Search results for query: *

1. TheHeez

Space X Launch - Who’s Watching

It was a cool experience, even if the fog somewhat limited viewing. The sound of the liftoff was epic and the sonic boom was incredible. The reentry burn from near directly below was so cool to see.
  2. TheHeez

Space X Launch - Who’s Watching

Heading to Lompoc today which is about 5 miles from Vandenberg. Today’s launch will be cool as it’s coming back and landing at the launch site. Should get a sonic boom as it arrives.
  3. TheHeez

Climbing Mt. Everest

I think I read that shortly after that picture was taken a section of that cornice fell away. Two climbers fell and are missing feared dead. I’ve done a little mountaineering and don’t wish to do more. That stuff is scary.
  4. TheHeez

Car Detailing Thread

Planning to embark on a journey into the detailing world. Got a new car on order that will get partially PPFed and I hope to ceramic coat shortly thereafter. What are some good resources to learn the ropes? Planning to get a foamer for the pressure washer. Perhaps a better washer handle. Sounds...
  5. TheHeez

Do you have that weird second toe?

I don’t mean to brag but I was blessed with the long 2nd toe and green eyes. Boom 2%! Roasted!! My 2nd toe is also clubbed so it points down. Lose the nail a few times a year. Hawt!! Edit: I’m pretty sure this thread is JB’s nightmare.
  6. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

From what I’ve heard, going through tires is often a symptom of driving like you stole it. Those addictive standing launches wear tires down exceptionally quick. Also many Performance models come with summer tires that optimize grip at the detriment of longevity. The order for my car is in...
  7. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

The updated 3 is so good though. Ride quality, road noise and handling have all been improved significantly. When the Y gets an update, that’s when I’d be all over the Y. The next gen is legit.
  8. TheHeez

Give me your #1 bucket list course…

Don’t sleep on Trails, OM and Sheep. Or Preserve and Shorty’s. Or the Punchbowl!! When you make it happen, make it ALL happen!!
  9. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

As in the price is better with your current company? Or the EV made a huge difference compared to your previous car? I’m going to take over insurance payments from my wife as she was not pleased with the increase. Never mind that she has never put gas in any of our vehicles and the first thing...
  10. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

As in the price is better with your current company? Or the EV made a huge difference compared to your previous car? I’m going to take over insurance payments from my wife as she was not pleased with the increase. Never mind that she has never put gas in any of our vehicles and the first thing...
  11. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

It’s hard to trust some of those outfits these days. They will equate a simple sensor issue as a failure on par with a full on blown ICE motor. Also, a lot of the issues that used to plague Tesla manufacturing have been rectified. I’ll let you know how it goes shortly. Recently Consumer...
  12. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

Depends on how close you are to the threshold. I believe it can be the current year as well so maybe making changes for ‘24 to make sure you stay under. I was crunching numbers to see if filing separately might be worthwhile. Or maxing out a SEP IRA or 401k. That’s why we did it now, this year...
  13. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

I’m going to get it done. A few towns over we have a very reputable tint shop with a fantastic customer service record. I called them to discuss the tint options and see what material they use. They were incredibly helpful, mentioned they do PPF and said they would probably get me a deal if I...
  14. TheHeez

Thinking about a Tesla

.99 would have been awesome, but the higher rate was not enough to deter me. I’ve got my order in and just hoping to get a VIN sooner than later. Getting the wall connector installed next week, acquiring accessories and plotting the tint/paint protection. Should be fun!
  15. TheHeez

The best shot of the round

First time I’ve holed out from the fairway for eagle. Had 110 in and hit what looked like a beauty AW. Couldn’t see it as it was uphill. Got to the green and couldn’t see a ball anywhere and started to get pissed, I could have sworn it was a good shot. Finally checked the hole and the...
  16. TheHeez

Which Neighbor Are You?

Our little community only has 21 houses and I’m on the HOA board. So I know everyone, wave as a first response and offer help when needed. But to describe myself as a neighbor, I’m the “don’t have a single weed in my yard and definitely pass judgement on all others’ failings in that matter”.
  17. TheHeez

Do You Wear Clothes at Home?

Starting to re-think the OPs screen name. [emoji50] Definitely get home, get clean and get on the comfy clothes. My kid gets pissed if I don’t put on PJs when I get home from work.
  18. TheHeez

Do You Wear Shoes In Your House?

And that is why we don’t have a dog. Plus the whole “we are deathly allergic”. But every time we think about, the dogs don’t wear shoes topic comes up first.
  19. TheHeez

We pretty much enter/exit through the garage door, so we have a huge shoe rack next to it for all our footwear needs. Definitely have my flip flops and slip on Vans ready to rumble for quick exits. It’s a little bit of a pain but you get used to it and the lack of the world’s outside filth is...
  20. TheHeez

The sandals while traveling thread got me thinking. Do you wear your shoes in your home? We are a “hard no” household. My wife is a clean freak and I have been converted.
Back