Search results for query: *

1. J

Tailoring stretchy fabric shirts?

I have over the years collected a couple shirts. A lot of them are newer stretchy style of fabrics. Problem is some run larger then others. Has anyone had personal experience with getting this type material tailored? I want to say I remember hearing it can't be done.
  2. J

Golf Umbrellas.

Yup thats right. I'm about to talk about Golf Umbrellas. It has been a while since I've owned a good golf umbrella. My last one gave up the ghost on a windy, rainy day a couple of years back. Since then i've kept a rain suit in the bag and kept my fingers crossed. Well the time has come for a...
  3. J

Lampkin REL 3GEN & Iomic Sticky 2.3 Comparision please

Guys I own a set of Iomic Sticky 2.3 and love love love them. Problem is I recently tried removing them from another set of old clubs and in doing so I think the process of using the air compressor stretched them out so now they are kinda loose on the iron shafts(yes i used a tube to keep the...
  4. J

Nike Slingshot OSS 4-AW, Good condition No Grips.

Recently upgraded to a new set of irons. The grips were only a month old and I knew I wouldn't get my money out of what I paid for them so I kept them. Clubs are in very good condition and have had club covers on them since I bought them(hate the sound of rattling clubs). They are shafted in...
  5. J

Removing grip tape from inside grip?

I took off my brand new grips in preparation to sell the clubs they were on. Weird thing happened though. Every single one of the grips came off with the grip tape still on the grip. I use my air compressor to remove my grips and have never had this happen before. Any suggestions?
  6. J

Hit mats and nets for the home.

I have been wanting to use a little hit mat on the back porch for a while. I notice all over the place there are different brands and such. Same goes with nets. What brands and styles would you folks recommend? Also how well does the shaggy looking ones hold up to clubs?
  7. J

Is 2* upright same across brands?

I have decided to go with a set of Mizuno JBX-800 Pro irons. My current clubs are set 2* upright and a set of ap2 I got fitted were 2* upright. Would I assume that the mizunos would be the same? It looks like the specs are a little dirrent but just checking. Thanks for any advice.
  8. J

optimum #'s when fitting clubs

Yesterday while getting some clubs fit the fitter spoke about some numbers that they typically look for when fitting a set of irons. One example was spin. He stated that typically you want a multiple of 1000 x the number of the club(6 iron = 6k rpm) It's not a hard set rule but usually gives...
  9. J

Getting Golf shorts tailored?

Sounds like a simple question right? Well I've got several pair of golf shorts (adidas brand) that are the stretchy quick dry material and can't find anyone to tailor them. Has anyone had any luck? When I say tailor I don't mean just fold over the waist I'm talking rebuild the short to a smaller...
  10. J

Golf shirts that fit the thinner guys!

I understand that most companies cater to the idea that most American men need extra fabric around the mid section but man does it make it hard to find a good looking shirt for us guys that don't need the extra fabric. I tend to like the under armour shirts for the simple fact that I can get...
  11. J

Post signatures

Okay I'll admit it i'm 28 and already not as savy as I should be on forum stuff. How do you guys get your signatures to show your clubs? I'm guessing you type in the info but the company logo's, where do they come from?
  12. J

New Irons fitting today. Any advice welcome

Let me start by saying this website seems to be great. I recently stumbled upon it and am hooked. Now on to the meat and potatoes. For the last 5 years I have been playing with the only set of clubs I ever had fitted to me. When I was fitted they had me hit on a strike mat and took some...
  13. J

3 wheel push carts. Best out there?

Found the website from the great clic gear review of a 3 wheel push cart. I was looking at getting one of these little beauties but happen to stumble upon the bag boy 3 wheel cart that has a rotating front wheel. Anyone have any positives or negatives they have seen over quality of either...
Back