Search results for query: *

1. blugold

PGA ratings grab?

Often at odds.
  2. blugold

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

A bogey is never my plan when I start a hole. General philosophy, the best defense is a good offense and playing to not lose is a great way to get beat. If I make conservative choices to NOT bogey a hole, I probably won't. I would double bogey it.
  3. blugold

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

I had presses and close grip bench presses last night. I did some lateral raises too. So, I have that going for me. That's nice.
  4. blugold

Mitsubishi Diamana WB Shaft Review

Love that this shaft is alive again. Great to see they kept the WB in it's low/low home.
  5. blugold

Range balls on a SIM?

The solid piece golf ball my course uses on the range spins off a wedge more than a Pro-V1. That high spin is how they reduce flight.
  6. blugold

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

One of the the things I'm very thankful for is the off season. I get to spend a few months every year NOT playing golf, so I get to practice. Identify issues at the end of the previous season I want to tackle, then spend the next 5 months working on it. It's great. Winter is process focused...
  7. blugold

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

I believe if I went to a more forgiving iron, I would hit fewer greens initially. I plan on some slop right now. I factor in my misses. More forgiving irons, bigger heads etc. would initially cause problems. Depending on the day, my long left miss could get much worse though. People who...
  8. blugold

Deadlifts tonight. Snappy single. Dinner time.
  9. blugold

Everybody I know who has it done locally loves how they feel when they leave the place. Then rather quickly feel like crap again and make another appointment once the hickies go away. The literature is skeptical about any real benefits other placebo with cupping.
  10. blugold

Yeah, that range I get real "heel draggy". Bound to bury the heel of the club, shut the toe, and snap hook the ****** over the county highway
  11. blugold

20° IN TO OUT!!!!! The most I ever got was 10° and that was a insane.
  12. blugold

Without a doubt. Not all bodies are capable of making golf swings necessary for specific results. But, every student who takes a lesson has to be prepared to encounter a change of some level. To expect a different result with the same collapsing lawn chair swing is foolish.
  13. blugold

While this is true, there are universal truths with the golf swing. There is no one correct way to swing a club, but there are things that HAVE to happen in order for something else specific to happen.
  14. blugold

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

looks like morse code. Time to go LOW
  15. blugold

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

onion rings between rounds is a bold move.
  16. blugold

I laugh at the students who come to an instructor to fix a slice with a swing that's 5° over the top with a way too open face, early extension, and casted release. Only to have the instructor try to work with them to get the swing shallowed out, come from the inside, stay down through impact...
  17. blugold

An instructor who does not have a model of how he wants the swing to be performed, is bad. Any instructor who ONLY deals with high level golfers, is probably not good for amateurs. An instructor who cannot explain what they want done, is bad. There is a feedback loop I like to follow when I...
  18. blugold

The Official Banter Away Thread

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
  19. blugold

The Official Banter Away Thread

Looks rather slow. Low on energon. But, humans are one step closer to creating our own extermination. All hail the transforming robot overlords!!!
  20. blugold

*thump thump thump - "is this thing on?"

Welcome! Come on in, water's fine.
Back