Do You Wear Shoes In Your House?

Yes to shoes. No telling what my 75lb dog tracks in from our walks and the backyard.

No shoes , inside especially ,
on Spotted Gum hardwood floor.
Bedrooms are carpeted only .

Slippers, occasionally in winter or cold autumn days . Not real extreme cold here . Otherwise it’s socks or barefoot inside .

Usually take them off once inside. But sometimes shuttling groceries etc they stay on.
Thankfully we have hardwood floors. Easy to keep clean.

Generally no, winter will be slippers some of the time, summer flip flops or sneakers some of the time, but overall I would go solid 60-75% no shoes or anything else for that matter - on my feet that is.

My wife would do bodily harm to anyone who walks into our house with shoes on from outside. No issue with slippers that don’t leave the house though.

For quick trips through the kitchen, but otherwise no, never.

2 small kids and a new puppy. too many invisible sticky spots to not wear shoes
Was gonna say this. My 4 year old is better about than I am. We take our shoes off in other people's homes but I almost always wear them in my own. We're also currently remodeling our kitchen so theres no telling what we could step on.

I don't put shoes on until I'm going somewhere. If I'm staying at home/hanging out in the back yard, I'm barefoot whenever possible.

We're not strict about taking them off immediately upon entry or not putting them on until you're outside of the house or anything like that - it's more of just a preference than it is a "rule".
I'm pretty much exactly this.

Barefoot in the warmer weather, socks if it's cold on my toes !

When home, I wear slippers all day long. Walking barefoot or with only socks on hard floors will tend to stress my lower back over time.

We have no rule for family or guests to remove shoes upon entering. We've never concerned ourselves with that.

No shoes, no socks…I’m at home; I want to be comfortable.

Yes.
Laminate wood floors and labrador hair.... Also the odd chance of a scorpion in the house, but that hasn't happened yet in the 7+ years here.
99% of the time it's Birkenstocks

We put in pergo laminate flooring when we moved in. Except for the basement and bedrooms. We don't worry about shoes on the laminate, but we generally don't wear them elsewhere.

I know this is partly a cultural thing, but at my house or pretty much in any house here, absolutely not. I don't understand it, but I don't need to either. To each one their own.

Yes to shoes. No telling what my 75lb dog tracks in from our walks and the backyard.

And that is why we don’t have a dog. Plus the whole “we are deathly allergic”. But every time we think about, the dogs don’t wear shoes topic comes up first.

Nope. I see what’s outside on the ground. Don’t want that stuff sticking to my shoes and spreading throughout my house.

Disgusted The League GIF

Your shoes have illness-causing bacteria on them​

Studies have shown that most shoes have millions of bacteria on them,” Dr. Sullivan says. “The germs you track into your house can live on your floor for days or longer. Then, if you touch the floor and touch your face, the germs can get inside your body.”

Nope…slippers on when coming thru the door.

The sandals while traveling thread got me thinking. Do you wear your shoes in your home?

We are a “hard no” household. My wife is a clean freak and I have been converted.

No... they go off when I go in.

Slippers or socks ...
Morning Getting Up GIF by Hilde Buiter

Shoes yes.
Boots, no.
Crocks or slippers usually.

No. Low cut or no shows in the house. Slides by the front door and the back door.

I do. My 4yr old leaves things lying around that destroy bare feet. Plus all my floors are wood. Might be different if I had carpets.

Back