Search results for query: *

1. T

No more TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Forged Irons???

Anyone else notice that the Tour Preferred MB Forged Irons no longer appear on the TaylorMade website? Could this mean a new product release soon??? :blob:
  2. T

Ben Curtis wins with GI Irons

Anyone else find it interesting that Ben Curtis won a PGA event gaming the Titleist 712 AP1? I looked back through the entire history of the Winner's Bag column at golf.com and these were the only other complete (non-combo) GI sets I could find that have won on tour since May of 2008. Callaway...
  3. T

Nike 2012 Machspeed X Irons?

Saw these irons on a few internet golf shops. Anyone know anything about them? Apparently you can only order them in uniflex. http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nike-golf-2012-machspeed-x-irons.html http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Nike-Mens-Machspeed-X-Irons---Steel-4-AW/W12MACHSPDSTL/product
  4. T

Steel Shaft in a Hybrid?

I was talking to the folks at Cleveland Golf and they said the hybrids (3-5) that come with the Mashie iron set can be ordered individually for about $75 with the stock graphite shaft. For a $6 up charge, they could replace the stock Actionlite 65 graphite shaft with a Dynamic Gold X100. $81 for...
  5. T

Hybrid Shaft Flex Question

I just went in to get fitted for a new set of irons and the Mizuno shaft optimizer system recommended that I go with the Dynamic Gold X100. I've never played an extra stiff shaft before because I wasn't aware that my swing speed with a 6-iron was now averaging 93mph. Even more confusing was...
  6. T

TaylorMade ATV Sole vs. SCOR/Eidolon V Sole

According to TaylorMade, their new ATV wedge sole allows you to "play all critical shots with one wedge." The ATV sole "offers a multitude of strategically designed sole geometries, allowing you to play a wide range of shots with one wedge." According to SCOR/Eidolon, the "V-Sole is the most...
  7. T

My Review of the Scratch 8620 Milled Wedge - 53° TNC Grind

Just received my Scratch 8620 in the mail. It was on sale for a good price so I thought I'd give it a try. Here are some pics: Just for comparison, here are some pics of the 8620 side-by-side with the Cleveland 588: Some initial impressions: - Overall, the 8620 is a really nice looking...
  8. T

Best shaft for wedges?

Is it worth upgrading the stock shaft in a Cleveland or Vokey wedge? If so, what are some good options?
  9. T

Anyone not carry a driver?

I've been teeing off with a 3w or 1h (both are 15*) lately because of my erratic driver play and I'm considering sticking with it and dropping the driver from my bag. I lose about 20 yards off the tee but I'm far more consistent and accurate and have been posting lower scores. Anyone else do the...
  10. T

What is the lightest driver out there?

Is it the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast? The Cleveland Launcher DST? Something else?
  11. T

Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid vs Fairway Woods

After reading the review on THP, I've been looking into buying a 15* Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid as substitute for a fairway wood. However, after comparing the specs of the Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid with those of the TaylorMade R9 3-wood, I'm kind of confused as to what the real difference...
  12. T

TaylorMade Burner SuperFast Driver (2010)

Any one have any information about the new TaylorMade Burner SuperFast Driver (2010)? There are pictures of it up at other places. In my opinion, it's one of the uglier sticks to come from TM in a while. Seems like it would look terrible at address. I guess if it goes straighter and longer, who...
  13. T

Anyone try the TOMI?

I'm looking for something to help me with my putting and saw this thing. Improve Golf - Putting Practice - Tomi - Golf Training Anyone try it? Does it work well?
  14. T

TM Driver Rumor from WRX

This is from a thread at WRX: "Hi, apologies if this info has been posted. I was at my local range tonight and bumped into my local taylormade rep, who i attended college with, many moons ago. Anyhow he is just back from a business trip he and sevral other taylormade reps had to taylormade...
  15. T

Irons by Scratch Golf

I've read a lot about Scratch wedges but have found very little information online about their irons. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Back