and vacations. Out in the garage and oh that buttery feel from the Apex Pro is so amazing. Hitting draws on command is a site to see. So easy to work the ball in either direction. I’ve hit a few off the toe and the ball is still playable only being offline by 14.5 yds. I’ll take that!!!
IMG_2911.jpeg

Played today and had another good round with the CBs. I am looking for consistent distance and ball flight from my irons and that has been the case with the CBs. Don’t feel like I am dialed in with my swing right now so I’m testing the forgiveness and I am finding the CBs to be pretty forgiving for this type of iron.

I did have one swing today with the UT that I didn’t hit great and saw a noticeable distance drop off, which is to not surprising for that type of utility.

I need to find someone that does club work locally that can pull the Darts from my Apex 21 and put them into the CBs.

Hello there old friends…I haven’t picked up a club in three weeks due to work travel, sickness and vacations. Out in the garage and oh that buttery feel from the Apex Pro is so amazing. Hitting draws on command is a site to see. So easy to work the ball in either direction. I’ve hit a few off the toe and the ball is still playable only being offline by 14.5 yds. I’ll take that!!!
View attachment 9250549
I live more toe side, than heel side, most times. I'm right there with you. Both the Pros and the CB's do well with these strikes. It might be a miss, but the distance has been very good overall on these strikes. You definitely feel it, so you know, but the results are usually more than I deserve.

I live more toe side, than heel side, most times. I'm right there with you. Both the Pros and the CB's do well with these strikes. It might be a miss, but the distance has been very good overall on these strikes. You definitely feel it, so you know, but the results are usually more than I deserve.
You do receive feedback which is great. Looking at stats from yesterday my worst toe or heel strike was only 20yds from target line. That’s not bad at all.

You do receive feedback which is great. Looking at stats from yesterday my worst toe or heel strike was only 20yds from target line. That’s not bad at all.
As long as they stay in play, it's a good miss for me.

Back